Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

^prob late tonight (est)...then it will be Monday morning in Japan. They prob sent you some cryptic email saying how your purchase will go into an auction? This will only be the case if they sold more than they have in stock. I find it amusing that they can't do realtime inventory, given how mature of a brand they have become...although what incentive do they really have?

In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I am sure it will arrive ~ 4 days. If your worried send an email. They'll get back to you soon with tracking number.

got the brigs in lt brown too. hope they come with an extra set of darker laces, fiber or leather... Also took 2 days before I got confirmation, then shipping took another 4-5 days locally.

Edited by Fycus

I haven't post much these days but after a few Johnny kuro highballs, why not?

The Brigadier seems to be the most popular of the first drop.  The Dainite soles are a nice new alternative to the Vibram soles...and hell, if it's good enough for Trickers...right?  For those who haven't had a chance to see them up close, some more detailed pics...

6ta8Xh9.jpg?1

PkVxJr0.jpg?2

mn388lf.jpg?2

D543jbr.jpg?1

egjw8cr.jpg?3

Although it hasn't gotten much attention yet, the other highlight (I think) was the Potomac Jacket which was modeled after the Civil War Union jacket.  The FIL Sendai manger was wearing it on release day and it looked great.

The Margery Shirt P.O. was another item that was unexpectedly nice worn as an overshirt.  I think, again, seeing it on the FIL staff won we over on that.

And the 101 Jacket Damaged sold out instantly, as usual.

so nice...

4830c6b6fe5911e2adac22000a1fbe03_7.jpg

Can anyone who attented the trunk show share about the fabric used on FW13 noragi : it says flannel, is it the same used on previous black elk  shirts ? I am worried about the pilling, not a big fan of flannel usually.

Edited by emixam

Hi - what is the difference between the Americana Deck vs. the Hockney Folk?  Aside from materials on the uppers.  Looks like the same last/sole and basic design/shape of the uppers?  I've never tried either on, but am thinking about grabbing a pair of the Americana's....

Thanks!

Emixam: Its a damaged flannel. Does not look like it would pill too much. But plain colors soft/brushed feeling flannel. I believe they have a shirt but i dont recall a black elk being made with it.

M4TM: They have had 2 eye hockney's which sit lower on the ankle, where as the americana sit higher. But the recent hockney looked just the same as americana because they were 3 eye and sat higher like them. Usually the americana are lined with horse hide though. I can say the regular visvim soles used on them are pretty good in my experience though, i have beat my hockneys at work in a boat yard/marina for a year and a half and the only worn down spot is the heel a little bit.