Leather Sandals

Hi all

I am currently looking for a new pair of leather sandals for the summer, I'd like to get something rugged that would suit well raw denim, maybe in undyed leather.

Any tips/suggestions? I am not considering Birkenstock or other ugly-but-confortable styles!

look forward to hear your suggestions

v240

they're lovely but to be honest I am not going to spend 300 dollars on a pair of flip flops, this is what I am likely going to spend for a pair of boots! for f**k sake!

^sure, they are nice though. I saw a pair in NYC and was very impressed. I used to have a pair of Eder sandals, made in Italy. I got them in the old denime store in daikanyama, I've never seen them anywhere else. They look like one of those brands that you need to pick the right style from- a lot of what they do doesn't seem that great. I had something like this:

bart47dsc_00070.jpg

but in red. I think the thing that looks like a kitten heel ( ^_^) on these must be a stand to show the shoe right, anyway mine just had a normal slight heel. I think I paid about £50 for them, but they were on sale, and it was 5 years ago or so.... haven't seen them anywhere since, so not very helpful really I'm afraid. I'd be interested to see what anyone else comes up with- I like interesting sandals

thanks for the insight guys. I am from Italy myself but haven't heard yet about those Eder, and they don't look any special time, just about the same plain vanilla stuff I could get in markets and shops over here. Rainbow look nice too but I need no flip flops but a real sandal closed at the heel as for Italian laws it is forbidden to drive a car with flip flops...

What do you guys think about mexican huarache sandals?

Martinez_20Side_20SML_large_zpsacfcf27e.jpg

http://huaracheblog.wordpress.com/

http://ukata.storenv...raches-martinez

I have to say I have a thing for mexican crafts in general..

Edited by volvo240thebest

"A rugged leather sandal" Surely a contradiction in terms?

Now that I think you're definitely right!

Anyway I can't find a better way to describe what I meant in English, which is not my primary language!

Those "huarache" sandals look ridiculous. I don't even think they'd actually be considered huaraches, given that they are supposed to be very minimalistic. I've gotten a couple of pairs from lunasandals.com which I like. Very simple if you go for the new style of laces developed for them, or a bit more complicated if you go for the traditional laces that wrap around the ankle.

: ) thank god we don't have death penalty!

it's forbidden to drive with shoes not closed at heels, for safety reasons, just to clarify.

just for fun, this is a popular Italian blog about shit looking shoes "scarpe de merda"

http://scarpedemerda.tumblr.com/

come on there's much worse than those huarache!

lok at this

tumblr_md1fo7OtZN1roq8ido1_500_zps29df0ea2.jpg

Volvo fan,

If you teamed those basket-weave monstrosities with the horrendous tracksuit bottoms, they would look every bit as bad as those Buck Rogers loafers.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Volvo fan you seem like an early adopter..Stick with it.

You're right Huaraches probably work best with denim and street wear. Below are some examples from Japan and California.

martinez-huaraches-2.jpg201108161652_7.JPG

Charro-Bib-1.jpg

But they also work with smarter clothes like the Dolce and Gabbana Huaraches in Italy.

dolce-gabbana-huaraches-2.jpgleg-photo.jpg

You can also wear them with traditional dress, or even win ultra marathons in them as Mexicans do.

cora-men.jpga580cf07-6696-4a1d-a36a-579d79b3ca37.Medium.jpg

Huaraches come in different shapes and sizes, like horses for courses. But real Huaraches only come from Mexico.

Images via http://huaracheblog.tumblr.com/

no I don't think I'll get the huarache's I appreciate the workmanship involved to make them but they're very bold, and I don't like the ultra thick tire sole. they remind me the old marmite advert, you'll either love or hate it!

I think I'll get something like this, found on etsy

il_fullxfull424733016_5xc0_zps5fac1e06.jpg

handmade by a greek craftman, they're cheap and there's no chance they'll get stuck at customs. they don't scream "shtyle" at the top of their lungs like the kika's mentioned above, but they look fine to me.

Hi all

I am currently looking for a new pair of leather sandals for the summer, I'd like to get something rugged that would suit well raw denim, maybe in undyed leather.

Any tips/suggestions? I am not considering Birkenstock or other ugly-but-confortable styles!

look forward to hear your suggestions

v240

Have a look here:

http://www.robertasettels.com/

Apparently she's a contemporary music composer as well and she worked with the likes of Pierre Boulez (one of the most important avantgarde composers of the 2° half of XX century). interesting..

I just shot her an email, let's see if they cost more or less than a pair of benchmade English boots!