The ACRONYM Community Sales Thread

20 minutes ago, bobbypee said:

with all due respect, we can't be comparing MSRP from 2012. Acr prices have increase every year. Ls have recently been sold for 1650. If ppl searching for a sz S cp2 are only willing to pay like 1200 max, then they don't really want it. having said that, you may get lucky if you press the refresh button on grailed every two secs lol

That's the type of thinking that got us here.  ACR routinely sold for around or less than retail here, on grailed/eBay, etc. until more recently.  $1800 for the CP2 is whack, and anyone would be a fool to pay it.

40 minutes ago, bobbypee said:

with all due respect, we can't be comparing MSRP from 2012. Acr prices have increase every year. Ls have recently been sold for 1650. If ppl searching for a sz S cp2 are only willing to pay like 1200 max, then they don't really want it. having said that, you may get lucky if you press the refresh button on grailed every two secs lol

That MSRP is actually from 2014 when Acrnm did a second run but carry-on 

4 hours ago, piece keeper said:

That's the type of thinking that got us here.  ACR routinely sold for around or less than retail here, on grailed/eBay, etc. until more recently.  $1800 for the CP2 is whack, and anyone would be a fool to pay it.

4 hours ago, bobbypee said:

totally agree, prices are ridiculous. but the point is do you think it'll ever go back to previous levels? and sure you may be able to find retail or below retail prices but that requires luck, time, and obsession. In essence, you're paying a premium for the benefit of the cp2 staying on Grailed long enough until you get on the site. The intended buyer is for those whose time is more valuable than the premium.  

Bobbypee is spot on....I sold my size Large SS-CP2 w/all tags and bag about a month ago for $1850.  Whether you think the price is whack/ridiculous is irrelevant to the price someone else is willing to pay.  About a year ago, I saw a SUFU wanted post that was willing to pay $2500-3000 for a size Small CP2. Anyone who has been in the ACR game for some time knows that the CP2 is a very rare piece, even before the huge price increase due to the nike hype. Supply and demand dictates price.

Edited by rmc

20 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

You're right, my opinion re: pricing is my own and irrelevant to what someone is willing to pay, but that doesn't change the fact that it is objectively ridiculous.  There are people out there willing to pay $20 for a Pet Rock™ and they are well within their right to pay whatever they want for it (or anything else), but much like this CP2 I maintain that to pay that much is foolish.  The more people are willing to pay these asking prices the more we perpetuate such prices and just hurt ourselves, but alas it's probably too late for that.  The secondary market for ACR probably has changed for the worse forever and bobbypee is right: the prices probably won't go back to pre-Nike hype.  

I guess I'm just yearning for the old days when this was truly a Community Sales Thread, with heavy emphasis on Community when ACR heads were some of the nicest and most professional people I've had the privilege of doing deals with, and contributed a great deal to the shared knowledge of the brand.  Now the "Community Sales Thread" has turned into "Reseller Marketplace" with the influx of new people where no one knows anyone and the only thing that talks is money.  I still enjoy and respect the community aspect and would therefore let my pieces go to these guys for "pre-hype" prices (i.e. less than retail) over desperate anon-1234 that's willing to pay double.  Guess I'm the fool in that scenario! 

Def commend you for trying to maintain the community that SUFU has built.  

9 minutes ago, bobbypee said:

if people dont wanna pay at least 1k for a hot item like the 28, the game ain't for them

There will always be certain items/sizes that garner over retail - but it seems like almost everything is going for above retail prices these days, used or not.

On 2017/1/3 at 4:19 PM, Xu Jianfeng said:

FS:

J1A-S,sold

SS-H1,size M,hat with booklet,nice condition,100 usd,shipping and pp fees not included.

CH-J31,Size XL,jacket itself with no specsheet and bag(so it came from Bodega),1000 usd,shipping and pp fees not included. 9.5/10 condition.

Bump,

also wtb 

ws-j1a

3a-7ts(shame I sold it,it hurts buying back lol,but I'll try)

any 8ts

s-j1a

On 1/31/2017 at 9:04 AM, CJ-Protype said:

WTB: 

• SS-CP2 (SMALL) 
  • J28-K [blue/grey or olive] (SMALL)
  • E-J23 (SMALL)

Not looking for steals of course, but not foolish enough to pay that bin on grailed for SS-CP2

Edited by CJ-Protype

For sale :

1. P24A-S in Olive, size medium.

Like new worn once inside.  Comes with everything.

$950 gifted firm.

2. P10A-CH in nightshade, size medium.

New comes with everything. 

$850 gifted firm. Or add 4%. 

3. E-J21 Dual Lightshell (Short Sleeve) size medium

In 9/10 condition comes with everything.

480 gifted firm.

Edited by solo1

FS (price including PayPal fee and shipping in US):

NG5-AM new with everything, $200

J57TS-SS size S new with everything, $1200

3A-MZ3 SVR new with everything,  $400 (prefer to trade for other 3A modulars, e.g. MP2TS, MP1, WK2)

J28-GT size S 9/10, gore-tex tag on the sleeve is gone, with bag/spec sheet, trade only

J41-GT size S 8/10, no bag/spec sheet, trade only

WTB: J29-GT, J34-GT, J47A or J36 in size S

8 hours ago, moneyless said:

FS (price including PayPal fee and shipping in US):

NG5-AM new with everything, $200

J57TS-SS size S new with everything, $1200

3A-MZ3 SVR new with everything,  $400 (prefer to trade for other 3A modulars, e.g. MP2TS, MP1, WK2)

J28-GT size S 9/10, gore-tex tag on the sleeve is gone, with bag/spec sheet, trade only

J41-GT size S 8/10, no bag/spec sheet, trade only

WTB: J29-GT, J34-GT, J47A or J36 in size S

If you'd like to sell that J41-GT please lmk. thanks ( I know it says trade)

Have a pair of SP5TS-S shorts for sale size small. 8/10 condition. minimal fading around the button area. Looking for $415usd shipped worldwide

also open to trades in jackets size small and pants in medium. cash on my end if needed

shoes5u5u-img450x600-14725208382iqrrm21286.jpg

shoes5u5u-img450x600-14725208387pdrju21286.jpg

shoes5u5u-img450x600-1472520838ibaoiq21286.jpg

• leg pinned and unpinned this topic