Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

How do you spot fake visvim?

I know you've been hearing this question a lot, but I've been searching through forums and never get the exact answer.

I find these lhamo shirts one wash, but I'm not sure about the authenticity of them. Are these fakes? And how to identify it?

This one:

u3wear-img600x450-1385364273h87uvd84963.

u3wear-img600x450-1385364273eqkwbp84963.

u3wear-img600x450-1385364274scwwhw84963.

And also this one:

500x600-2013112500247.jpg

500x600-2013112500248.jpg

500x600-2013112500250.jpg

499x600-2013112500249.jpg

600x600-2013112500253.jpg

600x600-2013112500252.jpg

600x600-2013112500254.jpg

I am sorry for posting this here, but you guys are the experts.

those both look fine. Thus far the fakes that are out there are pretty obvious, and nothing in those is directly telling me they are fake. As long as the wrist buttons are mismatched and there is paint chipping, you're golden.

terrible without the stabilizer imo, it gave it a really nice balanced look. Dig the detailing at the heel. All of these are just attempts to thwart away counterfeiters imo. If you look at taobao, they already copied the ss13 suede virgils with colored stabilizers, and while they arent perfect the ignorant will definitely be duped.

not seconds per se, definitely fakes. But I can almost guarantee at least one of the fakes out there are made from the same factories after visvim pushes their product. Access to resources, leathers, etc make it easier to replicate these shoes. Lets say visvim cleans the line out, the factory will still know how to make the shoes after the fact, so they can sell patterns off to other factories or just produce themselves using cheaper materials and less labor intensive production. Obviously they can probably get caught or screwed because its under contract, but its china and basically the wild west (east?) out here. If you really look at the new fake virgils, the differences are pretty apparent. Poor font on the tpu heel, they used a different last for the shoes so the toebox doesnt match the classic virgil. The norwegian welt tape isn't stamped as clearly as the regular visvim models, and the vibram plainsole in the regular models has a shimmied piece of foam under the heel, adding a little weight to the back of the shoe but something that a replica won't have because its too labor intensive.

Edited by Fycus

kerokero332002-img600x450-13846476035mhj

Does anyone have any info on these? Year, price?

I had the same exact pair.

I'm guessing these are the OG FBTs. I bought my pair back ini 2006 at the Huf in Hayes for like 185. 

I think the Japanese retail was 22500 yen. 

Good old days when FBTs were in the 20k~ range.

I got my first Visvim 20L bag for $170 at Huf in 2006, i think retail was about $270.  Looking back on that i should have bought every bag they had in stock.

Edited by kiya

spot items: brigs (brown, camel, navy suede) and virgils (burgundy, black and dk brown leather, sand and lt brown suede. really want some dark brown virgils, but just dropped some heavy cash on jawns plus just got off vacation.....Maybe i'll have self control until spring.

1424290_741475232533251_366121615_n.jpg

s_1385796440163003676.jpg

Edited by Fycus

DSC08871.JPGDSC08874.JPG

What price would you place on these?

I bought these when they came out...

185 euro, I thought I was going mad in 2002.. Thy have proven to be bombproof unlike many follow ups to these...

The sock liner and high grade insole are ace.

And so were the details stitching on the nose, punch outs on the nose and a tie in overlay..

Edited by aso2004

sorry to muddy the waters but most bods on here who've got kerchief have all sized up i believe ?

i did with my kofu insulator and was def the right move

saying that, it seems to me that if you never intend to button it up you may get away with reg size

thanks mate, I'm gonna try the wool check version on monday in a 4 and see what I think, its the ict bandanna one I want to get but will have to assume the basic fit will be similar as closest option. just got the valdez in which in my opinion is one of best jackets visvim has ever made

no idea, sellers on taobao are just retailers, never factory direct. I'm sure if you did some sleuthing and if you knew somebody who lives in China, you might be able to find the mfr but it would not be easy. 

Also wrt to the kerchief, the wool check version suppsedly fits a tiny bit slimmer due to the fabric. The patterns were cut the same, but the bandana kerchief has thinner outer fabric. I was able to button my size 4 all the way just fine, but maybe if you are in between sizes sizing up is recommended. 

terrible without the stabilizer imo, it gave it a really nice balanced look. Dig the detailing at the heel. All of these are just attempts to thwart away counterfeiters imo. If you look at taobao, they already copied the ss13 suede virgils with colored stabilizers, and while they arent perfect the ignorant will definitely be duped.

agreed, I wouldn't say terrible, but the older pairs are much better. the heel details are nice but I'm not a fan of the soles.