Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

New ballistics look awesome. Anybody care to comment on the durability of the suede bottoms? My ballistic has the buffalo hide bottom that feels bulletproof.

I have one with black buffalo (6 years use) and one with red/orange suede (2 years use) and neither show much wear after heavy use.

one of my brus saw a 10,000 usd visvim tote bag at ron herman. shaped like a birkin with sum vintage rugs.

SUmwlbM.jpgone of you coqboiz needs to cop

Edited by herpsky

It was very interesting to see the latest stockist "Table of Contents" in Portland. Small selection of visvim, nicely displayed. I really liked being able to handle a new peice like Duck Decoys (in my opinion, the new griz) and chat about the brand. Store reminded me of Tres Bien Shop, with North West herritage undertones. Sweet cash deals, no sales tax, two very good things in the vis world. so good stuff. 

Having said that, the more US stockists we get, the less likely to ever see a FIL in the states? Hiroki sets the US prices (ive heard many times now) and will not ship into the US for under value or gift, so those duties! Thus retailers are stuck on how low they can actually even go. Now if HN was to open a FIL USA would he have to keep the hyped up price point to match Union LA, Cncpts, etc or maybe come in a bit lower but still higher than JP retail?

If a FIL opened would it be just like the proxie mans show room? "go check out new product, size it and hit me up" or could it some how work in our favor? Could pricing ever be around JPY but not steal business from the growing number of US stockists? 

Not that im complaing, love checking out a new city, talking shop, etc. 

Vinneus, I wonder the same. I generally end up sizing and looking at the US retail locations (though I do sometimes purchase) but I mostly buy through proxy or (now that its available) through Visvim.tv 

I somehow, living in Los Angeles, have never been hit with duties off Visvim.tv and I've bought a number of items which always come in less than US retail. 

While I too am excited about more US retailers it's not as much about purchasing from them than being able to look. And that's not because I won't pay retail, I'd just rather pay proxie or Vis direct retail than the exploded US market prices. 

I get hated on all the time for hating paying above jp retail, but I honestly think its ludacris. A lot of it lies on the business of visvim and how the logistics team chooses to ship product. All of vis shipments are done FedEx or UPS (forgot exactly which) which fall on the buyer to pay customs fees because visvim declares price at time of shipment. Because the total value is so high for the goods, it is guaranteed that a US based shop will have to pay the import fees, which reflect the final price of the goods. Some items are marked up higher than others because US shops know people will pay more for 101, kilgore, etc. While less popular items may be closer to retail. I can't really say who the burden should fall on for the import duties, but I imagine there has to be a better way to do this without creating such high variability between domestic and international pricing. I don't know for sure, but seeing how vis does business in HK you can be certain the markup will be about the same if there were FIL in the US. 

Edited by Fycus

No, you can't "tackle" import duties in any way, neither when importing from Japan to US nor to Europe. In fact, in Europe youi have a Value Added Tax of 20-23% on top of custom fees and shipping fee (yes, VAT is calculated from the shipping fee as well). The only (legal) way to not being charged with import fees happens when the items are manufactued in "destination" countries. Maaaybe there are some exceptions when the company is registered in each and every country it imports the goods to but I'm not sure how it works (and most of fashion brands, especially "niche" ones like Visvim wouldn't do stuff like that because it's not worth the effort for them- their products will sell anyway). Also if a european shop is exporting goods outside of EU borders, it can of course subtract VAT (as long as they have proper export paperwork- that's why EU shops will rather use courier solutions like DHL / UPS rather than domestic post offices- these courier companies handle customs clearance). I really don't get it why people don't understand why EU or US prices are significantly higher than japanese ones... in EU we are speaking about around 10-20% custom fees depending on the item / country + 20-23 % on top of that + shipping. Not to mention additional fees like customs agents fees which handle the import.