Outlier

ordo

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I'd love a restock of the old-style Softcore Wool Vest, with the rear slant-pocket. That thing is such a classic, have been wearing mine for years. One of my favorite garments, hands-down.

To be honest, I'd love a restock of the old-style Softcore Wool Vest, with the rear slant-pocket. That thing is such a classic, have been wearing mine for years. One of my favorite garments, hands-down.

If you fit a Large I think someone is selling one of those in the market forum.

I'd just like to mention that I would be thrilled to see Outlier experiment more with colour and texture. Their designs are getting more technical and interesting but their palette is mired in chambray and uninspiring solid tones.

Airspace pullovers are p interesting: http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/airspace-transparent-pullover.html?utm_source=Outlier+Tailored+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=02d82be141-The_Airspace_Pullovers11_10_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_72ea599fc4-02d82be141-390408693

Also those product shots with the smoke are great.

I like that they continue to try new things instead of just resting on laurels and churning out the same stuff.

^^ yeah I saw that. I meant the super marine soft core jacket. Hope the next one has a hood

I want a soft core rain shirt (no hood) not a jacket. It will probably an insulated supermarine shell or some variant of that. Either way I wish it was released today so we'd know for sure. It's snowing already and I can't wait any longer to sort out my winter wardrobe

I would have to say now handling the new m-back fabric that I think it's a big step down from the wool-back they used in previous seasons. It's way thin and nowhere near as warm. I work in a freezer that's -5f so warmth and movement are both of the upmost importance.

Agreed! My old woolback felt like a combo of OGs and the wool sweatpants while the new mbacks feel like ultralight pants lined with merino. The mback is a little more comfortable in warmer indoors but that wasn't a big issue with woolbacks anyway. I only have to endure -5f for one or two days during the winter and wearing long johns may suffice. However my biggest complaint about the mbacks (like the old joke*) is that it's sold out so I can't exchange my pair for another size  :blush:

*Woody AllenThere's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about...

If you fit a Large I think someone is selling one of those in the market forum.

I'd just like to mention that I would be thrilled to see Outlier experiment more with colour and texture. Their designs are getting more technical and interesting but their palette is mired in chambray and uninspiring solid tones.

Of course I post this right before those airspace tops drop. I like the Outlier as tech wear angle much more than the Outlier as trad styled clothing with tech fabrics. The latter holds them back from experimenting more, which I think is one of the best values of their atypical production cycle.

talking about the merino pullover.. mine had the triangle on the neck crooked to one side, with the lower vertex about 1-2 centimeters off-center. Contacted outlier and they told me to take it to a local tailor to reposition it and they would cover the cost.  Since I've never been too fond of that triangle I decided to take it off completely. I just did it myself really carefully with a seam ripper and scissors, there's no trace at all of it, like it was never there. If someone doesn't like that triangle.. just know that it's not hard to remove and it won't leave a mark. 

It's very nice, layers perfectly over a merino hoodie. Right now the weather here is very up and down, so my current layering system is: merino hoodie, soft core wool vest, and then if under 32f I through the m back over top. All fits together well, all size L

Although, as I mentioned before, the m-back fabric is not as nice as the old wool-back fabric they used.

Edited by akuma no uta