The ACRONYM Community Sales Thread

One was up on Rakuten for like a day. If I was a little quicker I would have scooped it up.

Woah, i'd never seen the SS-J7C before, that's an awesome piece, right up my street. Looks like a bit of a grail piece though, be surprised if many people would give that up.

I was the same when I got into ACR initially. Any jacket would do, since it was so hard to get. It's a bit easier now with all the online stores selling it.

Anyway: a J34 isn't a bad first jacket actually. Jackkermer: if it rains frequently where you live, go for it. Otherwise I'd suggest a J25 since it's very versatile and you'll get a lot of wear out of it for that. Just my 2c.

I'm London based too Jackkermer. If you don't want to order from outside of Europe, your only option to buy new in black/small is the J34 direct from ACR. NittyGritty, Hanon and Firmament are all out of black/small/hardshells. I've not tried the Bundeswehr block fit but it looks ok if you like a slightly longer jacket. It does seem like a lot of money but there is quite simply nothing else on the market that comes close. Sure you can get a ton of other Goretex jackets but you won't see Forcelock, gravity pockets (even if you never use them), escape zips, jacket slings etc etc anywhere else on one jacket. The build is top notch but you might feel a little underwhelmed when you first try one because they are still essentially just a very cleanly designed jacket. 

I guess your alternatives are to hang for the FW14 drop or keep your eyes out for a sale on here, i do tend to see more smalls than anything on here though tbh (which is annoying cuz I'm a large).

Thanks a lot go the big help, really appreciate it. Yeah that jacket is a really clean design, I do like that. Yeah you're right, I've recently discovered acronym and I am now very badly wanting a jacket from there ha! Yeah they do look incredibly technical, water proof and wind proof. If they keep in some heat that would be great. £780 in total for the jacket so just want to see if it truly is worth it

Just bear in mind that the J34 fits a bit loose if not big. I am usually a true size Large and had to size down 1 in the J34. I am wearing a medium in the J34 and it still fits generously. However I think this only applies to the Bundeswehr block fit on which the J34 is based. I have another jacket from Acronym for example which is a Large and I think most of the times their stuff runs true to size.

@dubwise Yeah I am usually a S or M. So I'd get the small, and i don't mind if it's slightly big because I can wear a jumper underneath, I want to anyway. Do you know how payment works too on ACRONYM, because I went to check out, had 780 euros, when would I have to pay the extra 19%. Cheers

If you're between S and M you should be fine with S.

The 19% is VAT. If you are located within the EU, it will be added - if you are outside of Europe, usually you only pay the net amount. It depends on the retailer though - some offer VAT-free shopping, others don't. Not sure how Acronym handle it.

@dubwise Yeah I am usually a S or M. So I'd get the small, and i don't mind if it's slightly big because I can wear a jumper underneath, I want to anyway. Do you know how payment works too on ACRONYM, because I went to check out, had 780 euros, when would I have to pay the extra 19%. Cheers

Hi, just a reminder with price drop.

P9-E Trouser

Season: SS12
Size: L
Colour: Olive
Material: Epic Amphibious Cotton
Features: 7 external pockets
Measurements:
1/2 waist - 46 cm, 1/2 hem - 20 cm, inseam - 83 cm, outseam - 109 cm
Condition: 4.6/5

Asking Price: SOLD (traceable and insured international shipping, with EU is cheaper)

Great pair of trousers worn only 10-15 times, again sized wrong (happens too often with ACR pieces). Not really much else to say, water repellent and breathable to a certain extant, could have easily been my everyday go-to trouser if it weren't for the size (my P11-CH in M are).

Trouser comes in original package with tags. No wear, tears, stains or other damages.

VJ7fsnt.jpg

UR9aXuA.jpg

Fit pics: http://www.firmamentberlin.com/acronym/23341/p9-e_7-pocket_epic_pant.html

Edited by badlydrawn

Acronym 3A-5TSR, Brand New w/Bag and ID Sheet now up for grabs on the bay. 

Free worldwide shipping with a reserve price that is more in tune with some of the offers I've received. 

Let's get this done. 

Edited by TresUnCool

• leg pinned and unpinned this topic