The ACRONYM Community Sales Thread

Thanks a lot! Do you guys know whether this means stockists will have them soon (trying to not pay another 30% sales tax here)? Or is this an ACRNM store update only?

3a (except for the small attachments) products are only available via acr. since two or three seasons. not even the bagjack store gets the new stuff

Edited by henrisan

Are you in EU?

If not, you'll get a 135 euro VAT deduction so you'll only end up paying 70 euro more than those in EU.

I live in Canada, which is literally the worst possible place to order anything from outside of Canada, pretty much - yea I get VAT deduction but I'll end up having to pay more than VAT later on.

Anything about $60 in value will have an extra 30% tacked on for duties (in this case 30% of 600 euro-ish would be around 200 euros) once it comes in at the door, and UPS will definitely charge brokerage (an extra $50? 60?) unless I go through the hassle of self clearance.

Edited by coldknife

I live in Canada, which is literally the worst possible place to order anything from outside of Canada, pretty much - yea I get VAT deduction but I'll end up having to pay more than VAT later on.

Anything about $60 in value will have an extra 30% tacked on for duties (in this case 30% of 600 euro-ish would be around 200 euros) once it comes in at the door, and UPS will definitely charge brokerage (an extra $50? 60?) unless I go through the hassle of self clearance.

I'm also in Canada, and have had bad experiences with UPS and FedEx.. but when I import using Canada Post I almost never get duties or taxes. Almost never :)  If they do charge me it's usually just been HST (%13 in Ontario). Anything sent using the local post office (i.e. USPS, Royal Mail, Post Nord, etc) will be transferred to Canada Post here... 

I avoid UPS and FedEx if possible.

it's not that bad, in europe anything over 25EUR (yes twenty-five euros) will get extra VAT (depends on country - 21% here) and customs (like 5-8%) and also the brokerage (8EUR here). basically made us buy from EU stores only.

also some sellers can put lower values but they require paypal screenshots when it looks fishy (and yes almost anything bellow 25EUR looks fishy to them), I did not mention that this needs to be paid from both value and shipping fee (so we really love the expensive usps shipping). I had to stop buying at isaora because of this all.

I'm also in Canada, and have had bad experiences with UPS and FedEx.. but when I import using Canada Post I almost never get duties or taxes. Almost never :)  If they do charge me it's usually just been HST (%13 in Ontario). Anything sent using the local post office (i.e. USPS, Royal Mail, Post Nord, etc) will be transferred to Canada Post here... 

I avoid UPS and FedEx if possible.

Yeah I'd usually try and get the package shipped via the local mail service from wherever I'm ordering from but the acronym site says it only ships by UPS? That means brokerage fees + duties for sure.  :(

Also Canada Post has charged me duties 9/10 times I've imported anything above $60.. can't tell if I'm just unlucky or you're the luckiest fucker alive.

Edited by coldknife

WTS: P10-S in black size small from a few years ago. Has been worn but no flaws.

$600 net to me shipped within the US. International add $50 for EMS shipping.

Will have pics soon, or just PM me and I'll send them over. 

Edit: Does not have carabiner, spec sheet, or the plastic bag

Edited by Thatboyo

Hey, thanks for letting me know but sadly Im trying to stay away from buying straight of the site as I live in Canada and I'm trying to avoid getting hit with duties :(

There's a 3a-1 on Grailed right now in both black foil and laminate.  

Neither are mine...but I can tell you GardensofJoy/ACRHIVE is a great seller...bought from him before...all good and smooth.  He's got the black foil posted.

I wouldn't sleep on them if you're on the hunt....

Edited by jward451

^ wasn't he trying to sell a jacket for 35K USD not too long ago?

Hahaha...I remember seeing that posted, but to be honest I don't recall the seller's ID.  It was nice but not $35K nice....at least for me.

Auction ending soon...still at $151.50... SOLD

WTS: S8-DS in medium.  Only tried on, includes bag and tags.  $400+ PP fees  includes USPS Priority shipping to US Only, Signature Confirmation, with insurance.  Also open to trades for the items in my signature.

WTS: S8-DS in medium.  Only tried on, includes bag and tags.  $400+ PP fees  $325 includes USPS Priority shipping to US Only, Signature Confirmation, with insurance.  Also open to trades for the items in my signature.

How are the duties and fees when shipping to the the US? Really debating on buying the 3a3ts from the site but have read the disclaimers and the comments above. Got me wondering if its worth it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should be in the clear if you're ordering the 3ts. Any international orders from the US under $800 are exempt from duties (I believe this changed earlier this year).

I'm not sure if Acronym deducts VAT for US customers, but even if they don't, the total on the 3ts after shipping comes out to under $700 - so you wouldn't face any fees/duties. 

(as a side note - does anyone know if Acronym deducts VAT for US customers?)

Edited by KA1555

Anyone interested?  It's never even been tried on...brand new.  Will consider any decent offer.

Anyone insterested on a brand new size medium 07 ss-j3 spring/summer collection? These are the white jacket. Motorcycle style jacket very rare. Never worn.

6bpbZyG.jpg
GyfT9xV.jpg

BR09lWm.jpg

dEys0cz.jpg

Edited by shinshoryuken

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should be in the clear if you're ordering the 3ts. Any international orders from the US under $800 are exempt from duties (I believe this changed earlier this year).

I'm not sure if Acronym deducts VAT for US customers, but even if they don't, the total on the 3ts after shipping comes out to under $700 - so you wouldn't face any fees/duties. 

I think you are correct.

Was reading up on US customs last night after I posted and found this article about Customs Duty Information for US. Have not completely dissected it, but will tonight and try to get a definitive answer from it. Could some explain what VAT is and what the difference between it and duty fees?

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/kbyg/customs-duty-info

Thanks for the help!

talking of fees, duties, and taxes. for the canadian fellows here I've heard some who live near the border with the us have their shipments delivered to an address just over the border, once delivery has been made just drive down and collect, if the item is under US$800 there'll be no fees. might be something to think about with the impending drop from acronym in a couple of months ;)

This is correct, duty is only collected on items priced $800+ and Acronym does deduct VAT for non-EU customers. Their shipping charges are kind of silly though so if you can, order from firmament (which offer free shipping) or another EU or UK site (and I know it's not always possible). 

VAT is sales taxes, in Europe, it's included into the advertised price rather than being added like it's the case in North America

talking of fees, duties, and taxes. for the canadian fellows here I've heard some who live near the border with the us have their shipments delivered to an address just over the border, once delivery has been made just drive down and collect, if the item is under US$800 there'll be no fees. might be something to think about with the impending drop from acronym in a couple of months ;)

Lots of people I know do that, rent a PO box right across the border with a bunch of ppl. Or get someone to proxy for you, it's not hard to find. Canadian duties are ridiculous

Edited by Kasper

This is correct, duty is only collected on items priced $800+ and Acronym does deduct VAT for non-EU customers. Their shipping charges are kind of silly though so if you can, order from firmament (which offer free shipping) or another EU or UK site (and I know it's not always possible). 

VAT is sales taxes, in Europe, it's included into the advertised price rather than being added like it's the case in North America

Lots of people I know do that, rent a PO box right across the border with a bunch of ppl. Or get someone to proxy for you, it's not hard to find. Canadian duties are ridiculous

Thanks man. Really appreciate the insight/knowledge!

• leg pinned and unpinned this topic