Redmoon wallet care: 2 oil or not 2 oil?

emaze

DD, what do you think would help / what would have helped to start with? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I really don't know, short of never putting it in your pocket I can't think of anything that would keep it from absorbing indigo. It might help to have a seamstress sew a lining in your pockets.

• 9 months later...

Well so i dont start a new thread ill bump. I got a red moon wallet in white. Ive used it a couple days and its picking up some indigo... i dont really mind it much so far. I just have no idea how it will turn out later on... Should i apply anything to it? So the paint doesnt crack or something?

Can you post a couple of pics? Is it painted or dyed? I have an old painted guitar strap that never did get used, but the paint still cracked. The leather is still intact but the paint does not look so good. I'd probably use an oil type product in a small spot and see what happens.

I've been thinking about picking up a white Redmoon.

Please post some pics.

Edit: that was quick ...

How much and where from?

I managed to get it in a red moon sale. It was 11700 yen in total i think. (About £50 after exchange rates/$100)

The thing is my friends girlfriend got it for me in Japan so i dint pay any proxy fees and he went there to see her and brought it back with him so no post fees either.

Theres a few new white ones that looks real nice but they are all about 19000+ yen i think. Look out for the Pink Planet collection stuff theres a few nice white ones there.

(mine is almost the same as the pink planet stuff...)

http://www.redmoon.co.jp/brand/pinkplanet/wallet/ppc-08c/

But my model number is PCC-08B and white the inside of the wallet is stamped Pink Planet the buckle is totaly different and not shinny silver like that one.

Looking at the site theres a new white snow collection as well:

http://www.redmoon.co.jp/event/2007xmas/index.html

New

DSC00259-vi.jpg

DSC00260-vi.jpg

2 months

DSC00575-vi.jpg

DSC00579-vi.jpg

DSC00583-vi.jpg

DSC00585-vi.jpg

when i first got it i tanned it for about 6 hours. then, i used obenauf's oil with the applicator brush twice. i let it dry for 24 hours after each application. after about a months wear i used the obenauf's jaguar leather cleaner to try to get out the indigo stains. it worked a little bit, but didn't get it all out. i decided to add some pecards dressing on it to help protect it from the indigo and to moisturize it. i think no matter what you do your going to get indigo stains, unless you get your back pocket lined or just don't wear raw deniim. i personally don't mind the indigo stains. i think it adds character.

I managed to get it in a red moon sale. It was 11700 yen in total i think. (About £50 after exchange rates/$100)

The thing is my friends girlfriend got it for me in Japan so i dint pay any proxy fees and he went there to see her and brought it back with him so no post fees either.

Theres a few new white ones that looks real nice but they are all about 19000+ yen i think. Look out for the Pink Planet collection stuff theres a few nice white ones there.

(mine is almost the same as the pink planet stuff...)

http://www.redmoon.co.jp/brand/pinkplanet/wallet/ppc-08c/

But my model number is PCC-08B and white the inside of the wallet is stamped Pink Planet the buckle is totaly different and not shinny silver like that one.

Looking at the site theres a new white snow collection as well:

http://www.redmoon.co.jp/event/2007xmas/index.html

Yeah I've seen them ... I'm personally not feeling the pink planet ranges at all, and the snow white is a weird beige IMO.

Grrrrrr.

Yeah I've seen them ... I'm personally not feeling the pink planet ranges at all, and the snow white is a weird beige IMO.

Grrrrrr.

What white ones were you thinking about?

Apart from some long wallets (that seem to be verrry expensive) there doesnt seem to be any full white ones without any funky detailing on the front.

the white ones are so cute!

can't wait to see these wear in. I wouldn't know how you would oil these, do you plan to?

Nope my plan is just to wear it as it came but i just got scared there would be some care tips im missing as everything is in japanese on the redmoon site/with the papers i got.

Ill post more pictures in the coming weeks/months but all ill wear with it is raw denim so i expect it to go abit blue. (Though wiping it off with a damp cloth seems to work wonders to get rid of it.)

• 1 month later...