Hussein Chalayan "Rise" F/W 13 - Paris

bill

That Chris Brown "Transform ya" came in my head when I saw those three dresses. Easily my favorite collection so far which some might say doesn't mean much this Paris season but I have been enjoying quite a few collections as a whole.

This collection was already enormously strong and then the transforming dresses blew everyone's mind. I need to figure out how he managed that.

As impressive as those are, the pants for this collection are such a simple idea that is executed beautifully. The skinny leg with flowing fabric on the outside strategically attached to move with the movement of the wearer looks beautiful in motion and the multiple iterations of the idea all look great.

The patterns on the dresses and jackets seem versatile to me. I could easily see a woman buying one of those pieces to wear with clothing she already has.

Finally, the incredible texturing on the coral, white, and black dresses and pants.

I'm with Desi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...