penny loafers

this thread is dedicated to penny loafers-- something that isn't traditionally "sufu approved" but here goes...

i'm looking for a pair of classic, elegant penny loafers

something youthful, without "old trad dude" connotations

something in a luxe cordovan or suede would be nice...

are there any names beyond the usual american/british suspects? lesser known shoemakers?

I have two pairs of penny loafers that I really like, one from Prada and one from Burberry Prorsum. Not exactly "traditional" but still dressy and look great with slim cropped trousers. Both have a thick sole and are very comfortable.

prada-blue-spazzolato-bi-color-penny-loafer-product-1-3928314-498045599_large_flex.jpeg

Screen%2Bshot%2B2012-03-26%2Bat%2B7.31.34%2BAM.png

Also really like the Saint Laurent loafers:

315385_AO900_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-classic-penny-loafer-in-black-leather-450x564.jpg

315382_AO900_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-classic-tassels-clous-loafer-in-black-leather-450x564.jpg

Edited by jdemotion

this thread is dedicated to penny loafers-- something that isn't traditionally "sufu approved" but here goes...

i'm looking for a pair of classic, elegant penny loafers

something youthful, without "old trad dude" connotations

something in a luxe cordovan or suede would be nice...

are there any names beyond the usual american/british suspects? lesser known shoemakers?

imo classic penny loafers necessarily indicate conservatism with a splash of douche. they're not going to be the thing in your outfit that make you rebellious

if you want to switch it up i'm sure there's mcnairy version; the visvims above are classic with a twist so that might work too.

Something from London-Brown? Tassel loafers, penny loafers, and the suede variety. If they ship outside of Thailand maybe they would be worth a gander.

247242_220513157968369_6281446_n.jpeg

I actually visited the London Brown store today, their stuff seemed very nice, I might go back to inquire how long the wait for a custom brogue would be