Outlier

ordo

I hate blaming other people, but this one really is someone else fault, we ordered black merino fabric and the mill refused to ship it because it failed their internal quality standards. Annoying but at the same time there is a reason why their merinos are better than rest, good things take a long time to get right. We see black tees as a core product so we're trying to get to a point where we can always have them in stock.

I asked about the caps a few weeks ago and was informed that they have no plans to make new ones.

I really hope they're making new (OG Cap? ;-)) and more caps...

There is no equivalent of their classic cycling cap in wool, and I hope they see it as a core product

So does anybody who owns supermarines want to tell us about those insoles they're selling?

203-outlier-buffaloinsoles-wotop.jpg

Of course they'd be an "upgrade" to whatever shoe but if they're not really that great I'd probably just rather stand in my beaten-to-shit insoles and save $48.

Edited by Nebulae

I've had a pair of Supermarines for about 8 months and have worn them hard, including a couple weeks in the winter when I pretty much had them on everyday. The Feit insoles are comfortable and are still going strong.

However it's summer now so I want to wear shoes without socks. I'm actually considering switching the Feit leather insoles to some other merino topped ones e.g.

vIyr9wv.jpg

Does anyone have the ultralight trousers?

How do they compare to normal suit pants regarding look & feel? For example: do they have that shimmer over them which makes them look like yoga pants while stretching in them? Thanks for the feedback in advance.

I just got a pair of Outlier x Feit. They seem like quality, but absolutely need to be broken in before them are comfortable. So for that reason I would not buy them and throw them in some old pair of shoes. 

Sue - Can you post some pics of your Outlier x Feit shoes? I would love to see how they have held up.

Sue - Can you post some pics of your Outlier x Feit shoes? I would love to see how they have held up.

Already did ;) :

Here's mine:     

kYaw77s.jpg

Owned since last year and saw the peeling after only a week or two. I've worn it often and have no buyer's remorse (looking for another pair in Olive actually) although it's clearly a design flaw.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a charcoal pair of the latest version of three way longs. I have another pair in the same size in black. The new ones are much tighter fitting and are very close to the color of my black ones. Gonna return them as I'm not in favor of the fit nor the color -- it's nothing like the grey color of past iterations, much darker. If you're tall and frail these are for you.

Got a charcoal pair of the latest version of three way longs. I have another pair in the same size in black. The new ones are much tighter fitting and are very close to the color of my black ones. Gonna return them as I'm not in favor of the fit nor the color -- it's nothing like the grey color of past iterations, much darker. If you're tall and frail these are for you.

Would you take a quick comparison pic of the black, charcoal, and grey (if you have any at hand)? I've got my my hopes up that Outlier will put out charcoal OGs and Blazers this fall...

Just wanted to say the same thing, these fit way smaller than their listed measurements. I told them this and showed pics with my measuring tape and they claimed they use a different way to measure their shorts? Whatever, gonna be returning them, not sure if I wanna bother with another pair.

Edited by pattyc

Any word on a OG restock in the near future?  I'd love a pair in the concrete color.

I asked on Twitter in May about a restock and they said 'in the next few months'. I asked about slate grey, but I'd assume they would re-up the concrete as well.

Would you take a quick comparison pic of the black, charcoal, and grey (if you have any at hand)? I've got my my hopes up that Outlier will put out charcoal OGs and Blazers this fall...

photo_5.jpg

From left to right: Older iteration of Three Way Longs in Black, Newest iteration of Three Way Longs in Charcoal, Older iteration of Three Ways in Grey.

In person, the first two are more alike in color even though the photo suggests that the first and third are similar in color (they are not). The picture makes it seem like there is more of a difference between the black and charcoal than there really is IRL. I prefer the shade of grey of the shorts on the far right personally.

• 2 weeks later...

^still on the fence.  

these are only going to be $90, per HB.  

the clarks ventiles are nice, just not sure how they would look over time, as there isn't very much structure to the shoe at all, and with the lighter weight fabric, seems like it could go all wrinkly and weird.  

i actually think the outliers look great for what they are and seem like they would take more of a beating.  (particularly at $90).