Levi's 514 and 511

youth_culture

I recently purchased a pair of Levi's 514 Slim-Straight jeans. I'm not sure of the wash, but they're extremely dark and borderline black. Very, very nice fit and the straight leg is a nice change from my usual bootcut. I'd suggest anyone on a budget who wants a great pair of jeans to purchase the 514. I felt like I was stealing them at only $30!

Also, I was wondering if anyone has tried on a pair of Levi's Skinny 511.

Yep, I actually purchased my pair at JCPenny's. Funny that I went to a boutique earlier in the day and didn't find any jeans I wanted there (among their piles of True Religion and Rock & Republic), yet I turn around to a middle class department store and end up buying a pair of Levi's.

What does everyone think fo the 514?

The more I wear these borderline black 514's, the more I love them. I do wish there were more washes... all the ones I've seen are cheap, distressed looks. When will this dirty, ripped stage pass in popular culture?

Actually, I enjoy somewhat distressed jeans... but only when they're not mass produced and sold at American Eagle.

I agree, can't stand the detailed versions of the 514's + 511's. Super cheap! I've got the almost blacks with bold contrasting stitches, the super dark blue blacks and the oil slick wash. for $30 each, couldn't help myself. Just dropped off one pair to my tailor today to get tapered in about 3/4". Can't wait to see how they wind up.

got a pair of the 511's too, the same ones in the above photo, and they have some slight detailing, mainly some barely noticeable fades on the thighs and butt and baked in crinkles behind the knees, which I can't fucking stand. Gonna see if I can iron them out actually.

• 2 weeks later...
The more I wear these borderline black 514's, the more I love them. I do wish there were more washes... all the ones I've seen are cheap, distressed looks. When will this dirty, ripped stage pass in popular culture?

Actually, I enjoy somewhat distressed jeans... but only when they're not mass produced and sold at American Eagle.

How much did your (semi)black 514's stretch? I checked those out today and they felt really stretchy. I've noticed that they were a cotton/spandex blend (99% cotton to 1% spandex.). I wanted to see if I need to size down on them.