Outlier

ordo

Maybe according to their measurements, but owning both in the same size, I can assure you the SD's are much slimmer when actually being worn.

Also because of the stretch the "slimness" of the climbers can be a little exaggerated. For example, I can get into a size 31 climbers, but can't even attempt to put on 31 SDs or even a 32 for that matter.

Can you guys sort of elaborate further on this?

I recently got a pair of Slim Dungarees in size 30. While the waist fit perfectly, my thighs and legs were pretty tight. I then decided to order a pair of Keirin Cuts in size 30 as well. In contrast to the SDs, the waist was too loose, as well as the rest of the pants. Frustrated, I have a pair of 28 Keirin cuts on the way just to try out since they're out of 29s for now. 

Do you guys suggest that I try out Climbers as well? Looking at the measurements, they are slimmer than the SDs, which worries me.

I have Climbers and SD's both in 28. The SD's are definitely a 1/2" or so smaller in the waist and fit more like a skinny pant while the climbers are just slim, regardless of what the measurements say. It may have to do with the super-stretchiness of the climber fabric, but they just don't fit as slim as the measurements might imply.

For reference:

Climbers:

IMG_9722copy.jpg

Slim Dungarees:

sbdrP.jpg

I like my climbers more than the SD's because I prefer the 4-way fabric, but that's a personal preference. The styling between the two is different as well so that's up to you.

Just to make things more confusing: I think the waist measurements on the site are off.  I originally got Keirins in 30 and 31 and could barely fit two fingers in between my stomach and the waistband on 31s and yet found the fit billowy and unflattering.  Extra fabric around the hips out made me look like I was wearing English riding pants and overall they fit like drop crotch dad jeans.  I swapped those out for a 31 in SD and the wait is far, far looser.  Without a belt on i can fit my closed fist - lenthwise- in between the band and my stomach.  At the same time, with a belt they look perfect! They fit much looser in the leg  than my APC NS in a 29 waist but still very slim, great range of movement, no billowing, and no fabric bunching despite the cinched belt.  I hate super skinny or carrot pants and I consider these a perfect slim cut while Keirins seemed to fit like they were cut "husky".  For those on the fence you should absolutely get a range of sizes and cuts and see how they work on you.  I'm an athletic 172cm and 70 kilos for the record (5'7, 155 pounds).

Pro's:

Fantastic pants, don't get dirty, never seem to need to be washed, only slightly water resistant but dry incredibly fast and great in hot weather, great for travel but look good with just about any level of dress.  As far as comfort and practicality, I now think of my APC and PBJ jeans as latex bondagewear and armored leggings respectively.

Cons:

The inside fabric really needs to be the same color as the outside - when you roll them you get a black/blue contrast which never looks good.  Also, as others have mentioned, the  button is way to tall for such thin fabric. These are only minor complaints - my only real criticism is the price.  I understand both sides of the argument but it is impossible to justify the cost to a civilian.  My gf looked at me like I was retarded when she heard how much they cost and my friends immediately loose interest when they see the price on the site. I suppose sales are going strong so who cares though. 

Thanks you guys! If the sized down Keirins won't work out for me, I'll buy some Climbers in various sizes.

Climber and Kerlin cuts are very different in measurements. I think the guys above me have had them from past seasons. If anyone has noticed their waist sizing has changed this season pretty drastically.

I am a 30.5 waist measured

I wear 29 in SDs and a 31 in climbers from this season.

28 in three ways shorts from last season, and now a 30 this season. 

30 OGs from 2 seasons ago that are huge compared to my correct size of 29 new OGs from this season. 

Use there return service to full extent, I am at 5 returns in the past 2 months, and finally found that climbers in 31 are the best pair for me.

Sooooo...what the hell happened to Outlier's site? Bunch of photos were removed by legal request. I guess there must have been a falling out with at least one of the photographers they use.

In other news, plan on picking up a pair of the ultralight summer trousers for work and a short sleeve pivot shirt for summer. I am growing tired of looking for alternative shirting that fits me and is made well. I discovered the arms on an Outlier shirt that fits me through the chest (xs) was comically short in the arms by approximately 3 inches or so. Thus, a short sleeve instead.

How has the full suit been looking? I remember seeing that we had a few takers in this thread, yes?

Sooooo...what the hell happened to Outlier's site? Bunch of photos were removed by legal request. I guess there must have been a falling out with at least one of the photographers they use.

In other news, plan on picking up a pair of the ultralight summer trousers for work and a short sleeve pivot shirt for summer. I am growing tired of looking for alternative shirting that fits me and is made well. I discovered the arms on an Outlier shirt that fits me through the chest (xs) was comically short in the arms by approximately 3 inches or so. Thus, a short sleeve instead.

How has the full suit been looking? I remember seeing that we had a few takers in this thread, yes?

Posted on twitter they were shooting new photos.

Climber and Kerlin cuts are very different in measurements. I think the guys above me have had them from past seasons. If anyone has noticed their waist sizing has changed this season pretty drastically.

I am a 30.5 waist measured

I wear 29 in SDs and a 31 in climbers from this season.

28 in three ways shorts from last season, and now a 30 this season. 

30 OGs from 2 seasons ago that are huge compared to my correct size of 29 new OGs from this season. 

Use there return service to full extent, I am at 5 returns in the past 2 months, and finally found that climbers in 31 are the best pair for me.

Thanks for this info!

I've placed 3 orders within this month alone (I really should have just ordered a bunch of sizes and did 1 order). So far sent 1 back, which is my TTS Keirin cut (30). Got my sized down order of Keirins today (28). The thighs feel good, but I feel that the leg opening is still too wide. Still on the fence about this pair though.

I really like my SDs in 30, but maybe I'm not used to the slimness yet. I'll probably order some SDs in 31 when they restock. 

Still got my Climbers in 31 coming in tomorrow.

Anyone have any input on which Outlier pant fits most like Dockers Alpha Khakis or NF Weird Guys? These are my current best fitting pants and I'm looking for something slim and tapered, but I do need more thigh room than something like 511's. I think I'm torn between nycos, climbers, keirins, and 60/30's.

Also anyone have any input on the fit of their anorak? I measure a 40-42 chest but almost always wear a medium. However their medium anorak says it measures as 38, will it be to tight?

Those are 4 pretty different types of pants you're asking about. The Nycos are entry level for Outlier and nothing too technical, probably most similar to the Alphas. Climbers are going to look as slim as the 511's at least, but fit much roomier because of 4-way stretch. 60/30's are like a more technical version of the Nycos, I say. Keirin's have lots of room in the thigh but still have a tapered leg. Just buy them all and throw out the reddit uniform.

Those are 4 pretty different types of pants you're asking about. The Nycos are entry level for Outlier and nothing too technical, probably most similar to the Alphas. Climbers are going to look as slim as the 511's at least, but fit much roomier because of 4-way stretch. 60/30's are like a more technical version of the Nycos, I say. Keirin's have lots of room in the thigh but still have a tapered leg. Just buy them all and throw out the reddit uniform.

Lol yup the reddit uniform indeed, but my CDBs will still work with these right? (hah.) Thanks for the info. I know I'm all over the place with what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll order a few to try them out. I'm still not convinced that I want my pants to be super stretchy. The 60/30s look great in the pics, but I like the idea of the higher durability of the climbers or dungs.

Anyone know if the Schoeller fabric might effect dying? I've been thinking of turning my olive climbers to black, but I wasn't sure how if it'd take and set in properly/permanently.

Most home dyes will not take properly on synthetics, and not at all on dwr coated ones.

I am personally waiting on the release of more merino t shirts! I have a small in black and if I could get a color to wear with black pants (I am not a big fan of the monochrome black look. Pls don't hurt me sufu thugs) then I will be set for casual t-shirts.

Outlier is probably my 2nd favorite clothing brand below Flat Head. There are a lot of companies that make logo free merino tees, swrve would be my first choice under Outlier. If you need them and are only rocking one tee! just buy some other brands s**t

Outlier is probably my 2nd favorite clothing brand below Flat Head. There are a lot of companies that make logo free merino tees, swrve would be my first choice under Outlier. If you need them and are only rocking one tee! just buy some other brands s**t

Hahaha. Fair enough. I've had especially good experiences with outlier's merino quality. I have more than one tee in my wardrobe (lol), but yeah. Thanks for another brand suggestion!

I wish they made grey nyco slims. I'd take black and khaki too.

I like my nycos but I feel like the back pockets are straight retarded, that and the fit could use more taper, but thats a little subjective.