Outlier

ordo

Tried so hard to justify keeping the mojave bc I liked the fabric but I ended up returning it bc of the fit. I always end up returning or selling every outlier shirt I buy -- with the exception of the merino t-shirts, their shirts always have a boxy and just shit fit in general. Too short where i could use more length and too long elsewhere.

I find that they're a bit inconsistent and the pivot sleeve can make the bottoms fit a little wonky sometimes.

That said, the prototype merino/organic cotton shirt they put out a couple weeks ago is a fantastic shirt. The material is amazing. I haven't fully put it through it's paces so far, but my Merino/Co's stay in the closet most of the year (SoCal probz), where this one is a perfect weight. I imagine it'll be just fine year round with the exception of random heat waves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Restock on a lot of stuff, there are climbers and dungarees in all sizes and most colors rn.

They have open studio on Fridays and I stopped by last week. Tried on the airspace pullover, and not gonna lie it's a pretty weird piece haha but kind of cool in black. I can imagine it would be really good for a long hike trip

• 6 months later...

This thread is pretty dead :/

So if you want thoughts on Outlier pieces, most of the conversation is now happening on their subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Outlier/

Although it's kind of spammed with sizing questions and FS/WTB threads, so it'd be great to have more sufu heads in there to talk more in-depth about the tech, fabrics, etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you guys know what's the likelihood of a restock in the New Way Longs over the next month or so? I thought they only got a single shipment per year for shorts (and I'll admit I am not the most knowledgeable about Outlier so could very well be wrong anyway), but they re-upped the New Way yesterday so maybe there's hope. Spring was so cold here so I slept on shorts and the there's only black left in size 33.....

Maybe I just don't understand production (and also maybe I'm just a bitter 6'4" dude) but I can't for the life of me understand why they don't just get a few pairs of longs in New Ways and Slim Dungarees every other restock they do on the standard sizing.

Looking to either 1) trade or 2) sell a pair of black Climbers in size 32 in great condition (only the slightest pilling on the seat) for the same pants except in size 30.

These 32's are waaay too large for me, surprisingly.

Sucks that Outlier discontinued these pants and made the rather bland new OG Leans.

• 3 months later...

Ok so I've ordered a few items from Outlier. I got the slim dungarees in black and new way shorts in dark navy, both were fine. I ordered a second pair of slim dungarees and a merino co/pivot and BOTH have excessive loose threads pretty much everywhere? What's up with that? I ended up returning both the shirt and the slim dungarees because ~200 items shouldn't be having these issues.

outlier's qc generally leaves some to be desired

I had no idea, everything I've read about them has been overwhelmingly positive. Such a bummer since they're probably the most affordable casual techwear vendor.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only experienced QC issues once before. I will say though I've returned several things that didn't work out for me and their customer service is some of the best I've had to deal with.

Yeah, I'll second this, just had to return some pants (due to fit not QC) and my experience with customer services was overwhelmingly postive!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tend to agree, Outlier has started doing weekly releases. Mostly it's just restock but there's always a major release monthly, I feel like the design and finish work doesn't justify the price on the new pieces. Their slim dungarees however are my favorite pant.

i like the dufflefleece. it has an interesting minimalist geometry and looks pretty unique. the bomber is also nice and has a subtle nod to acronym going on. 

i think it's cool they're continuing to experiment, even if it's not all for me. i'd be curious to see if their construction has improved along with the rising price point. 

• 3 months later...

FS, worldwide shipping from Europe -- pm me if interested
- Doublefine Merino Hoodie medium Darkspace
- Workcloth Longcrops 33 Black
- Strongworks 33 Bluegray
- S120 No Pocket Pivot medium Navy
- Slim Dungarees 33 Blood Burgundy
- Slim Dungarees 33 Darkindigo
- Merino-co Pivot medium Iron Stone
- Merino-co Pivot medium Sky Blue
- Merino-co Pivot medium Navy Sky
- Liberated Wool Peacoat medium Charcoal Grey
- Supermarine Summer Storm Cap large Black

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

heads up: outlier has reissued the original climbers 

they're a great pair of pants, they look a little like baseball pants, but they're stretchy as hell while being wearable in almost all situations. i wore mine down to nubs after about 5 straight years of multiple times a week use.

Edited by capnpyro