Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

Well I live in Jakarta, so denim weights especially on shirts mean a lot.

Odd, because the most popular brand of Japanese jeans in Indonesia is Iron Heart.  Indonesia is buying more Iron Heart than nearly any other country in the world per capita.  It's very impressive considering it's all super heavy in weight.

Odd, because the most popular brand of Japanese jeans in Indonesia is Iron Heart. Indonesia is buying more Iron Heart than nearly any other country in the world per capita. It's very impressive considering it's all super heavy in weight.

That is another issue for me. I can't imagine wearing 21oz jeans here it is so hot! Most of the ppl I see wearing iron hearts are bikers/skateboarders and their reason to me is that if ever they fall it helps protect their skin. I myself wear denimes which i think are 14oz. To me that's really the limit, any more and it'll be way too hot.

Nudie is a popular brand here too

Edited by grav.itas

So yes, the damaged ss should be perfect for you. Its 14oz but has a very soft handle, it definitely breathes. Bearing in mind its still denim, its beyond soft so its not restricting either. If you need a size 2, message me direct.

Edited by Vinneus

Special ordered the Minie Hunting Jkt in indigo damaged moleskin earlier this year from the LA trunk show and received it a few days ago. I don't normally purchase pre-distressed clothing, so it was a bit of an aberration for me. I'm pretty much a size 1 across the board and went TTS on it. Wish it was just a bit heavier, but it'll probably end up allowing for more year round wear in LA.

Some of you guys need to get off your high horses. Especially when you're handing out misinformation like this:

So yes, the damaged ss should be perfect for you. Its 14oz but has a very soft handle, it definitely breathes. Bearing in mind its still denim, its beyond soft so its not restricting either. If you need a size 2, message me direct.

You're coming across just as bad as the retards (who are unable to use Google or the search function in this forum) who spout these questions that have been repeatedly answered before.

We all have to start somewhere, so why come across as an elitist prick and cast judgement? If someone asks what seemingly is a stupid question in your eyes, then ignore it and move on. In some cases not everyone can purchase direct from F.I.L. through a proxy, or pre-order from a trunk show for one reason or another. Perhaps they only just found out about the item in question and missed the release date, or they're a casual observer of the brand and aren't as hardcore as those that post within this thread.

Therefore, sometimes the secondhand/reseller market is their only option. Hence the frequently occurring authenticity questions. On this note instead of shooting down people every time someone queries a reseller's legitimacy, how about creating a list of accredited (by you fan bois) resellers at the beginning of this thread that people can refer to, or at least search for. If it's a specific item then posting in the "legit checks megathread" is probably going to be counterproductive as hardly anyone here checks or posts in that thread anyway, so it makes more sense to post in an active "branded" thread.

Additionally, this thread gets pretty redundant once the season is in motion or drawing to its end. Most people post their Visvim wares in the "last purchases" thread to get berated, and not exclusively to this. 

TL;DR: It's the season of goodwill to all mankind, so perhaps goodwill and an ounce of patience could be spread around from those involved.

Edited by PHAT HEAD CAMEL TOEZ

I'm on the hunt for a kerchief down jkt in a 4, pref lt blue but considering any others - anyone seen any with resellers etc pls drop me a pm.  I know there is one on yahoo  ;)

ta

*touchy subject .... but aiming to size up 1 in these -  have any of you guys picked one up?

Edited by Switch

Hey Dee, I look for the same everyday but a 3.....might go for brown if I ever see one and am regretting not nabbing that orange before Stephen did ! (The emerald and the yellow insulators on yahoo both look dope too.....).

I'll shout you if I ever come across a 4 but I suspect we're both looking in same places

I've got a feeling they'll come again though. Might be a while now though.

just came back from FIL and I could handle the deckhand ND...wow, what a nice piece really. The herringbone fabric looks quite nice and the shearling lining is so much better than previous seasons'. This has to be the best piece of this winter along with the PFD ND for sure. The normal version was already sold out as well as the 101 damaged. 

Edited by emixam

Hmm, by the look from photos I think i prefer the herringbone if you consider color.

Has there been a different ND Deckhand release other than lt.mud, some FIL exclusive maybe?

ND version uses the same herringbone fabric, and it serioulsy looks fucking great in person. Light mud is the only ND colorway released.

EDIT : FIL Tokyo received totally 45 Deckhand normal version, 15 were sold on pre-sale. 

Edited by emixam

Special ordered the Minie Hunting Jkt in indigo damaged moleskin earlier this year from the LA trunk show and received it a few days ago. I don't normally purchase pre-distressed clothing, so it was a bit of an aberration for me. I'm pretty much a size 1 across the board and went TTS on it. Wish it was just a bit heavier, but it'll probably end up allowing for more year round wear in LA.

yo dude, what's up? that jacket is crazy, the lookbook shots were better than the static product photos so assume it looks much better worn?  tempting, tempting