Saint Laurent F/W 13 - Paris

bill

Reminds me of what all the hip parisiennes wore 5-6 years ago, then it spread across the globe. Not sure if that's good or bad thing. I like girls who dress like that, but it's not exactly ground breaking. But I do hate the strapless dresses at the end.

au6rgj.png

Hedi's vision went from "heroin chic" to "meth scary". If you want to see grunge executed with vision and inspiration, see dries ss13 or really any marc jacobs campaign.

I must say I was surprised he took his influence so literally, I thought SLP spring 13 was really well done and having handled most of the collection I thought the pieces were constructed beautifully. That's not to say this collection won't be nice in person, I just think it was "inappropriate" and ultimately lazy at this stage in his career / working under YSL / it being 2013... as aoi mentioned above it's a look that was around pretty heavily 5-6 years ago.

That ugly bitch from BRIDEZ was his rumored muse for this collection: basically a spoiled blonde 20-something living in SF who only wears gaudy thrift "finds" and in a shitty band. From the 2 minute interview video I saw on her she came off as juvenile and delusional... the same as this collection.