Finally got my first pair of Japanese Denim; Flat Head 3001

qom

i got these jeans when i was in hk...i measured the one wash pair the had in store for trying on and a 32 measured 30 which is the same as my skulls 5010 in the one wash state...i soaked them in cold water and took them back to take5 for a hem...which they did longer than i asked to accommadate further shrinkage in length...so i will wear them cuffed until the first hard wash...

they then told me to soak the hem in very hot water for 10 mins to make it pucker again like a factory hem...it worked

they are looser on me than my skulls... very nice denim...prone to dry crocking after the first wash...

i may have been able to squeeze into a 30...but nothing wrong with a slightly bigger jean...after walking around in 32C in HK the seat has relaxed nicely...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

backworn.jpg

As you can see they're very snug in the waist, and I haven't soaked them yet.

So the question is, should I keep them, I imagine they'll shrink pretty much first time I wash them, altough they will stretch out to the same size they are now.

those jeans are fucking awesome.

i would definately soak them.

the waist might be snug at first but the legs will fit better and the waist will stretch back out in no time.

btw, what did those run you?

those jeans are fucking awesome.

i would definately soak them.

the waist might be snug at first but the legs will fit better and the waist will stretch back out in no time.

btw, what did those run you?

Thanks, they costed $251 in total from bid-service which is a great service, by the way.

seatiger: Bought them from Klax-On

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/3001/

So, here I sit in my newly cold soaked flat heads, took me somewhere around 15 tries to button up, almost injured my thumb during the crusade..

And my mum's all upset, asking me about who's gonna clean up all the mess I'm causing.

So I guess they shrunk a little, but just a tiny bit..

So, here I sit in my newly cold soaked flat heads, took me somewhere around 15 tries to button up, almost injured my thumb during the crusade..

And my mum's all upset, asking me about who's gonna clean up all the mess I'm causing.

So I guess they shrunk a little, but just a tiny bit..

hehehe! atleast you can button up, i couldn't do that for the first week. hang in there, they'll loosen up! :) good luck! and post pics!

Nooooooooooo! Don't take off the stitching. Japanese brands go to such lengths to get levi's panties in a bunch. That was the best part of the jeans... well other than the fit, construction, denim, hardware. Okay maybe it wasn't the best part of the jeans, but it was up there at about #10 on the list.

Oh and please don't tell me you cut off the red tag too, that would be treacherous. :)

Anyways atleast you still have a wonderful pair of jeans.

ack!

most folk just take off the "forked tongue" from the stitching so that it resembles the levi arcuate--------did you remove all of it???

let's see the final result of the pocket stitching torture

Removed it all I'm afraid.

Always been weak for blank pockets

I did not cut of the red tag though :)

• 2 weeks later...