Superdenim Instagram Community

jstavrin

14 hours ago, JDelage said:

All - who is https://www.instagram.com/guzhuokangzheng/ ? Is it a brand? A store somewhere? The name seems Chinese to me (I'm guessing). They have some lovely items....

28 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

^ didn't know that page, amazing craftmanship...

i believe the ever knowledgeable and sartorial sage @Iron Horse was citing this user on a different thread as one of the prime sites of remaining workwear envelope pushing in response to @aho's despair at demise of IG denim / workwear posters. i too was pretty darn impressed, esp. with stripey jkt of 31 october

11 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

i believe the ever knowledgeable and sartorial sage @Iron Horse was citing this user on a different thread as one of the prime sites of remaining workwear envelope pushing in response to @aho's despair at demise of IG denim / workwear posters. i too was pretty darn impressed, esp. with stripey jkt of 31 october

Yes, he's from China; would have to message for more details about the clothes, he doesn't seem to reply to comments; such is the nature of the post-modern mysterious hypewear brands ala Timeworn/At Last/Butcher that this is modeled after (no physical address, no website, no social media, no sign on the storefront). The ultimate goal of the dandy perhaps: never divulging to anyone where you get your toys, and thus winning the contest of competitive shopping. :P

Edited by Iron Horse

On 12/28/2017 at 3:37 AM, bartlebyyphonics said:

On 12/28/2017 at 7:49 AM, Iron Horse said:

Yes, he's from China; would have to message for more details about the clothes, he doesn't seem to reply to comments; such is the nature of the post-modern mysterious hypewear brands ala Timeworn/At Last/Butcher that this is modeled after (no physical address, no website, no social media, no sign on the storefront). The ultimate goal of the dandy perhaps: never divulging to anyone where you get your toys, and thus winning the contest of competitive shopping. :P

I might have some information about them as i have talk with them back in January they have brand called Labour Union that based in Nanjing City if im not mistaken

TB2v_oZbmFjpuFjSspbXXXagVXa_!!1586070498.png

TB2xA7tXtrJ8KJjSspaXXXuKpXa_!!1586070498.jpg

TB2YMMsXx6I8KJjy0FgXXXXzVXa_!!1586070498.jpg

TB26Qg0bl8lpuFjy0FnXXcZyXXa_!!1586070498.jpg

5 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Use google translate to navigate the site? It's pretty straightforward, they even do international shipping now.

I still haven't tried yet to order straight from taobao, still use yoybuy. Please help and explain, is it now possible to order direct and have the parcel sent from the seller to every address outside China?

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I still haven't tried yet to order straight from taobao, still use yoybuy. Please help and explain, is it now possible to order direct and have the parcel sent from the seller to every address outside China?

Yep! It works like this: Taobao has warehouses that collect (and combine!) orders that you then can release for international shipment. I haven't used it to send to my home address since I use a forwarding service with a Hongkong address (HK counting as international since Taobao is mainland China) that will forward to me with all duties paid so I don't have to deal with customs and will receive packages within 3-4 days since they use DHL Express. You can put in your international address once you make an account with Taobao:

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.0faa7db0569b9640c0cb125f1c80b3ed.JPG

I haven't tried international shipping through Taobao itself but it should work just fine, I'm not familiar with the delivery companies they offer though. Here's the tracking info for my last order:

Unbenann2t.thumb.JPG.8347d5282f5f6e290a1e9aa5e1b20153.JPG

Here's the form where you enter new addresses:

Unbena3nnt.JPG.3813820049f6aa22dfbaaa6242456727.JPG

As I said, I haven't tried my actual German home address, maybe there's more fees involved with customs when a parcel leaves China for Europe compared to for HK. Still, you don't have to pay Yoybuy for their outrageous conversion course (since your card will be charged in the actual yuan amount) plus their additional fees...

The forms are somewhat terrible to navigate since Chrome auto-translate will sometimes fuck things up so you have to reload the site but once your data is put in you're set. Ordering is as easy as putting into cart, paying for items plus delivery to the overseas warehouse - once it arrives there you'll pay for international delivery and have the option of consolidating various deliveries beforehand.

cheers @Cucoo I've just managed to succeed in my first ever direct taobao buy. It was a total translation rodeo... Shipped direct to Italy, let's see how well they can f**k me in the a**e!

I've bought two Labour Union shirts, let's see if they're any good...

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, volvo240thebest said:

cheers @Cucoo I've just managed to succeed in my first ever direct taobao buy. It was a total translation rodeo... Shipped direct to Italy, let's see how well they can f**k me in the a**e!

I've bought two Labour Union shirts, let's see if they're any good...

@volvo240thebest How did the Taobao transaction go? I'm looking to order from Labour Union soon! Any crazy fees? 

56 minutes ago, cottonskinblues said:

@volvo240thebest How did the Taobao transaction go? I'm looking to order from Labour Union soon! Any crazy fees? 

A disaster. I've never received the parcel and never received a single reply from labour union as well. I've tried to reach the guy from Instagram as well. He did reply but it seems he didn't understand my requests. In brief, buy via proxy.

4 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

A disaster. I've never received the parcel and never received a single reply from labour union as well. I've tried to reach the guy from Instagram as well. He did reply but it seems he didn't understand my requests. In brief, buy via proxy.

@volvo240thebest Oh no! :( Sorry for the loss. At least you're saving the a**es of the rest of us. 

9 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

@volvo240thebest that is indeed much sadness.

was hoping for great things from them!

Just filled a Mastercard reclaim, hate to do this but I guess after 2 months there's nothing else I can do. I am pretty sure the transaction would have gone fine through a proxy. I've filled twice the Taobao form to ask the seller to ship the parcel, they never replied to it. I am positive and blame the language barrier rather than the sellers, although if they agree to ship worldwide trough Taobao they should be able to understand and communicate in English.

I will buy the shirts through a proxy if I can get my money back. I'd also definitely snag one of their overalls if they made them up to a 36.

I didn't use the same system as you, now virtually Taobao allows sellers to ship directly outside China, they should have replied me with a tracking ID and proof of shipping, which they never did. I've tried to reach them through the Taobao platform twice and had no reply. I then tried to contact Labour Union main man via Instagram and he did reply but clearly he didn't understand my questions because of a lack of English (or a lack of Chinese my side!).

It hurts to do so, mainly becasue I really wanted to buy some of their stuff.

i understand your reluctance Volvo but in this day and age fuck it get your money back.  I bought a book from a well known magnum photographer and had to do the same.  Didnt ship ever, kept saying he would but it never came.  I filed a claim and it came within a week from London.  I have no patience for selling something but cocking up the buying process.  Unless specified in advance, i expect the product within 10 working days max, no matter where in the world you are.  Cutthroat!