Outlier

ordo

What about lint / pet hairs on the 60/30 fabric? I prefer OG over the workcloth of the dungarees because I don't have to roll it everytime I leave the house (2 cats). Haven't tried the 60/30 but on the pictures it looks like it'd catch lint like crazy, it's the main reason stopping me from trying the chinos.

Interested in the Ultrahigh Duffle that just dropped. I'd be curious to know how this ultrahigh nonwoven composite compares to the cuben fiber used in SDR's D3 Traveller. I like the multiple configuration options that the Outlier offering provides and, in terms of cost, it's certainly more attractive at ~1/2 the price of the SDR duffle. 

200-outlier-ultrahighduffle-12-2_1_1.jpg

Outlier Doublefine Merino Hoodie

Color: black, its deep and beautiful, and the "dark space" inner isn't ever noticeable (but would it be so hard to just do black/black???)

Sizing: Size Large. I normally take a M in american brands (IE J Crew and NIKE, and an XL in japanese brands like VISVIM) this fits nice and trim in the body and arms. one thing i must say is the arms are a tad short for my liking, and the lack of elasticity does not assist with the prevention of them riding far up my wrist, especially when driving. The hood is damn near perfect, but just a little large, when i wear it the whole way up it gives off an "assassins creed" vibe. The back length is great, and I'm very glad its not ribbed at the bottom.

Fabric: the double fine merino is fantastic, its much more warm than it seems, as it feels pretty thin, i would like a more beefy version later on, but this is fine as a bottom layer under the M Back shell, or on a warmer day just this over a tee. odor resistance is on point, as I've worn this thing almost non stop since acquiring it.

negative thing though, i don't pamper my clothes at all, so this just gets thrown in the wash and then dryer, and maybe its the dryer, but the entire thing is pilling. not just under the armpits, or on the shoulders, THE ENTIRE HOODIE is covered in tiny little fluff balls. also this is a magnet for pet hair, dust, anything, i have to use a lint roller at least 4 times a day.

all in all i plan on buying another one later on, maybe in a grey color way. at $275, its pretty steep for a hoodie, but worth it.

ill get some fit pics and measurements up tomorrow if i have a chance.

Edited: price, yeah you're right, fuck. Did I really spend almost $300 on a hoodie? Hahaha

Edited by akuma no uta

Isn't it $275, not $225?

Thanks for this review - makes me feel more certain in my decision to return the one I got, attractive though it was in many ways. The sleeves were definitely a little short, and dropped right down my arms if I raised them (though the weight meant that they fell back down again when I lowered them). For me it was also actually a little too warm, I think I need something thinner for my use case.

What about lint / pet hairs on the 60/30 fabric? I prefer OG over the workcloth of the dungarees because I don't have to roll it everytime I leave the house (2 cats). Haven't tried the 60/30 but on the pictures it looks like it'd catch lint like crazy, it's the main reason stopping me from trying the chinos.

Cats are the enemy of Outlier pants. Their claws snag schoeller so easily. I don't allow my cat on me when I'm wearing it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone get the new stuff released out today? There's a Supermarine Soft Core Jacket on eBay; someone buy it so I'm not tempted to get it for pairing with the Outlier Hood  :blush: 

How Abe Burmeister And Tyler Clemens Have Built Outlier Into A 21st Century Clothing Company.

By Chris Gayomali for Fast Company

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are pretty good at staying the same, actually - I'm really impressed with the quality of the fabric. I got a Large when I perhaps should have ordered a Medium and have been experimenting putting it in the dryer in the wash to shrink it a bit. That has even been a bit difficult to do (although I admit I am apprehensive about leaving in there for long). For reference, I usually wash on normal or delicate and hang dry.

Hoping for a restock of colours, and that they'll bring the Sage Green back. 

• 1 month later...

anyone have the mojave pivot shirt? how cool is it in hot weather? the description does a good job hyping it up but its still like 90% cotton, I can't imagine it's really that much cooler than a regular cotton shirt 

Edited by Ecotrons

Tried so hard to justify keeping the mojave bc I liked the fabric but I ended up returning it bc of the fit. I always end up returning or selling every outlier shirt I buy -- with the exception of the merino t-shirts, their shirts always have a boxy and just shit fit in general. Too short where i could use more length and too long elsewhere.

Kind of corny but after picking up 2 Merino Pivots at the 2nds sale I've got to say - I feel more "satisfied" with Outlier than with any other brand I cop regularly.  I love me some obscure Japanese shit from back home or whatever but w Outlier I feel like I'm getting exactly the goods that I'm paying for without paying for the brand or exclusivity etc. 

Shit is expensive but unlike branded stuff its literally expensive because its expensive - not because someones been paying someone else to write articles about how legit it is on hypebeast or because they gotta cover the salaries of a 10 person marketing team who have spent the last 15 years making sure everyone has heard how underground they are (no hate -just saying).

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have the mojave pivot shirt? how cool is it in hot weather? the description does a good job hyping it up but its still like 90% cotton, I can't imagine it's really that much cooler than a regular cotton shirt 

I have it and it is much cooler than a regular cotton shirt.  It's leagues better than merino wool for hot and humid weather as well.  I visited NY with my merino tees in >90 degree weather + humidity and I was ok but still hot and sticky.  I visited the open studio and tried on a Mojave and it was way better than my merino tee...so good that I bought it on the spot and the rest of my stay in NY was much more comfortable.