Superfuture Running Club

jackg

Ran my longest distance to date today, 5mi, average pace of 10:30/mile. Working on getting the pace down on my shorter runs but I'm really pleased with my overall progress. This time last year I was plagued with runner's knee and I'm glad to be injury free!

ran my 12k city to bay fun run today, finished in around 72mins

hard to run in the midst of 40k people, this was the view @ around the 4k mark

lnz5.jpg

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/special-features/record-numbers-turn-out-to-run-jog-and-walk-adelaide8217s-12km-citybay-fun-run/story-fniv59w0-1226719402006

Edited by jbanger

Well my period of rest (kneels had their cartilage ripped, both) is enough now and heading back to England this Saturday I should be on the track this Monday, does Endomondo work offline? (With an ipod touch for example or do I need to carry my iphone?)

I went for some nike free 5.0 they were cheap and will be the job letting me the time to get my perf back (even if it's wasn't that impressive)

Edited by Mr.Sander

not sure if this is the right place to post it but have any of you guys done mud / adventure runs (lol) im doing the tri state tough mudder next month..

4 guys from my crossfit did the 20km tough mudder a couple of weeks ago, they've done it previously and love it

i'm planning on doing this next April with a couple of mates http://www.thestampede.com.au

Do it as a social, fun, somewhat challenging bonding session with colleagues/friends. Too many people cram at the obstacles to have any chance of doing it flat out, its still fun though.

Somehow i have bruised the top of my foot/metatarsasls and forefoot striking really hurts now. no idea how it happens but another week off running -_-

Yeah Im not even looking at it like a race. just something to survive i guess. hahah. I've been training/running mostly in my minimus' as those are the shoes I plan on using for the day.  only thing that kind of scares is me is how cold it may or may not be when I do it.  

Is there any runner in Hong Kong, need to know some good trails !

Feels good to run again I went three time in a week and tried both endomondo and nike + , and twice endomondo fucked up and the first time i used nike+ it worked perfectly ... so I think im gonna stick with nike+ atm.

Anyone on Nike+ ? pm me!

Really inspirational stuff there Jack! Can't wait to reach that higher state of mind you're talking about!

Talking about injuries, was out running this morning and after one km I felt this hard stroke on the downpart of my back. It happened while I was running upwards a hill (not too steep).

I searched the web a bit and found some stuff about training too hard might lead to injuries. I run about 2-3 times a week and have been doing so for about a month. 

Another thread I found searching my injury suggested that both training your back and your abs will help you not injure yourself.

I'm pretty new to running, haven't been doing it that much this year, and I'm not that fit when it comes to abs and back.

What do you think? Could it be a combination of both? It hurts down my hams (left side) when I sit or run. :(

just saw this post. not sure if you got a response or if you've figured out what's wrong. in the case that you haven't... 

sounds like you might've done something to irritate the sciatic nerve. sitting indicates that maybe your spine going in somewhat of a flexion state is irritating the nerve. make sure to mention to a doctor/physiotherapist.

Edited by teeo

looking into starting up and getting my 2 mile down (not down to any specific time, down as in able to run 2 miles at any pace at all) -

i know, sounds ridiculous, i used to play soccer and have been out of consistent physical activity for a couple years and need to get my stamina back up to a decent level. i'm really thin and my legs are way skinny. i'm over it. tried playing indoor recently and would be gasped for breath within ten minutes.

any recommendations for shoes? would like to avoid sweatshop product. i have a pair of 996s on the way but didn't think they would be for running necessarily. 

if i can't find anything non sweatshop i'm going to give in and just get a pair of free runs.

also, any recommendations on a routine that isn't going to hurt me? i was thinking a light/medium jog two times a week and build a foundation.

just got back from a week of uni games on the gold coast! the aim is to get back on the track this week.

Also sufu running club is taking over the sufu instagram the week of the 21st of October. Thinking we pool running/gear related photo's and then get someone to upload?? 

Anyone keen to do the uploading as I have a blackberry for some very strange reason.