Superfuture Running Club

jackg

aight check it. Went to get acu on Sat and woke up sunday morning pain free. I was able to run up and down the stairs with no pain for the first time in a Month (I.T Band Syndrome). I was skeptic at first but IT WORKS!!! No placebo effect. The only uncomfortable part of the treatment is the electro stimulation. I was told to lay off for about a week (no running or any strenuous exercises) which in the medical world means like 3 days or so.

pGN4Tbt.jpg?1

Went back today (monday) to get the right knee done although I don't have pain there. Just wanted to do it anyway. I have 17 days til the Half marathon, kind of a last minute thing. I DID NOT PREPARE AT ALL. Hopefully I won't injure myself. woop woop.

ps: 50 bucks a treatment. I'm gonna go for a test run on Wednesday.

8bqkS7E.jpg?1

Also purchased a I.T band a couple weeks ago. Helps a lot. excuse my milky legs.

9tyP2s8.jpg?2

Edited by TruMoo

Huge half marathon PR today (1:15), unbelievably stoked on that.  Just put up the report on endomondo!  I'm starting to think that being sick affected me more than I realized in my one recent marathon (2:50), so it will be exciting to see how much faster I can go next time out, 5 weeks from now.

How's the garmin 610 at getting GPS reception around houses? My 210 sometimes takes forever.

inside my house I get nothing! but outside it picks up a signal pretty quickly (30-60 seconds) and I live pretty much in the country (struggle to get 3g mobile reception most of the time!)

Wow never spotted this thread.

Been running 2-3 times/week for the past couple of years, but this is the year I finally do a full marathon. I've done two halfs, one 30km race, and I want to do a full this october.

I'm thinking if I can make sub 4:00 time I'll be happy (I did my most recent half-marathon in 1:45), and I'm going to living/dying by my weekly running regimen. So far I do one super-ultra-long run (usually on the weekend), one 10km, and one 15-23km depending on how I feel. I drink water like it's my day job, and I'm going to start taking multivitamins (my doctor recommended I take iron too, as I'm vegetarian [prolly still pork more than all y'all doe just bein real one time]) soon.

Hoping my saucony's last me the season, bought em late august last year and they seem to be holding up. yuh. read an article on this thing but I wanna hear some strict runners/IRL people's opinions on it before I pull the trigger. So far I just run with my keys and ipod shuffle. 

I got a garmin forerunner 610 last week! took it for a spin today and was very impressed. very good watch. also did my first proper distance marathon run (albeit at training pace). 

69Ff0nn.jpg

That's pretty legit.  I've got the 110 and would love to have one of those, but can't justify the price tag.

That's pretty legit.  I've got the 110 and would love to have one of those, but can't justify the price tag.

haha early birthday present from my parents! :) 

Edited by jackg

since we're doing group pics, here's a one of my latest team. every ~6 months i help train a new group of people for a half or full marathon. for many of them it's their first time attempting the distance. while they train they each also raise $2000+ for the leukemia and lymphoma society, to fund cancer research and patient services. picture was taken for our team manager, who was going to take part in this years paris marathon.

www.teamintraining.org

8718670792_4092479bb7_b.jpg

even better!

damn rob didn't know you lived so close.

Yea, just a little south of SF. Thinking about doing the Nike half in the city. That's always one of the events we do for the fall season. Always wanted to do a race in a big city, plus with like 10:1 girl to guy ratio there'll be a ton of runner babes. The other option is the Chicago marathon, but I really have no desire to do a full.

^ nice man

gonna start running next week as well, gonna drop by the nike store downtown this weekend and grab some new jawnz to run in. need some shorts since the weather has been so nice recently. i'm used to running in pants lol, probably one of the very few who run in pants x_x

haven't ran consistently since high school, pretty much just ran whenever i felt like it x_x

I see some of you have the Nike Flyknit Racers. What is your opinion on them? I was thinking about snatching them, but the price tag is the main reason holding me back.

Currently, I have the nike 3.0 v2, but am in need of a new pair of running shoes as they are looking pretty bad. 

Just joined the club thanks jack, i'll go back running soon just got my cartilage ripped (right kneel) its been a month and half now ...  glad that the sun is back.

I'll take some pictures of the spot where I run, backcountry of England we love you.

Edited by Mr.Sander