Outlier

ordo

Outlier FAQ: I don't understand the waist sizing and technical waistband, can you explain it?

The most important thing to know about our pants sizing is that you probably should buy the size you normally buy. If you usually buy size 30 pants, you probably are a size 30 in our sizing.

If you want a more detailed explanation here it is: You might notice that the waist band actually measures 2 inches more than the named size. This is an industry standard, most pants sold as size 30 waist actually have a waistband that measures 32" and sometimes it'll even measure as much as 34". There are a few reasons for this. For one, no one actually wears pants at their actual waist anymore, so if you measure 30" at your real waist you will likely measure around 32" where you wear your pants. It's also a vanity thing, as men in the US got bigger clothes started getting bigger, mediums are bigger than they used to be and so are size 30s. We tried fighting it for a second but it was too confusing, so we rolled with the standard, but we also felt the need to be honest on our sizing, so there it is above.

Thanks. I know this part, I'm just wondering where they measure their thigh-meausures! BTW does anyone have actual measurement of a sz. 33 Slim Dungarees?

Just got my OG freeshell and wore to work today. It's Great!

Cuff design is fine, nor keys or cellphone or anything came out with it.

Much better than that big velcro cuff on the Nyco Freeshell.

And softer hood, smaller zip, and lighter weight.

Oh, this OG freeshell is rather small as a stand-along jacket, i wonder merino hoodie could fit in.

Edited by Taton

I got mine today, just tried it for a minute but it's really small on the waist. Maybe a have a big ass but it feels fucking small and difficult to get the double zipper closed.  I have to lose 10lb so I'll keep it for now but I don't think I can wear it with anything more than a tshirt.

The cuff design doesn't have anything else to be seen so pics won't be too useful. You just pull from one side to tighten, the other to losen it a bit. Looks like it works fine..

Does it fit you well on the bottom part Taton?

I like the iphone pocket on the inside.

Edited by deadsunrise

Got my first Outlier piece today! Got the Slim Dungarees. Wanted the Keirins, but they're all out in my size. The slim dungarees fit fine, but I have plenty of room in the waist, and they're pretty slim in the rest of the leg. Couldn't be any slimmer. But I'm pleased so far!

In case anyone missed it, Outlier started their own subreddit, www.reddit.com/r/outlier

Abe, Tyler and some of the rest of the staff seem like they're going to be pretty active on it - so a good opportunity to get some direct feedback to and from them.

Hey Guys,

I just got a Merino Hoody from Outlier and after trying it on, it is incredibly itchy. The merino is no where near as smooth as their T-Shirts. I know their t-shirts has much finer fabric, but does anyone else who bought the hoody have this issue? Would it get better with a wash? Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I just got a Merino Hoody from Outlier and after trying it on, it is incredibly itchy. The merino is no where near as smooth as their T-Shirts. I know their t-shirts has much finer fabric, but does anyone else who bought the hoody have this issue? Would it get better with a wash? Thanks!

I have an older version and not the one they recently released, and I find it to be one of the most comfortable things I own.  I haven't ever been itchy in it.  Not sure if they changed anything with the current version if it's uncomfortable for you.  I'd reach out to Outlier and ask, as they are really responsive and helpful.

http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/futureworks.html

First completely new pants release in a while, I think.

bought these.  the material is much thinner than the nyco slims.  almost as thin as slacks. they fall "better" than the climbers.  for me, the climbers had too much stretch.  maybe too new age for me.  i could never find a shoe that i thought went well with them (maybe cause i dont know own white common projects.)

i also own 3 way shorts, which i love.. these run smaller in the waist than the nyco slims/3 way shorts as per their description but not enough for me to go a size up.

Anyone have any experience getting the Slim Dungarees hemmed? The inseam is a tad bit long and for now I just roll them up, but rolling them wrinkles the fabric weirdly and I don't think it was designed to handle cuffing very well. There aren't many reputable tailors around where I live currently so I'm a little wary of taking such a different fabric to them..

Anyone have any experience getting the Slim Dungarees hemmed? The inseam is a tad bit long and for now I just roll them up, but rolling them wrinkles the fabric weirdly and I don't think it was designed to handle cuffing very well. There aren't many reputable tailors around where I live currently so I'm a little wary of taking such a different fabric to them..

We have a blind hem machine at work that I've learned to use and hems truly aren't that big a deal at all. With practice you can hem a pair of pants in 15 minutes max. And even with a technical fabric it's a simple matter of depth and tension on the thread. I'll second Nebulae in that I think they cuff beautifully but if you go to a tailor just ask them if they do original jean hems (at least that's the terminology we use around the shop) if you want to maintain the visible stitch at the base of the pant leg.

I can actually bring my slim dungarees to work on Saturday and ask our tailor if there would be any reason he couldn't cuff a pair of pants in that fabric. I'm nearly certain I'm right on this but I'll check in and check back when I know for sure.

I am really bummed to hear that they Kerin cut dungarees are discontinued. I was like a day away from pulling the trigger. Any idea how they compare the slim version. I don't want my full thighs and giant calf's to look like sausages. 

You may want to just try the slim dungarees. I put them off for so long because I can't even get my calves through a pair of Levis 511s, but whether it's the stretch or just the cut, the slim dungarees fit me just fine in the same size as the 511s I tried on.