And Now a Word from Us Kids (Arthur Read saved my childhood)

ChaseDizzy

D'aw. Arthur is a show that has managed to stick with me. As a kid it was always a show where each episode felt fresh and had a purpose. I learned a lot about why people develop and maintain different personalities just by watching. Plus, where else do you get dialogue this entertaining in a kids show?

D2vsWyz.png

I mean, come on. Apparently they had an episode on blogging at some point.

I fondly remember episodes that had elements of childhood fears like the fire drill and Halloween ghost episode, and who can forget the infamous lima bean can when Arthur goes to the dump despite his parent's warnings and then lies because he is scared? It made an effort to address the issues that kids would deal with at some point and the things that would help them.

lbPbSHC.jpg

Some of the images alone from this show make me laugh because I can only hope to imagine the plotline that has lead up to them.

As a final sidenote: whenever Arthur wears a fake beard I thought he looked angry.

LkCqAY4.jpg

I was too old for the show by the time it came out but did read the books. Pretty good series for kids; lots of typical grade school level problems get covered like where he has to get glasses or has trouble with his teacher. The fire drill one would be great for a lot of kids (I don't think it was ever a book); we had one in my homeroom in 3rd grade who was terrified of them to the point he'd try to skip school the day they had them.

I seem to remember Arthur was one of the first eBooks, back when they got sold on a CD-ROM and cost a few hundred. My elementary school had some of them although sadly I was too old for them by that point. Hopefully they had the same sort of dialogue as the TV show; it looks pretty good from what I can see in these posts.