Outlier

ordo

"Was talking to a rep from Outlier regarding a recent order last week. I mentioned something about them doing a Nyco Blazer. She said they were actually going to be expanding the Nyco Slim offerings before anything else. She said in the coming months, they'd be releasing a whole new range of colors for the Nycos. Thought you guys might want to know."

From StyleForum

that's not the manufacturer, but yeah the fabric we use is a military fabric and it's available in green for the army and blue for the air force. We've looked into doing custom colors and it might happen one day, but the minimums are crazy. With the amount of yards we'd need to do just one custom color Schoeller would let us do 25 custom colors, so it's not something we are looking to move into quickly... 

Quick everyone- outlier reads this thread- time to spam suggestions!Take out the thigh gussets to the nycos, I think theyre kinda pointless and the fit could be done in a standard two piece leg. Also, taper the hem a tiny bit more and fix the back pockets they are atrocious. 

Yep, every single one of my pieces has had stitching issues within a month or two. 

Lots of my pieces show up with a loose thread or two, but that is really it. What kind of issues are you seeing?

Edited by caid

Quick everyone- outlier reads this thread- time to spam suggestions!Take out the thigh gussets to the nycos, I think theyre kinda pointless and the fit could be done in a standard two piece leg. Also, taper the hem a tiny bit more and fix the back pockets they are atrocious. 

what's so bad about the back pockets? I've only seen them in photos, and they look fine. is there something I'm missing?

also just got three-way shorts. every time I finish a glass of water I splash the last few drops on the shorts and watch that shit bead.

The pocketbags for the back pockets go inwards, so if you have a phone or a wallet in your back pocket it slides to your asscrack while you're walking. I've never had this happen on any other pair of pants so I know its something uniquely bad about the pocket design. 

I could never find any comparisons online so here are my Slim Dungarees next to my Levi's 511 commuters. I've seen people earlier in the thread comparing the dungarees to 510s, so here is a better reference for online shoppers. I find the slim dungarees fit more like a N&F weird guy (don't have any to show comparisons right now though).

Disappointed with how slim they are(n't), but I couldn't order anything smaller and the waist fits exactly as I expected it to.

6'0", 175lb, 33 waist on both.

511s:

v7otzNc.jpg

fSSUG3d.jpg

Dungarees:

CEgzzOG.jpg

qYXBNln.jpg

I just got an email from them stating, "It doesn't look like we have plans to remake the Supermarines at this time, but keep in touch through our mailing list (outlier.cc/mailinglist) for all our new releases, news, and events going on." Smh. Dammit

Edited by Flipflop214

so i'm trying to figure out the right cut to get and its a pain in the ass between my size selling out fast and not having a local place to at least try on a pair. i know for a fact the SD and probably the climbers won't really fit me. i'm a biker, about 6'1" 185 my biggest issue is the calves. mine are about 17.5" around and i've had to return other pants because they get stuck. i'm thinking i need the look a the keirin cut, but i like my clothing to be a little more fitted and not baggy. the pictures have me unsure.

so i'm trying to figure out the right cut to get and its a pain in the ass between my size selling out fast and not having a local place to at least try on a pair. i know for a fact the SD and probably the climbers won't really fit me. i'm a biker, about 6'1" 185 my biggest issue is the calves. mine are about 17.5" around and i've had to return other pants because they get stuck. i'm thinking i need the look a the keirin cut, but i like my clothing to be a little more fitted and not baggy. the pictures have me unsure.

youre going to probably have to get the keirins...or maybe size up on the climbers.

Were about the same size...im 6'1 175 (cyclist) and the Slim Cuts were way too tight in the thighs for me.  I have the Keirins now and they fit well.

I'm 6'4, 195 with gigantic calves, so we're probably around the same proportions. I went with a sized down (34 -> 33) Keirin cut and love the fit. They still get stuck on my calves a bit when I get sit down then stand up but they don't look baggy at all. 

Edited by brooks_