Japanese Jeans with Modern Cuts

mickawes

awesome chicken, thanks.

those somets look really nice!

btw, the Sewing Chop jeans are made by John Bull. i guess it's their "modern" line. BiG just got 8 or so style in from them. i was very impressed with the stuff, they even have non-denim pants which are super, duper nice. all the styles except one of them are very slim.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome chicken, thanks.

those somets look really nice!

btw, the Sewing Chop jeans are made by John Bull. i guess it's their "modern" line. BiG just got 8 or so style in from them. i was very impressed with the stuff, they even have non-denim pants which are super, duper nice. all the styles except one of them are very slim.

yeah, the guy was showing them to me when i was in there this week, they look awesome

I was surfing through the Somet thread and noticed they were all Men's Straight models. There is actually a model that's a lot slimmer:

Slim Pants

13.8oz selvage denim

Â¥22,050

never been able to find their slim pants on the somet site... the straight leg jeans are fairly slim to begin with, though.

there are these, however, from the women's section:

ladies.jpg

i could never wear them, but i imagine they'd look awesome on someone built like chris... 100cm long!

never been able to find their slim pants on the somet site... the straight leg jeans are fairly slim to begin with, though.

there are these, however, from the women's section:

i could never wear them, but i imagine they'd look awesome on someone built like chris... 100cm long!

i think you're right, the pair i posted don't exist on their site. the ones you posted are the closest to them, though.

Mels wearing Doc Martens... didnt see that one coming!

The jeans are all awesome looking, I wish I could check them out in person! Those womens somets look closest to dior's cut, seems like the waist doesnt taper in too much like on most japanese jeans. My only concern about women's jeans is that it makes the butt look *too* good, and whenever a guys wearing jeans that make his ass look like a peach, it looks (in my opinion) a little too feminine (gay).

I cant wait to see Neumans John Bulls, I have an unexplainable attraction to the brands name...

good stuff guys!

• 4 weeks later...
I was surfing through the Somet thread and noticed they were all Men's Straight models. There is actually a model that's a lot slimmer:

sometslimpants.jpg

Slim Pants

13.8oz selvage denim

Â¥22,050

Aha. Looks like the wait is over for some of you. The OWN store seems to be carrying these:

https://own-magazine.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=12&products_id=71

WildWhisky:

The jeans look good man! I'm a skinny guy that can definatey wear these slim jeans, I just have never tried the "skinny-jeans" look before (prefer the anti-fit repro 501 fit...)

But I think I will buy a pair of slim fit jeans to try out. I'm gonna go with these John Bull over dior homme I think.

WW...what's your ht/wt? You got a 28 right? Did they say when they were getting more in? They look great!

I'm 6'0 140 lbs. I got a 28, yes. They didnt mention when they're getting more in - Miz would know more about that than I would.

And thanks =]

Youngpunch, go for it!!! they're half the price of Diors -- an amazing detail.

Guest Fade to Black

wild whiskey those Johnbulls look perfect in every aspect. Given that fit compared to Dior's, and other factors like color/look of denim I'd take those over the DH. Other than the rock-star prestige associated with the brand, I don't see why one should take the Dior over those beautiful jeans you got.

I'm not really seeing the vast resemblance to Dior here that keeps getting lauded. Diors cuts are a lot more tailored. While those John Bulls are certainly beautiful jeans, they look completely different to the long super skinny bunched Dior asthetic.

I'm not really seeing the vast resemblance to Dior here that keeps getting lauded. Diors cuts are a lot more tailored. While those John Bulls are certainly beautiful jeans, they look completely different to the long super skinny bunched Dior asthetic.

They fit me pretty similarly in teh butt to Dior Homme, and they're actually *slightly* tighter in the thighs than DH, but you're right they don't taper, and they aren't extra long.

I think all the comments are right on - the Johnbull jeans are serious business. I've been searching around for a pair of jeans that I can wear for years as my favorite pair (really inspired by Tony_Hige's Sorahikos), but I wanted something that had slim enough legs for me, and an anti-fit yoke. I think I found it!

I would recommend them to anyone. Thumbs up.

Those Johnbull's look great on you. I've been trying to pick a slim jean and I've been debating between the xx-005 and the samurai 505, but those johnbulls are maybe closer to what I'm looking for. The super low rise of the pbj is not ideal for me, and the samurai is maybe not quite slim enough. How is the rise on the sc003? Looks to be about medium, yeah?

Those Johnbull's look great on you. I've been trying to pick a slim jean and I've been debating between the xx-005 and the samurai 505, but those johnbulls are maybe closer to what I'm looking for. The super low rise of the pbj is not ideal for me, and the samurai is maybe not quite slim enough. How is the rise on the sc003? Looks to be about medium, yeah?
according to gordon at BiG : the rise is about 10.5 inches on a sz28. So, mid/high-ish rise.

they're fairly close to Dior 21s, I went by BiG today and tried on some SC002s that I liked but a little too big through the leg for me (i like more of a 19cm Dior feel). but they were very nice jeans.

ive gotta go back to see the PBJ 005s and JB/SC 003s next week.