Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

Pics of the deck hand jackets (spot item) from ConceptShop. Green looks promising...

TN_TN_visdeck9.jpg

TN_TN_visdeck15.jpg

TN_TN_visdeck25.jpg

Visvim Deckhand Jacket (Herringbone)
2014 Jan. Spot Item 
Jacket Made From Original Herringbone Fabric 
Gore-Tex Windstopper 
Color: Green,Olive and Khaki 
Available Jan. 2014

Anyone know the Japanese retail on these? And are spot items in more limited quantity or just outside of the normal collection? Trying to decide if I should pre-order with a re-seller or wait for the release and use a proxy.

spot items are just outside of release schedule, stock is comparable to regular releases. that deckhand will sellout, but if you get a proxy in line they should be able to scoop it up at release no problem. It will probably retail at around 82-85k.

Edited by Fycus

hey guys, im looking to get either the deckhand or the caravan jkt. How does these 2 compare in terms of fit, thickness and overall construction of jkt? oh and the weather doesnt get below 10 degrees from where i live, which will be a more versatile jkt ? 

Edited by 3y3scream

Caravan is wool and very itchy but warm. D eckhand is lined with a cotton fleece similar to a north face denali. Both are about the same warmth in a different way but deckhand has better wind control with the sleeve ribbing and windstopper lining

Don't forget that for a lot of people (myself included) who don't have the luxury of living near a major stockist or in japan, a little help from other people is always welcome.  I've been disappointed a few too many times with orders that don't fit as expected, especially with visvims' history of sizing fluctuations.

Saying that, a dedicated thread would be very welcome.

add to that, if your trying to make a purchase, do some research. A select few on here actually spent their hard earned bucks, figured shit out, and posted about it in great detail. What makes you wanks think its polite to just pop in ask a dumb ass question, and vanish. contribute something please.

...for the last time please, please, please stop spreading the "sizing variance" trash. thats the first sign someone either owns no visvim or is just talking to talk. I've been into the brand for 4 years. im a sz 2 and sz 10. period. I've sized up twice in my life and that was by choice to get a certain fit. ide be happy to link anyone to any old Vis season thread so you can educate yourself and come correct. of not, spend your money and learn the hard way, even email the shops with your "How to size FBT like A$AP" Q's

Please and thanx.

I can understand your frustration but who's to say that we don't research as much as possible?

Just because someone decides to ask a forum of people, who will have experience in owning items they haven't purchased or tried on before doesn't make them dumb ass questions.

I'm a size 8.5 standard in most footwear but recently had to buy a size 9 fbt, wear a size 8 Skagway and size 8 73's. My patricians are a size 8 but I take a 8.5 in the recent suede wt-hi. Visvim even state themselves that sizing depends on the textiles used.

Whilst it isn't helpful for people to just post absent mindedly without any gratitude, it's unfair to far all with the same brush.

Like I said, a dedicated thread that people who do so could be pointed to would keep this thread purely for talk about the brand.

Edited by JacktheHat

No one hear makes money responding to sizing questions. Most of us have paid to learn. Who ever is making money of you should be able to answer the sizing questions. This environment is much better with pics of new shit, talk about new product or materials etc. If your proxy does not help you out with sizing they can get fucked.

BTW I do proxies for 25% and will make sure your pants and fun boys fit before you buy the item

If your not by a FIL, which is the biggest excuse around here, and i understand for sure. The only option is Proxie or stockist. Either should have the answers.

Ide love to see some creative layering or fabric patina pics. Not the proverbial "kicking the tire" questions. Take it else where befor we switch over to the ss14 thread.

Edited by Vinneus

add to that, if your trying to make a purchase, do some research. A select few on here actually spent their hard earned bucks, figured shit out, and posted about it in great detail. What makes you wanks think its polite to just pop in ask a dumb ass question, and vanish. contribute something please.

...for the last time please, please, please stop spreading the "sizing variance" trash. thats the first sign someone either owns no visvim or is just talking to talk. I've been into the brand for 4 years. im a sz 2 and sz 10. period. I've sized up twice in my life and that was by choice to get a certain fit. ide be happy to link anyone to any old Vis season thread so you can educate yourself and come correct. of not, spend your money and learn the hard way, even email the shops with your "How to size FBT like A$AP" Q's

Please and thanx.

Thanks for the help douchebag. 

Edited by Dirty Mexican