supertalk6
Sign in to follow this  
junglejane

poland :: warsaw :: general

I'm going to Warsaw in at the end of the month for work. Can anyone recommend some restaurants, clubs/pubs, general worthwhile places to go??

Shopping tips are of course welcome too.

Waiting to board my flight to Warsaw. Doing a conference for the first week, then I took the next week off to see the city, drink and be merry, etc.

Also looking for activity/destination suggestions. If anyone wants to meet up, I'd be down to grab a drink too.

I just got back from Warsaw, unfortunately I wasn't able to see much of the city because of time constraints but I did talk to a few locals who gave me tips:

general walking around areas:

Nowi Swiat - a main street that has a lot of shops, bars etc

Foksal - small lateral street of Nowi Swiat worth seeing. There is a bar called SKETCH (lol) and a club called BANK that were highly recommended but I never go t to go.

restaurants:

ALEGLORIA - elegant setting, wooden floors/ceilings ecc, shabby chic decor

there is this one hungarian restaurant that was really good but I can't remember the name, hopefully i can find the receipt and will post it here

Anyone who lives in Warsaw ?

I'm gonna stay over there for a year, so it could be nice to hang out with some Sufu people !

Otherwise, if someone have other suggestions in terms of restaurant, shopping, bars, clubs, etc, I'm all ears.

Cheers :)

Bumping this because I'm headed there for a week at the end of the month.