Outlier

ordo

argh outlier stop cutting your blazers so boxy!

i'm 6'3" 185 lbs and wear a 42 long in every blazer that's ever fit, so i went xl... arms/shoulders/chest fit spot on but the torso is wide~

i considered sizing down (their model is 6'1 175 and wears a medium...) but then the arms would be too short and the chest too tight...

had a similar issue with the OG blazer but sized that down 1 but the 4 way stretch on that lends allows for a snugger fit in the chest.

i guess what i'm saying is, ffffff

Edited by Stacks

Would love to grab it also, if it were slate or even black. Navy suits are ;) not so appealing.

said no one ever. until you.

lol. yeah i wouldn't wear a black suit in the summer unless I was at a funeral :\

Charcoal would be my choice

had a similar issue with the OG blazer but sized that down 1 but the 4 way stretch on that lends allows for a snugger fit in the chest.

i guess what i'm saying is, ffffff

The Ultralight blazer is 4 way stretch too and it has practically the same measurements as the OG Blazer.

How comfortable are NYCO slims? Do you think they will be available in grey one day?

I am sure they are nice pants. If you plan on wearing them more then 3+ times a week I would just ditch out the extra cash and get the OGs or 60/30s.

Just a note for those buying 3ways... I bought a 31 and it fit pretty much exactly like my old 30s, e.g. too snug. Gonna exchange unless my pair was mis-tagged or something.

Measured TTS... Size 31 measured 31" straight across.

Nope thats the way they are, my 30 shorts are the same size as my new OGs in 29.

From my experience, I would have to choose the climbers or the OG.

The OG's allow you to get away with using them as a work pant more easily due to their traditional construction. Welt pockets, appropriate to tuck a shirt into,but you also get stretch, durability, water resistance, and breathability.

Climber's have a more distinct look and while they might pass in a business casual environment, that may be a matter of discretion. However, their functionality crushes any other pant I have ever owned. I'd wear mine every day without hesitation.

I own climbers and slim dungarees and I will admit I prefer the feel of the dungaree fabric to the climbers. However, the slim dungaree is exceptionally slim. They are not as loose as I'd like them to be, and I will be trying the Keirin cuts when I purchase my next pair of dungarees.

So that's my advice on that. OGs if you have to support yourself in a business casual environment, otherwise climbers would be my first choice, dungarees in the right fit would be my second pick, then the chinos (I'm biased. I've never enjoyed chinos.), Nycos should be quite long-lasting and suited to colder climates, Ultralight summer trousers inform you in their name that they are not intended for all seasons (unless you live in Southern California?), and finally three way shorts just don't make sense as an all year pant especially in the workplace.

From my experience, I would have to choose the climbers or the OG.

The OG's allow you to get away with using them as a work pant more easily due to their traditional construction. Welt pockets, appropriate to tuck a shirt into,but you also get stretch, durability, water resistance, and breathability.

Climber's have a more distinct look and while they might pass in a business casual environment, that may be a matter of discretion. However, their functionality crushes any other pant I have ever owned. I'd wear mine every day without hesitation.

I own climbers and slim dungarees and I will admit I prefer the feel of the dungaree fabric to the climbers. However, the slim dungaree is exceptionally slim. They are not as loose as I'd like them to be, and I will be trying the Keirin cuts when I purchase my next pair of dungarees.

So that's my advice on that. OGs if you have to support yourself in a business casual environment, otherwise climbers would be my first choice, dungarees in the right fit would be my second pick, then the chinos (I'm biased. I've never enjoyed chinos.), Nycos should be quite long-lasting and suited to colder climates, Ultralight summer trousers inform you in their name that they are not intended for all seasons (unless you live in Southern California?), and finally three way shorts just don't make sense as an all year pant especially in the workplace.

Climers are slimmer then SDs

Thanks for the insight, Northwest. Even though the climbers are slim too, perhaps it's not as noticeable because of the 4way stretch.

I live in AZ so I guess the summerlight trousers are possible. You said you preferred the dungaree feel though. Do they pass as jeans? Or is it definitely a different look but still nice.

Thanks for the insight, Northwest. Even though the climbers are slim too, perhaps it's not as noticeable because of the 4way stretch.

I live in AZ so I guess the summerlight trousers are possible. You said you preferred the dungaree feel though. Do they pass as jeans? Or is it definitely a different look but still nice.

I just picked up the summer trousers and they are brilliant. Dressier than I expected but casual enough.

Perfect for AZ.

From my perspective, they wouldn't be mistaken for jeans due to their solid coloration rather than the speckles and fading that result from dying cotton with indigo. The good news on that front is that they hold their color. Anyone who has ever owned a pair of black jeans has probably come across noticeable fading over time. The color on my dungarees is still black as it can be.

The feel of the Outlier workweave fabric is also quite interesting as a tactile experience. I'd say it's closest cousin in handfeel may be hemp, and if you pinch it in between your fingers it generates a surprisingly high resistance friction coefficient. This has never affected me while wearing them of course, it's just an odd observation I've made from wearing them over and over again.

My fits these day are composed of alternating my climbers and dungarees, to be honest. I can't stand jeans after Outlier, and I don't see why I should buy chinos the same or similar price to Outlier's without the additional range of movement and water resistance (see wings + horns, dana lee, etc.) and so I plan on purchasing more Outlier for this summer and onwards.

From my perspective, they wouldn't be mistaken for jeans due to their solid coloration rather than the speckles and fading that result from dying cotton with indigo. The good news on that front is that they hold their color. Anyone who has ever owned a pair of black jeans has probably come across noticeable fading over time. The color on my dungarees is still black as it can be.

The feel of the Outlier workweave fabric is also quite interesting as a tactile experience. I'd say it's closest cousin in handfeel may be hemp, and if you pinch it in between your fingers it generates a surprisingly high resistance friction coefficient. This has never affected me while wearing them of course, it's just an odd observation I've made from wearing them over and over again.

My fits these day are composed of alternating my climbers and dungarees, to be honest. I can't stand jeans after Outlier, and I don't see why I should buy chinos the same or similar price to Outlier's without the additional range of movement and water resistance (see wings + horns, dana lee, etc.) and so I plan on purchasing more Outlier for this summer and onwards.

Cool, I ordered the slim dungarees, keirans, summerlights, and threeways. Hopefully one of those pants will fit right.

Edited by Epik

Versatility is a function of use cases so that would help. For me the main components are weather and dress factor (eg formality for work). Most are 3 season appropriate except the ones that clearly aren't.

Btw abe1x posted this on his twitter, weird

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6c7e072754e09e41f6c4b0bc7d04b5aa/tumblr_mlio6ywlLS1qifn2ao1_500.jpg

Yeah it's impossible to design something like that to fit every body type. Spent a grip on the ACR ds blazer and ran into similar issues, what can you do?

I ended up taking it to the tailor who moved the central back seam in and now it fits spot on.

I still think they can cut these more aggressively in the torso... cyclists are skinny!

Do the Climbers handle rain any differently than the Dungarees?

With that said, if you are just looking for something to wear casually and not for something to hike during rainstorms in, I have had no problems with my keirins soaking through, which are made out of the same fabric as the slim dungarees. They have surprisingly had the same water repellancy as my climbers as far as casual use goes (walking to/from car).

In terms of fits, I rank what I've tried on this way (favorite to least favorite):

Three way longs

Nyco

Keirin

Climbers

OG's

Really though, they all fit different so I can appreciate them all individually

I couldnt take the way the new OGs front pockets are, how they bulge out. They cause my tees to flare at the bottom they stood out so much.

Does anybody have any experience with the 60/30 and know if the pocket are better?

I need tan colored pants and climbers seem to be the best cut for me, but they are not releasing climbers in tan anytime soon they said.

Also because of the stretch the "slimness" of the climbers can be a little exaggerated. For example, I can get into a size 31 climbers, but can't even attempt to put on 31 SDs or even a 32 for that matter.

I wear 29 in OGs just got the climbers in 29 I could of course button them but there stretching pretty good in the waist. Ordered a 31 instead. Ill finally be set after 4 returns of there pants. :)

Got my blazer in xxl today, somebody's stoked cause they will have an one back in stock in about a week. Based on the measurements listed online, the fit would've been a match, but it is cut waaaay too big in the body. Great blazer, just fits more like a 46- 48, disappointed cause I waited a long time for it to come back in stock, and now there's no xl in stock either.... Lessons in ordering I guess, they offer the hassle free returns, gotta take advantage. Just in case, anybody ever had one of these 're-tailored' or does anybody have a recommendation on whether or not it's a good idea to do so with technical clothing like this? Thanks.

Edited by jvanaart

Anybody have any experience with their merino tees? I want one but all the pictures show that you could see your nipples though it. Is that how thin they are, or is it just the models are very cold? lol

Are you talking about the Baselayers or the T-Shirts? You can't see nipples on the T-Shirts except possibly the Near White. The Baselayers you can but it has nothing to do with thinness, they are designed to fit significantly tighter than the T-Shirts and be worn as an undershirt, plus the ribbed knit stretches more. For wearing like a tee I'd recommend sizing up and your nipples will vanish, or just waiting for the actual T-Shirts to return (should be soon, no black though due to a fuck up beyond our control). 

As for weight/thinness, the Baselayer fabric is 200gsm while the T-Shirt fabric is 190gsm, while most other companies seem to be focusing on the 150-160gsm range for the bulk of their goods.

Are you talking about the Baselayers or the T-Shirts? You can't see nipples on the T-Shirts except possibly the Near White. The Baselayers you can but it has nothing to do with thinness, they are designed to fit significantly tighter than the T-Shirts and be worn as an undershirt, plus the ribbed knit stretches more. For wearing like a tee I'd recommend sizing up and your nipples will vanish, or just waiting for the actual T-Shirts to return (should be soon, no black though due to a fuck up beyond our control). 

As for weight/thinness, the Baselayer fabric is 200gsm while the T-Shirt fabric is 190gsm, while most other companies seem to be focusing on the 150-160gsm range for the bulk of their goods.

I am interested in the new henley type tees.

Thanks, for the info. I will have to order one "sized up" and see how it is.

Edited by einstine