Japanese Jeans with Modern Cuts

mickawes

I hate making a new thread, I cant take the pressure!

Heres my connundrum:

I absolutely love the Dior 19cm jeans. The fit is exactly what Im looking for. However, I need them in a size 30 waist. The only ones that Saks has in my size are the Raw looking waxed ones which cost quite a bit more.

Since I cant buy them (unless I use browns which is hella expensive) I took this as a sign and started looking around. I love all the japanese jeans for their details and high quality, and was wondering if there were any japanese jeans which have a similar (hopefully near identical) cut to the 19cm Diors.

I noticed the Onis that were posted (and look really nice!) are quite slim and taper a bit, but they (as well as the PBJ 003) look like they cup the testicles a bit too much. The Diors have that boxy fit around the crotch that I am looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please post pics or info about any modern-cut japanese jean you know about! Thanks alot!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those fit nothing like dior homme's but ok?

off my nuts, please.

he asked for japanese jeans with a modern cut. i've never seen DH jeans in person, but in photos they look like a slim straight jean. the smaller size somets have hems in the 19-20cm area, and they're slim and straight.

Sometimes you really wish there were a pair of DiorxEternals...

Everyday man... every day... :(

Thanks for the info guys. Miz, Ive been googling Johnbull for a while and cant find any dry jeans. They all seem to be prewashed...

If you know anything else (or have pics) it would be very much appreciated!

And snugglepony, those Somets are really nice, and I like the slimness of the leg, but Id like something with a little higher rise. They seem reeeally low, and I like to wear mine on the hips with a little sag action. Ill look into them though, thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys! Keep em comin! Hehe, works boring anyway!

Skull Jeans by An Alchemist make skinny jeans.

I really like the mustangs, but I dont need anymore bootcut/flares :(

The 5010xx are nice, anyone know the cuff (?) diameter?

Those flatheads that were just posted, actually got me thinking about getting japanese instead of Diors! So nice!

I really like the mustangs, but I dont need anymore bootcut/flares :(

The 5010xx are nice, anyone know the cuff (?) diameter?

Those flatheads that were just posted, actually got me thinking about getting japanese instead of Diors! So nice!

5010xxld5.jpg

yeah, skull jeans seem very dioresque, ive been loonking at them and the size 32 has a 18.5cm leg opening.

somets look very similar to dior to me.......

if you want a boxy crotch cut as long as the jeans are not hipster cut you could size up a smidgin and wear em lower? Just an idea.

Yea. I was just worried about the legs being too big, but 18.5cm sounds slim enough!

Thanks for that chart Minya, I coundnt translate the japanese on their site, guess I gotta work on my Kanji...

Are there any Samurai's with bottom openings smaller than 21cm? I think the Jin is the smallest, but not sure.

Edit - this was directed to the sizing up thing...

oh, ive just looked at the two size charts and im sure the 6x6 cum up a bit smaller, as do the black 5010xx compared to the indigo ones.

No biggie tho, i may have misunderstood the chart, if they re in different layouts. its academic tho, one or half a cm is nothing what with shrinkage an all i guess

oh, ive just looked at the two size charts and im sure the 6x6 cum up a bit smaller, as do the black 5010xx compared to the indigo ones.

No biggie tho, i may have misunderstood the chart, if they re in different layouts. its academic tho, one or half a cm is nothing what with shrinkage an all i guess

The 6x6 and the normal 5010xx are cut identically, as I said, and all measurements vary, so any variations are going to be minimal and a result of denim used/measurement error, not a different pattern. The black 5010xx is indeed slightly smaller than the indigo one, however.

Yea I just read through the whole thread.

Anyone have anything else theyve seen? I would like to see a pair of the Johnbulls, they sound intruiging...

I still really like those Onis, any slimmer jeans with overly slubby denim?

Thanks man, but Im going to keep looking at these japanese denims... if I cant find something that is amazing, ill pick up some Diors off the web. I didnt know Luisaviaroma had such high shipping either tho!

the slimmest japan i've found are the skull 5010xx, i looked through the whole shop of take5 looking for something similar and there wasn't anything close...

also the skull has a relitively boxy waist for a jp jean..so probably the best bet...

i also have the flat head 3001 they have more shaping in the hip so not as modern...there is also the imperial duke to consider if you don't mind big pockets and stitching...another 18.5 opening...

Been thinking about posting some interesting jeans I've been reading about on Denim Style Book 2. Here are some slim fitting original jeans from select denim shops you might have never heard of:

arcjeans1.jpgarcjeans2.jpg

American Rag Cie Original Jeans

Â¥15,750

American Rag Cie Shibuya

1-5-4 Jinnan

Shibuya-ku, Tokyo

03-5459-7300