Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

yeah...I like the FW10 best

i like vis direction when it was technical gear mountaineering kinda thing. not the hippie post-vietnam war approach.

the only good thing about these past seasons are that they offers more 'textures' compared with prev seasons (eg. washed techniques etc). 

most of this stuff will get slept on, footwear or otherwise.

suede two boots, cumberlands, duck decoys - all on the list. if you look at it long enough it starts to make sense.

I Forgot, The t.w.o might be the best boot build of the season, i haven't ever really been after the engineer style myself but the suede models looks fantastic. 

Yeah the Gall were really nice and just leather welted no hand stitching etc. Red Dirt would be my choice if i pull the trigger as well. Pretty sure it is the same hand knotted style through the outsole like the poundmaker. All the products with that suede look superb. 

There's a ton of great shearling pieces and suede and leather and a fucking FUR COAT and great outerwear all around. This totem looks to be my favorite (cord 3L gore!), the updated Valdez is sexy as fuck (cord gore baby!) and then there's a ton of weird brokeback mountain rancher shit. Lhoka boots will be horrifically slept on, but those are the closest to his Tibetan influence period in a long time.

the brigadier for the scans looks much nicer than the samples hiroki is wearing..

leather tab is very off, the only cool leather tag was ss12

anyone who went to the trunk knows if there's any good low cut shoe?

I like the concept of Gore/Cord combination - curious to see the Valdez version of it !!

However I dont think it is the best combination to stay dry. I have been under some severe rain pours with the PFD cord, and i was a bit wet after. The corduroy will get all wet and keeps the water, which seems to affect  the goretex properties (with normal nylon or cotton woven fabrics, the rain will form in droplets and slide while with corduroy water stay on fabric and seems to go through the goretex layer after a while).

Edited by emixam

The brand does not change. If you see the entire line like some of us it has all the same basics every season, denim, tees, hoodies, BDs. Colors and patterns change but for the most part it's pretty consistent. And there is a ton of insane shearling which no other brand can compare IMO. People see a couple peace signs and assume its all hippie shit and not like it use to be. Foot ware some models will be machine stitch like the Holtem. But there will always be the handmade items as more spot items then anything like the recent bison Virgil's that just released. The brand always does something a little weird and every brand does. But visvim does stay consistent with basics.

Master, you should work as their marketing/spoke person lol.

I understand where you coming from master, no argue that vis is consistent with quality etc, and exlopring different washes etc. but in terms of these past seasons moodboard, im not digging it. Hiroki got good eyes for details, i know particular element is there for a reason and no doubt some items will amaze us, but i dont want to pay $700/800 for a kilgore jacket with peace sign on them. I totally agree with vinneus about clean, hight tech fabric and tailoring.

Edited by seven.homme

I can't wait to see some of this outwear you guys are all talking about. My shoe collection is pretty full but god i got space for some serious outwear.  As for that picture above... its a great look, pity being only 5'7" means even high waters are full length on me... ha ha

Curious, my Trickers are often all I wear for months at a time during fall and winter. One of my favorite things about my most worn pair is their flexibility. I did find that the Dainite sole on a pair of suede Stows I have since sold was unfortunately stiff, but that may have been due to the contrast with the soft upper.

Kiya has magical visvim last feet - sz 9 fit perfect in urrrrrthang

@seven. Yeah I agree with the peace sign kilgores. But between ICT and the reg line there's plenty of Kilgore options out there. It's not like he made one bomb piece and ruined it with a peace sign. The quality has not changed. Now most of us prefer the more technical outer theme of 10 11. But the same technology and astectic is still there. Gortex is consistently stronger then every other brand out there, again IMO. When I look at this stuff I really could care less about the theme or message and don't let it influence if I like certain pieces or not.