Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

yo dude, what's up? that jacket is crazy, the lookbook shots were better than the static product photos so assume it looks much better worn?  tempting, tempting

Agreed, it didn't really catch my eye off the rack initially but when I tried it on, I had to pull the trigger. The articulations on the arms provide for a comfortable fit and like i said previously, I can foresee being able to wear this year round compared to some of my heavier jackets. 

Agreed, it didn't really catch my eye off the rack initially but when I tried it on, I had to pull the trigger. The articulations on the arms provide for a comfortable fit and like i said previously, I can foresee being able to wear this year round compared to some of my heavier jackets. 

I bought solely on what I saw in the lookbook and have to say I'm really happy with the jacket ... though initially the collars did appear a little too big. 

Edited by azulmarino

I'm looking for some help re washing/dry cleaning the 3L jackets, specifically the Totem. The washing instructions show the F dry clean symbol but my local dry cleaners all say that the colours will likely run/bleach. Has anyone had any problems with bleaching/running of colours whilst washing/drycleaning theirs? 

Huh? Why's that.. you should be happy- great shoes and since the price made sense for you, no reason to feel bad... Following this train of thought, everyone should feel bad about buying any kicks cause their actual manufacturing cost is usually around 1/100 of the retail price..

Haha, yeah I was joking around. I used to perform arbitrage services for various goods so I always find it funny when I get "taken" for somebody else's profit. Perfectly content with the $ i paid.

Edited by enlightened.

F/W versions have buttons for you to insert an insulator. Wouldn't make much sense for the S/S versions to have them.

Same size for outer and insulator for me. I have a size one in the pizi insulator vest and a size one in the oglala, fits perfect. Previously had a size small pollard to fit inside my small F/W bickle and townsend. Be warned though, the really old townsends have slightly different button layouts than the newer ones i.e. the distances between buttons. I think the change happened between F/W '06-'07 and F/W '07-'08.

Edited by rirawin

I went balls deep this season with outerwear:

11433211014_8ef98ec8de_c.jpg

11930148816_ce11a79d11_c.jpg

I am tempted by the new Deckhand, but trying to justify owning 15 jackets all by the same label to the missus may prove a little tricky.

Purchased just the one accessory:

11929608163_b1e6460d80_c.jpg

I prefer my Fair Isle knit one from a 4 years ago, feels a lot more substantial and warmer than the ones they're churning out these days.

That's me pretty much done for this season, roll on S/S '14.

Edited by rirawin

I went balls deep this season with outerwear:

11433211014_8ef98ec8de_c.jpg

11930148816_ce11a79d11_c.jpg

I am tempted by the new Deckhand, but trying to justify owning 15 jackets all by the same label to the missus may prove a little tricky.

Purchased just the one accessory:

11929608163_b1e6460d80_c.jpg

I prefer my Fair Isle knit one from a 4 years ago, feels a lot more substantial and warmer than the ones they're churning out these days.

That's me pretty much done for this season, roll on S/S '14.

Can I ask did you size the Caravan Jacket up or go TTS?

I know sizing questions are frowned upon in here but i could do with a little help if possible. The only vis item i own apart from footwear is a deckhand which is tagged a size large but fits more like a medium. I generally wear a medium in most brands including Engineered garments and uniqlo. Now i'm looking at getting a couple of vis items but they are marked as number sizes 1/2/3/4. Based on my normal size being a medium what number size would that equate to in Vis ?

@Rirawin - Quality sir. May I suggest a cupboard at work as well as one at home??

I had that fairisle one too....lost it on a bloody train with some gloves. 

This could start my lost vsvm files actually....do look out for a well millinered conductor on the train to Manchester / an Edinburgh scally in a navy commando jumper from about 09 and some fucker in Soho in a well worn navy Nomad.

Rewards offered!