helicopter was brought out to shut down my afterparty

el_Ronn

You like something, but you won't wear it because of specific other people that do?

You're still reaching

my disgust for the connotations associated with panerai and all the cunts who wear it from the past 8 years or so up until now far outweighs my liking of it's general aesthetic.  

for instance why don't you rock billabong or dakine shit anymore?  

my point is that you are and always will be late to the party.  you might not be a dollar short (anymore), but you are def and always will be a day late (technically tho, ur way more tardy).

Edited by SSchadenfreude

for instance why don't you rock billabong or dakine shit anymore?  

That is a pretty poor comparison. Ron will instinctively say that he doesn't wear it because plebe simmies have access to those brands, and they are too immature for his tastes. Let's face it, once rappers (hip-hop community, urban, wanna be gangsters, dare i say new-to-money hoodrich folk

read: new money ethnic people

) have access to these luxuries, they often drop off the face of relevance. Look at Von Dutch, Ed Hardy, Hilfiger, True Religion, etc. Not trying to be racist, but it is what it is. Nobody wants to be associated with trashy people who rock this stuff, so many people move on. What Ron doesn't recognize is that he falls into the category, and that all of these purchases add to the opinion that the brand he is wearing is no longer cool. Just look at how ASAP rocky and Tyler the Creator took out a handful of luxury brands and turned them into shitty trend hoppers. It doesn't help that the brands are also riding the gravy train and giving into these notions that rap stars sell their products, when in my opinion they only cheapen the brand. Rock that panerai with panache Ronnel, it will only open another market segment for another brand to shine!

Edited by Fycus

I still do wear Billabong and still use a Dakine/Supreme/Burton backpack

Billabong wetsuit/boardshorts/rash guard to surf in

Random backpack/duffel to put my stuff in when I hit the beach or slopes

Late just because I BARELY bought a Panerai? I've always worn a Rolex or Audemars Piguet, needed a change.

That is a pretty poor comparison. Ron will instinctively say that he doesn't wear it because plebe simmies have access to those brands, and they are too immature for his tastes. Let's face it, once rappers (hip-hop community, urban, wanna be gangsters, dare i say new-to-money hoodrich folk

read: ethnic people

) have access to these luxuries, they often drop off the face of relevance. Look at Von Dutch, Ed Hardy, Hilfiger, True Religion, etc. Not trying to be racist, but it is what it is. Nobody wants to be associated with trashy people who rock this stuff, so many people move on. What Ron doesn't recognize is that he falls into the category, and that all of these purchases go towards the notion that the brand he is wearing is no longer cool. Just look at how ASAP rocky and Tyler the Creator took out a handful of luxury brands and turned them into shitty trend hoppers. It doesn't help that the brands are also riding the gravy train and giving into these notions that rap stars sell their products, when in my opinion they only cheapen the brand. Rock that panerai with panache Ronnel, it will only open another market segment for another brand to shine!

agree with everything you said except the poor comparison. maybe i wasn't explicit enough.

i was trying to convey that billabong/dakine whatever is 2 ron, as panerai is 2 me.   some people didn't come from money and moved up financially.  ron being in this group.  the sensible ones didn't try to stunt in their "plebe" garb on sites like this one.  

2 me ronnel will most likely always have a plebe simmie whatever mentality.  don't matter how much money he got or make.  i'd still b his friend doe.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

I still do wear Billabong and still use a Dakine/Supreme/Burton backpack

Billabong wetsuit/boardshorts/rash guard to surf in

Random backpack/duffel to put my stuff in when I hit the beach or slopes

Late just because I BARELY bought a Panerai? I've always worn a Rolex or Audemars Piguet, needed a change.

yet you don't post fits with dakine etc.  u stunt in noveau rich garb that black mtv man tell u and many other hype/wealth beasties 2.

pretty sure that if someone like milspex won the lottery and moneyed up he'd still look like late 90's-2000 streatwear and rock a discman.

rolex, ap, panerai.  all the usual suspects.  the models you own/ kopped.  not impressed.  

u want that hood ghetto fab affirmation?  well go get it in the ghetto or whatever club u frequent.  

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Now that I think about it, what the fuck

I'm only 24, was I really supposed to be wearing a Panerai @ 16 years old, 8 years ago?

Man, fuck all this. I'm 24 doing all of this on my own, fuck it. I'm going to do what I want

you see you and alot of people that try to front on fashion sites don't know and are unable to comprehend how this shit works.

nothing you kop-posted, yr fits, yr cars, etc...it just doesn't impress me.  like i said, sometimes good for a laugh.  that's about it.  the fact that you drink yr own koolaide and revel in some sort of self-imposed faux glory was funny, but now it's just sorta annoying.

read: new money ethnic people

) have access to these luxuries, they often drop off the face of relevance. Look at Von Dutch, Ed Hardy, Hilfiger, True Religion, etc. Not trying to be racist, but it is what it is. Nobody wants to be associated with trashy people who rock this stuff, so many people move on. What Ron doesn't recognize is that he falls into the category, and that all of these purchases add to the opinion that the brand he is wearing is no longer cool. Just look at how ASAP rocky and Tyler the Creator took out a handful of luxury brands and turned them into shitty trend hoppers. It doesn't help that the brands are also riding the gravy train and giving into these notions that rap stars sell their products, when in my opinion they only cheapen the brand. Rock that panerai with panache Ronnel, it will only open another market segment for another brand to shine!

wow.

reputation really is everything.

agree with everything you said except the poor comparison. maybe i wasn't explicit enough.

i was trying to convey that billabong/dakine whatever is 2 ron, as panerai is 2 me.

Nah it's a bad comparison. You can't consider yourself beyond something you can't afford. That's like me stuntin about how I'm beyond the look the new Ferrari model when I'm driving an Acura.

Unless you can afford it, but either way you kinda seem like an ass for worrying so much about other people being late to the trendy watch party.

Nah it's a bad comparison. You can't consider yourself beyond something you can't afford. That's like me stuntin about how I'm beyond the look the new Ferrari model when I'm driving an Acura.

Unless you can afford it, but either way you kinda seem like an ass for worrying so much about other people being late to the trendy watch party.

it's not the money. it's the connotations that certain labels conjure. and it's about principle/ethics.    there r jewz who refuse to listen to wagner or kop mb.  there are koreans who won't kop certain jap products.

i'm not worrying.  just havin fun.  i just enjoy scrutinizing/debating w/ guy who feels the need to post his watches and cars in a thread of his very own making.  it's all in good fun.  that is the way this and sites like it work.  

Edited by SSchadenfreude

it's not the money. it's the connotations that certain labels conjure.    

i'm not worried, i just enjoy scrutinizing/debating w/ guy who feels the need to post his watches and cars in a thread of his very own making.  it's all is good fun.  that is the way this and sites like it work.

I suppose I can understand that. I'm not overly familiar with watches to be honest, but I can certainly appreciate the ability to drop over 15k on a nice looking watch, regardless of the "douche-y" label it's given by watch aficionados like that shitty Watch Snob blog.

But yeah I understand lol he's really arrogant to have his own thread like this, but I mean all the hate is just adding fuel to the fire

Now that I think about it, what the fuckI'm only 24, was I really supposed to be wearing a Panerai @ 16 years old, 8 years ago?Man, fuck all this. I'm 24 doing all of this on my own, fuck it. I'm going to do what I want

People aren't blind, they can see you gots stuff and yeah theres haters, theres always gonna be

You just make it fun for them by caring too much, reacting the way you do

tbh i've always liked the general aesthetic of panerai.  just can't wear it cause of the sort of people who do.  being a paneristi just doesn't mean shit anymore.  hip hop and jason statham ruined shit.  frankly besides the die hard paneristi and baller time piece enthusiasts, so many undesirables kop panerai.  pretty obvious what category ronnel falls under.

originally were made for mussolini's commandos sailing mini-submarines...which is pretty fuckin cool. 

problem with ron is that he buys/wears shit for all  the wrong reasons.  always late 2 the party.  just further drives the nail(s) into the coffin(s) of all these brands/labels that once were, but yet are on that doomed road.  the road of ceasing 2 b.

damn that's like some eugenics shit

tuff luv up in this thred for shure

Edited by Just Another XY

you see you and alot of people that try to front on fashion sites don't know and are unable to comprehend how this shit works.

nothing you kop-posted, yr fits, yr cars, etc...it just doesn't impress me.  like i said, sometimes good for a laugh.  that's about it.  the fact that you drink yr own koolaide and revel in some sort of self-imposed faux glory was funny, but now it's just sorta annoying.

SSchadenfreude = was funny, but now just sorta annoying

Now that I think about it, what the fuck

I'm only 24, was I really supposed to be wearing a Panerai @ 16 years old, 8 years ago?

Man, fuck all this. I'm 24 doing all of this on my own, fuck it. I'm going to do what I want

I got my first PAM when I was 24 too - like 9-10 years ago.

Nowadays, I just rock swatch and g shocks.