Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

They look good on I think the suede looks better worn and the kangaroo leather is p thin and kinda flimsy, but the killer for me was the red brick sole. I really wished they used black. Suede also matches the iconic military boots that likely inspired these and it makes sense that they are only doing suede next season

I believe Vin was mostly talking about the footwear.

I know some of you think my sizing advice makes no sense, but as of today i own 14 pairs of Visvim shoes/boots (over a 7 year span) and they're all size 9.

I'm guessing you don't have a pair of ISDT's in your arsenal.

I'm guessing you don't have a pair of ISDT's in your arsenal.

I don't even know what that is.  I'm assuming it's acronym for a shoe, but can't figure out what.

The Clark's esque jawns they made

Ah, don't have those, i have the Polke which is kinda like a weird Clark-esque meets a sneaker jawn.

M4t is right I had a Newell which ran huge and that's pretty much the same as the isdt. Pretty much both are desert boot chukkas. I know this is not how you measure shoes but this works for me. You can have fil measure the outsoles. Size 10s are always about 11.8 to 12.25 inches. For example some things like a furg or beauys Trekkers is gonna have a smaller outsole cause it's a pretty wide shoe. Then something like the patrician which is more narrow will have a longer outsole. Either way this works for me but again I've been told this is not how your suppose to measure

Can anyone tell the difference between the Dk brown and brown 7 hole 73 folk that just dropped with the beige canvas upper? I am seriously stumped

I think the pics are the same since they are listed elsewhere as "dk brown beige, brown beige" so you should be able to see the color difference. 

I see the deckhand and 101 jackets are already gone on the Japanese site. I notice they put a just a small number of some items on the site for sale and they sell out right away, even though they have more stock in the store. I wonder if this is to create false demand or if they just want to save some stock for walk in customers.

I really can't tell the difference between dk. brown and brown on the pics in the visvim.tv store. I'm after the ones that resemble the OG's the most (see picture), which I think is brown. But maybe someone has a pair and can correct me?

7-hole-firmament_zps4b39f3b3.jpg

Edited by Massiv

why?

A friend of mine bought a pair and noticed they said made in China.  He was concerned they maybe fakes.  I told him that Visvim makes footwear in China.  I have two pairs of the Serra hiking boots made in China.  I was not sure if the Patrician's were made there as well.

If anyone has a pair can you let me know. 

thats incorrect.  i have fbt lattice from 09 and they're made in korea.  from my understanding: folk line is made in china, everything else is korea, except for japan made models which are specified in the naming with "JP".  

personally the JP fbts all look slightly off vs the classic pairs back in the mid 00s (when black was still part of the color palette!).  something to do with the stitching and the shape of the toebox vs the classic models.  luckily ive been picking up a few second hand pairs off yahoo hk auctions while visiting from nyc.