Outlier

ordo

I hear lots of bad things about their stitching. I would love to buy another pair of New OGs in concrete. But I cant decide if I want to put that much money towards something that may not last very long.

I do love the new ogs I have now though.

i will again say that outlier makes some of the longest-lasting shit that I have ever worn.

i wore my OG works for 3 years multiple times a week, didn't take any special care of them, beat the living hell out of them, and have only just now had to take them to a tailor for a few little repairs. I have worn my two pair of shorts almost exclusively all summer for 2 years straight, riding in them, swimming in them, etc.

sometimes a little thread comes loose, then i cut it off, and it is fine. the pants aren't like unraveling or anything lol. i have the chinos, ultralights, multiple pairs of OG's, works, three way shorts and workwear shorts.

also any time i have had any type of issue, i just contact Outlier and they sort me out. I lost a button on my shorts, I emailed them and they sent me three buttons to fix.

i give them a "buy with confidence" vote.

i will again say that outlier makes some of the longest-lasting shit that I have ever worn.

i wore my OG works for 3 years multiple times a week, didn't take any special care of them, beat the living hell out of them, and have only just now had to take them to a tailor for a few little repairs. I have worn my two pair of shorts almost exclusively all summer for 2 years straight, riding in them, swimming in them, etc.

sometimes a little thread comes loose, then i cut it off, and it is fine. the pants aren't like unraveling or anything lol. i have the chinos, ultralights, multiple pairs of OG's, works, three way shorts and workwear shorts.

also any time i have had any type of issue, i just contact Outlier and they sort me out. I lost a button on my shorts, I emailed them and they sent me three buttons to fix.

i give them a "buy with confidence" vote.

Good to know. I can not wait till they restock the three way shorts.

the three way shorts are up there with the OG's as my favorite item. people complain about the length, but I love it. so versatile and comfortable and the look slick/modern because of the length. plus having one pair of shorts that you can comfortably ride and swim in is fantastic. if they have the sea green ones again this summer i will definitely pick up another pair.

the three way shorts are up there with the OG's as my favorite item. people complain about the length, but I love it. so versatile and comfortable and the look slick/modern because of the length. plus having one pair of shorts that you can comfortably ride and swim in is fantastic. if they have the sea green ones again this summer i will definitely pick up another pair.

They said they were restocking sea green soon. How do the three way shorts fit? I wear a 29 in new OGs and am not sure if I should get a 28, or 30 since for some reason they skip 29 like many other companies.

Thanks for the heads up. Was a good read and I enjoyed the random questions.

EDIT:

Also an FYI... 3-Ways hopefully by the end of the week. IN ODD SIZES TOO... Exactly what I needed.

I read the reddit through my whole business class today. I know I can't wait for green shorts!!!

^ I can't decide on the purple... I hope it's as dark as it looks.

EDIT: I'm such a puss. Went with black haha

I know!!! Purple looks Navy, and Navy look like grey. WTF? haha

The black look more matte then my OGs. I went with the black, green. The green is amazing!

Ugh just realized when I ordered my 3 way longs that they sent me navy instead of black, at least that's what it seems like since my shorts look exactly like their navy swatch and nothing like the black ones. Bummer.

That sucks, at least you got 45 days to return. Sit on it, twitter said new stock of longs will be up soon.

abe: any plans to increase the size of the pocket on the pivot sleeve shirts so that they can hold an iphone?

also, anyone have the off-white merino tee? thinking about getting one, concerned that it might be see-throughy, particularly when it gets a little wet. not sure how thick the tees are, haven't gotten one ever.

also, anyone have the off-white merino tee? thinking about getting one, concerned that it might be see-throughy, particularly when it gets a little wet. not sure how thick the tees are, haven't gotten one ever.

Merino tees shouldnt be see-through unless they're way below 150sgm.

Ugh just realized when I ordered my 3 way longs that they sent me navy instead of black, at least that's what it seems like since my shorts look exactly like their navy swatch and nothing like the black ones. Bummer.

We just got the navy in yesterday morning and started shipping today so it's unlikely you got a navy. The black in that 4Season isn't as black as ideal due to the way the stretch cordura fibres reflect light. If you look the back face, with the looser poly fibers you should notice they are a blacker black. We've been harassing Schoeller about this for a while but they haven't been able to do anything about it. It's almost certainly a fiber/weave thing though as the Workcloth uses the exact same color dye and comes in significantly blacker.

abe: any plans to increase the size of the pocket on the pivot sleeve shirts so that they can hold an iphone?

Lots of shirt iteration in process right now so yeah, might happen. I personally like it as is for the iphone. It doesn't go all the way in, but the storm flap actually tightens against pocket to make a more secure hold. Obviously different people have different tastes, but I can at least guarantee that whatever we release with shirt pockets will be tested with iPhones.

My off-white Rapha V-neck is partly see-through even when dry. I haven't gotten an Outlier merino tee though.

Pretty sure one the Rapha designers once told me they were using something like 90gsm merino, which is insanely light. Most people tend towards 150-160gsm and we use 190gsm in ours. That said the near white is still slightly transparent. No matter what the weight though I would never recommend wearing white merino as anything but an undershirt. It's just not white enough and never will look like a crisp white cotton tee. We've been asking all the merino people for a true white forever but in the end the sheep are sort of yellow colored and nothing can take that away. This isn't a new problem either people have been trying to make whiter wool for centuries... The stuff we are using is whiter than you could get just 3-4 years ago, but all the mills we've talked to seem to have given up on pushing it even further. If they do though we'll certainly be all over it.