Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

I went TTS with the one wash noragi and it fits good, however the chino one was really too small/short. Better to size up ad a general rule.

fun facts : http://www.complex.com/style/2013/10/15-things-you-didnt-know-visvim/#gallery

Despite any pre-concieved notions you may have, visvim has been around much longer than just the past few years. Thanks to the likes of Kanye, A$AP Rocky and John Mayer, awareness of the Japanese brand's presence has risen in the mainstream consciousness.

:mellow:

I asked the Kansai regional manager why the noragi is cut the way it is and he said that Hiroki likes the sleeves to flare out like bell bottom pants. The dudes I saw wearing noragis in Japan were quite skinny, but were still largely unable to close the bottom clasps. They seem to be designed to be superfluous.

I'd say either buy one you can easily return or resell, or wait until you can try the model you like in person. I have a linen one that is slim but comfortable, have tried on the corduroy one which was shorter but with more room in the sleeves, and can only barely fit into the one wash, chambray, or chino without sizing up which then looks strange and bunches up in the shoulders.

The lhamo cut is also slim, but more forgiving.

Edited by Planetarium

go with Lhamo, remove the cords if they annoy you and you're good. If you get nat dye Lhamo, remember to consider that the part underneath the cord you'd detatch will be undyed (they dye Lhamo/Noragi as a last step, after it's been sewn).

you guys are missing the point, of course i wear my lhmao as a top layer like an ooen shirt or cardigan even. However the Noragi could/should be worn even over a 101 via Hiroki ss11. but this has all be discussed and frankly beaten to death in old threads. please refer back.

...so yea the trunk show. nyc in march as rumor has it.

Well, search Cowichan in Google and you'll find that version somewhere for sure, but that's for window shopping..the only way to get one would be asking directly in FIL stores if any store actually has it in their, uhh.. 'archives' :) They are crazy expensive as you probably know and I think the only way of actually getting hold of one from 1-2 years back would be this method. Or keep your fingers crossed and lurk at yahoo for 2 years :)

-edit- the big question is- are you going to spend $3-$8k on a knit sweater.. :)

Edited by kojiro

Another boring sizing question. Whats the consensus on sizing on the FBT JP - heard they fit snugg from some and big by others. I'm a US10.5 in Virgils - US10 in Grizzly and Skagway - had FBT five years back and they were fine in US10. My feet are narrow - so what should I go for?

Hi,

I've got some Brigadiers size 11 US which were slightly tight (on left foot) but now have stretched out well, a pair of 7 holes US size 12 , which are a little big. I'm looking 13 SS Virgils kngr or 12 SS Cantors. What size do you recommend , are the Virgils as big as the 7 holes ? I don't know whether to go 11 and maybe a little stretch or 12.

Appreciate your comments.