Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

my opinions on the kilgore debat and the "flannel" lhamo...

my first Kilgore was the fw12 olive size 2, it fit me spot on but more like a shirt jacket. I happen to agree with fycus so sized up to a brown sz 3 ss13 for that military fit. its perfect, hits lower on my upper thigh and is very "slouchy". i could barely button my sz 2 olive, but my brown 3 is good for however i want to wear it. i just couldnt layer it under anything as its the biggest vis piece i own. not really a flaw just a fact i guess. 

as for the lhamo, yes the tag does say 100% Linen, and i moves and creases like linen but it def has some kind of slubby knit or treatment cuz it feels like flannel and is really warm. i really like it. Brown is a winner.

I'll post this here as I know there have been a lot of requests for the new catalog/lookbook...

The FW13 catalogs and lookbooks have arrived at FIL and despite the rules limiting the distribution, we are lucky enough to have been allowed access to ten sets (catalog and lookbook).  I know there have been many orders made by many customers for FW13 items up until this point, all of which are greatly appreciated, but distribution will have to be handled exactly as within FIL.  That being, catalogs can only be made available to customers who purchase items for pick-up through FIL from today forward (while supplies last).  Again, past purchases are greatly appreciated, but catalog distribution will only be from today forward while supplies last.

*Those interested in receiving the catalog and lookbook, I ask that you please place your order/request by following the steps listed on StylisticsProxy.blogspot.com*

**Those interested in receiving the catalog and lookbook, please note that they are both quite heavy.  As shipping costs are based on weight/destination, they cost will most likely be slightly higher than usual.

***These are not for sale and are only to be given out with purchases.

Thanks!

i have recently switched over to the 01 Slim jeans (purchased 01 slim D5 and 01 slim NW over past 2 months)  personally I love these the most of all fits. IMO works best for my build and are much more comfortable having the slightly higher rise (button fly) and slightly wider leg/thigh.  I started with W36 04 then moved to a W34 03 but rise was still a nut buster + i have never been keen on having no selvedge seams on a $400+ jeans but whatever.  the new 01 slims are better to me in thigh and rise but just slightly wider, id say 1/2"-3/4" max where it counts.  In a perfect world Hiroki would make me a pair with the button fly, rise and thigh on an 01 slime and the legs of a 03  :)

my new 01 slim NW in W34 L30 are in route from japan this weekend so when i get all in hand ill get some pics up so all can compare the NW03 W34 vs NW01 slim W34

also my 2 cents on the kilgores - HN is killing these (FW13) right now with his damaged process wash so SIZE UP on those.  ive had both FW12 and SS13 kilgores and both fit nicely and wash was not so heavy.  All this wet/dry processing just changes specs so rule of thumb to me is the more damage = 1 size bigger (also if not Giza and just regular chino then for sure size up - Giza to me is softer and stretches more with wear.  For the record, i wear size 4 in FW12/SS13 kilgores and kapala model, size 5 in ICT Kofu model and the size 4 FW13 kilgore i got in Navy is much smaller then all these and Navy looks like grey due to heavy wash so keep that in mind

Edited by Hatful of Hallow

I visited  FIL HK last week  and the smell from the room fragrance was absolutely incredible. I cant remember if it was No. 1 or 2. Does anyone know? 

yeah that's no1 inside of FIL HK with candlesor diffuser - apparently the exact same smell as the Paris Park Hyatt fragrance designed also by Blaise Mautin.

I am still dubious about the room spray though...the name itself plus the fact it is written it should not be sprayed on the skin makes me wonder how it should be used. I think the smell is too strong on my body, too sweet. Alaska is the only perfume of Visvim to my knowledge.

Edited by emixam

Kyoto uses the Kyoto Scent, no. 4 I believe.

no kyoto scent is number 7 and its smell so bad. i got them and i really want to get rid of it. 

i also got #5 .. they're quite nice but quite sweet, not for everyone. 

@emixam, i dont understand, you used the room spray as parfume?? or r u just jokin? lol 

Why am i not seeing the Valdez down jacket in the online store? I thought it was supposed to be released a few days ago?
Anybody know what waterproof pieces are still yet to be released this season?