The ACRONYM Community Sales Thread

I think that selling at the higher price has to be justified. When it's beyond all reason, 2.5k for a fairly worn J28-GT, the post and poster will be ridiculed. Personally, I think it's a amateur selling tactic in many cases—"bracketing" negotiation: you want to sell for 200, you list at 300, they say 100 initially. Many newer buyers, re: fuccbois, are just fishing for desperate sellers—like Solo1 says, it's the cost of Grailed.

Yeah, it'd be nice to see costs plateau but you're right influencers set the market with prolific buying and selling—but you gotta understand the community will set the commensurate norms with pricing. 6.5k for a super limited run jacket, 3k for the first Acronym jacket, 2k for a first run 5ts—the sellers are respected and willl field respectable offers. I may be assuming/inferring a lot but the seller of the J28 seems to think that retail for a heavily used jacket is low balling. This is beyond all reason.

Edited by CARLOOA

tresuncool: nope, l am just trying to explain my point of view because l am aware that l did this once. anyway the item is already sold. and anyway noone makes a living out of reselling acrnm (based on my experience its not possible)

carlooa: yep got the dpm book

danii / carlooa :  much thanks for the responses -- genuinely curious what people in here thought about reselling generally

Call me naive but I feel like we bond over this shared obsession. People are generally good to deal with on superfuture and I will generally be nicer to people on here rather than other selling platforms.

Meh, just so long as people understand the hypocrisy in what's been said above. It's like the argument my father reverts to when discussing the P.K. Subban trade--pardon this very Canadian-centric reference. The star player should be able to get away with more in terms of behaviour and effort--or lack thereof--because he/she is the star player.  Well, as it pertains to us, I don't think reputable--which I'd argue is subjective here-- members should be given more leeway for selling prices just because they've been around longer. 

On 11/24/2016 at 2:07 PM, CARLOOA said:

Call me naive but I feel like we bond over this shared obsession. People are generally good to deal with on superfuture and I will generally be nicer to people on here rather than other selling platforms.

I'm almost always more compromising on here unless someone goes the self righteous route many many times. Mutual bond. 

Here is a wild idea that I find highly plausible ---- In maybe 4 years or less, ultimately I think even those of us doing pretty well in life (besides the cream of the crop financially), will not be able to afford or appreciate ACR garments.  

Like you said, the prolific buying and selling of goods by those in the community dictates price-- and I think contributes at least in very small part to ACR's insane price hikes -- those price hikes are far greater than inflation or just errolsons rising stock.  It is also well known that errolson or his associates keep tabs on sufu every once and again, and probably see grailed as well...

I refuse to be a part of this cycle -- and I hope I am wrong

Edited by solo1

Meh, just so long as people understand the hypocrisy in what's been said above. It's like the argument my father reverts to when discussing the P.K. Subban trade--pardon this very Canadian-centric reference. The star player should be able to get away with more in terms of behaviour and effort--or lack thereof--because he/she is the star player.  Well, as it pertains to us, I don't think reputable--which I'd argue is subjective here-- members should be given more leeway for selling prices just because they've been around longer.

Of course it's subjective! You'll pay higher knowing it's priced from someone who understands the market and product rather than someone with shallow knowledge who is trying to make a quick buck. All commercial selling is negotiated and reputation is big. It's inane to suggest that buying and selling positions aren't relative to community status—it's "good will" intangible in terms of business asset. Let me put it another way, the pricing from reputable sellers who understand reasonable selling prices are easier to stomach and to trust than people with perceptibly more opaque pricing.

I think we're all guilty of a little naivety.... There will always be supply/demand regarding private party selling, reselling. The ACR initial price point would generally preclude it from much of a resellers market. I could be wrong, but it seems once the first Nike collab dropped and ACR got to the hypebeast world, that's when the obvious "for profit" selling of ACR gear took off.

I think we're all guilty of a little naivety.... There will always be supply/demand regarding private party selling, reselling. The ACR initial price point would generally preclude it from much of a resellers market. I could be wrong, but it seems once the first Nike collab dropped and ACR got to the hypebeast world, that's when the obvious "for profit" selling of ACR gear took off.

it doesn't really help prices when alot of the buyers are trying to keep up with the looks/items featured on acrhive.

Just a question for you guys here,

I'm new to the game here and I'm looking for a J1B-S (Black) in XL, what would be a reasonable price spectrum for it ?

Saw one on Grailed, but price is higher than its retail, so I'm abit confused. 

Thank you!

Just a question for you guys here,

I'm new to the game here and I'm looking for a J1B-S (Black) in XL, what would be a reasonable price spectrum for it ?

Saw one on Grailed, but price is higher than its retail, so I'm abit confused.

Thank you!

When considering pricing it's important to understand the cost to seller: retail cost, duties, shipping. If the buyer bought from an eu seller and is in the us, he likely paid duties on top of ACR retail. That's why the price swing may be a lot more. For a J1B-S, in my opinion, anywhere from $885–1000 would be reasonable—if close to new. Edited by CARLOOA

price drop for ss-j25 and ss-j2

FS:(Grailed links are for reference)

j25-ws size l ss16,full pack,sold
https://www.grailed.com/listings/987267-Acronym-J25-ws

ss-j25:full pack,size s,price drop 380 usd, please add 4% pp fees if not using gift payment.
https://www.grailed....-Acronym-SS-J25

ss-j2:jacket with sling,logo tape and earphone magnet,nice condition, please add 4% pp fees if not using gift payment.sold
https://www.grailed....0-Acronym-SS-j2

SS-J4:from ss 07,with spec sheet,bag and jacketsling. item in good condition,acr lable shrinks for the reason of age.size L. Price 430 USD, please add 4% pp fees if not using gift payment.
https://www.grailed.com/listings/890146-Acronym-SS-J4

MSOL1:full pack,solar panel still working and same as battery charger,came with ts pouch and all adaptors. On hold for my friend

ACR logo hat:size m,nice condition,3xdry version,with paper label,price 100 usd,shipping not included.
c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNTQXI3Q0w2WDFBVGFqZm5YYXNF
c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNTQXI3Q0w2WDFBUm5Mbll2RlB6
c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNTQXI3Q0w2WDFBVVduNTZ5RVcx

For all sale items please add 4% pp fees if not using gift payment.

WTT(or FS):

my CH-J31 in XL for size L or M,or let it go for 950 usd,shipping and pp fees not included.jacket bought from Bodega,came without ziplock bag and spec sheet,worn less 5 times,9.5/10 condition.

my bnwt P24A-RAF size L for Size M,shipping and pp fees not included.(on hold)
c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJSMy9VTC8rQjkvS0I5ckMzQy84

WTB:E-J4TS olive in size M or L

IC:nice condition 3A-3TS XPAC,no ziplock bag and spec sheet (on hold)
mz3 silver bnwt(pair) sold
c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJSMy9VTC8rQjkvSkF2SXBCblhY
c0w3Um5RZjRUSjJSMy9VTC8rQjkvUHliNnU0TE9p

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

When considering pricing it's important to understand the cost to seller: retail cost, duties, shipping. If the buyer bought from an eu seller and is in the us, he likely paid duties on top of ACR retail. That's why the price swing may be a lot more. For a J1B-S, in my opinion, anywhere from $885–1000 would be reasonable—if close to new.

Thank you for the reply and the advice! :)

All modulars sold. Still for sale are:

KR-H2 - 100$, worn for 2 times, as new condition, with bag and sheet but they were damaged at the custom (torn in one place)

H4-AK - 100$ BNWT, full set

If you need photos please PM

Edited by Ztema

For Sale:

LA3-DS       Black Large - $365                 Condition 9/10

J25-WS      XL - $350                                  Condition 10/10

J1B-S         RAF Green Large - $720         Condition 10/10 *Note the bag says medium,  but its a large

J27-GT       Black  XL - $525                      Condition  9/10  No bag/spec sheet

Free Shipping inside the US via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking Number.

International PM me to work out shipping.

Paypal +4% or Paypal Friends & Family for amount above.

Edited by jward451

For Sale

P24A-DS

Size L

New condition

Including Bag Tags and original Packaging

800€ + PayPal fees or as gift plus shipping

Can send you pictures if needed. Great pant. Excellent pocket placement.

Located in Europe

Edited by xc-mtb

*sigh*

this hurts my soul, for how much I love these........

(need to pay rent / car note)

FS

P24a-ds

size L

9.5 / 10 condition

$OLD

* dropped asking price.  Originally bought from Union LA priced at $1050+ shipping / taxes

Edited by Archival

For Sale

P24A-DS

Size L

New condition

Including Bag Tags and original Packaging

800€ + PayPal fees or as gift plus shipping

Can send you pictures if needed. Great pant. Excellent pocket placement.

Located in Europe

*sigh*

this hurts my soul, for how much I love these........

(need to pay rent / car note)

FS

P24a-ds

size L

9.5 / 10 condition

$1500

$1500 for a lightly used pair, or $850 for brand new? Amazing...

WTB: P10, any variant except Stotz and Night, size S.

• leg pinned and unpinned this topic