Outlier

ordo

If I'm looking for something that I can bike in every day (in the rain too) are the OG's probably my best bet? Climbers look cool but I'm worried they would be too slim for me. I've got pretty large legs

Pretty much everything is bike friendly. OGs are the toughest to pull off casually, though. If you have the time, order one pair and try them on, then send them back and order the next pair to try on. They offer free returns so you can make sure you get the one you like best. Or if you have the money laying around, just order both and send back the one you don't like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I've bought 3 pairs of Climbers in size 28.  They instantly became my favourite pants.  I have them in new slate, olive drab and desert tan.  I'll buy them in black, once they restock the size 28.  

I'm also thinking about buying the Slim Dungarees, but I feel like they'll be too baggy for my tastes.  Also, Outlier's sizing scheme is still confusing to all hell.  They say that their Future Work pants are slimmer in the tight and the leg opening than their Slim Dungarees, but you can clearly see that the Future Works are baggy.  Anyways, I'm still deciding on wether or not I want to buy a pair of the Slim Dungarees and the 60/30 chinos.  

Oh, and one more thing.  Has anyone here tried on the 60/30 blazer?  I think it looks like it would make a great casual piece.  I imagine you could wear it like any thick knit cardigan.  If their sizing guide is at all accurate, it looks like the 34 XS will fit me well.  

New products:

fugly-est vest they have ever put out: http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/strong-vest.html

airforged oxford in new colors, the new ones are a bit dull: http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/air-forged-oxford.html

60/30 chinos, nicest colour (green) sold out in minutes: http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/chino.html

And they also announced the hoodie restock.

About the hoodie.. I received one today, got the deep grey and it has a very intense blue tint, was expecting something more gray even if the pictures at the site are pretty accurate. Would have prefered that they released the gray that Lars is wearing in the pics again.

A pic I snapped in the car, the pants are the top are indigo dungarees, then the deep gray hoodie and the bottom is the navy freeshell, Everything it looks "bluer" in real life.

Apart from that.. awesome fabric, super soft and exact same cut as the freeshell so pretty comfortable. It's pretty warm too.

lshLdrY.jpg

Edited by deadsunrise

Has anyone purpose shrunk merino? I have a L Outlier t-shirt that's just a little big (and it's to late to return). I was thinking of drying it on warm in 5 or ten minute increments to achieve the desired effect. Perhaps it doesn't work like that, and shrinks unevenly?

Also, I wish the 60/30s had a gusset. I wish all pants had a gusset.

Has anyone purpose shrunk merino? I have a L Outlier t-shirt that's just a little big (and it's to late to return). I was thinking of drying it on warm in 5 or ten minute increments to achieve the desired effect. Perhaps it doesn't work like that, and shrinks unevenly?

I tried. It shrunk maybe 1/4 a size all over (pretty evenly) if I had to guess.

There is really no point to having a gusset in 60/30's. They're for range of motion and the 4-way stretch gives you more than you'll ever need.

They need to bring back the air forged vest

I hated it when they released it, but ended up coming around on it looks wise and picked one up second hand. It's awesome. The only vest I've ever liked that I've owned.

Edited by brooks_

I tried too, some of the Small tees I have are huge but they didn't shrink. Maybe they did a tiny bit but not really noticeable.

I tried. It shrunk maybe 1/4 a size all over (pretty evenly) if I had to guess.

There is really no point to having a gusset in 60/30's. They're for range of motion and the 4-way stretch gives you more than you'll ever need.

Thanks. Even a little slimmer would work. I do like the thickness of merino they use, compared to say, Veilance, which feels and looks really nice but seems a bit fragile. Perhaps I'm underestimating the stretch on the 60/30s? Gussets also take the seam bulk away from your crotch when biking, which I appreciate.

Pretty much everything is bike friendly. OGs are the toughest to pull off casually, though. If you have the time, order one pair and try them on, then send them back and order the next pair to try on. They offer free returns so you can make sure you get the one you like best. Or if you have the money laying around, just order both and send back the one you don't like.

I was hoping to get a pair second hand but I'll probably just end up buying a new pair and doing this.

Generally which pairs are the least slim?  It sounds like from wrong guy's post future works are what I want to look into

I was hoping to get a pair second hand but I'll probably just end up buying a new pair and doing this.

Generally which pairs are the least slim?  It sounds like from wrong guy's post future works are what I want to look into

Probably so. Futureworks, OGs, and Ultralights are all pretty roomy, and the Futureworks are the most casual of the three.

i need that air forged oxford and merino hoodie in earthstone / shademaroon medium, the ones that have sold out!!!

anywhere i can buy other than outlier?

stalk the weekly restock report today at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Outlier

I'm 100% sure that both will appear this or next week

Edited by deadsunrise

Got my air forged oxfords today. I'll post a fit later, but first impressions:

- material can actually pass for cotton oxford at conversation distance. It has a slinky hand though and doesn't quite drape like a nice cotton oxford. Drape in general is an issue with outlier's synthetics and something to work on imho.

-lightning grey is a really nice light grey that will go with almost anything. Storm grey is a slightly purpleish medium grey that might not be to everyone's taste.

- fit is tts (im 6' / sz 38 and got a medium) not tight but not baggy either, just a nice fit

-collar is nice, stands up well and seems nicely structured, definitely a plus

-stitching is pretty crappy in places with thread jumping between weird spots, the top button doesn't line up quite right, wavy stitching at the hem, and some of the folds/pleats and fabric ends are not finished that well. It looks like the seamstresses had difficulties working with the fabric 's properties. If you ask me outlier just needs to drop the "made in ny" thing and move production to a place that understands performance clothing construction.

- fabric is crazy water repellant and very lightweight and breathable

- at the price point these are nice oxfords with noticable performance advantages and a nice modern cut, but like with their pants, they're underwhelming compared to veilance stuff. With the bird i can spend 800 bucks and still feel like i'm getting way more than my money's worth, whereas outlier just gets the job done for a fair price.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

restocked the air forged, they have 11 left in medium earthshadow. Get it fast.

Got the re stock email and grabbed one straight away and my dark navy one just showed up at work!

I have to agree with Ink on the stitching, all over the shop in places! I really like the material though and it feels like it will be great in summer.

Edited by sp@rks

Loose threads is one thing, but wavy stitching, bunching fabric, jumping threads, and sloppily finished edges are a sign you need to take your production elsewhere. I have uniqlo shirts with better stitching. 

The air forged fabric is really interesting though. I think they could probably make it a bit thicker so it drapes more like regular oxford fabric, without sacrificing the fabric's breathability. Which is very, very good.