china :: taipei :: general

Tropiculp

if you go up 101, be aware if it's a foggy day (and it generally is during winter in taipei) you really won't see much. i personally don't think its worth the fee they charge you to head up there. but i guess it's cool nonetheless. under the tower they have some good couture shopping. the markets are everywhere, you will run into them without much effort. whilst walking around the markets, if you smell shit - it's probably just a smelly tofu stand, and not that you stepped on dog crap.

The food in Taiwan's pretty good, although it seems to be the same deal everywhere. Huge steaks or chicken breasts along with barbequed squid and the like. I didn't find it that much more interesting than others, but I suppose it's not terrible or just downright weird. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place nor the dish, but I distinctly recall having this beef noodles which was just fucking amazing. Also, do try the streetside hot pots. Pretty good as well, although the hygiene looked kind of suspect.

Luxy's a great place if you want to go party. I believe Wednesday nights is Ladies night there, and Thursdays at TU Bar. And then there's Plush as well. And was it Room 88?

Taiwanese chicks are ridiculously sexy, not to mention they seem to be really friendly too. Without gold digging neither, like asking you to buy them drinks. I remember just hanging by the bar with some friends and a bunch of girls started talking to us and when they found out that we were tourists, they even asked if we wanted them to take us around.

Perhaps a local can shed some light, but why is it, and not that I'm complaining, that all the girls there seem to be in bikinis all the time?

If you're wondering "is it really like that?"... It really is like that. Kid you not. Should've seen the look on my face when I went into the club and saw almost every chick in bikinis.