Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

I'm not feeling this much, tbh.  There's always going to be solid new iterations of classic pieces, but nothing new really caught my attention.  I really wasn't feeling the shamrock motif. There's also peace sign patches and silly face patches on Kilgores, etc. And the sneakers with bits of yarn attached are awful.  The brigadier and holtom boots are nice.  I'll most likely get a sturgis full zip and a sherwood flannel.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know what's the material in the heel on those brigadiers? nice but not so keen on that blue, although they would resole quite easily one worn away - would look great on a commando sole sans that blue heel. stupid money no doubt.

It's probably just TPU or TPE or something. No point in resoling them if you don't like the color accent. That boot style is pretty common for many makers I dont think theres a point in buying if you want to resole them right after purchasing. To each his own though. 

Crazy how the pattern from the laces of the Skagway match the pattern on the Brigadier heel.

Does anybody if there will be a Cochise or Grizzly boots for FW13?

Apparently no more Grizzly and not sure about the Cochise

the tags are getting worse every season, this year still ok ... 

yeah...I like the FW10 best

Footwear has always been my favorite part of the brand and this FW13 footwear will most likely dissapoint just about everyone. None of it is extremely worthwhile, only decent ones IMO are the Brig and the Holtem Moc.

Peace signs and smiley faces got a little silley and out of control but they are only on a handful of items. Dont expect too much of it.

No more Grizzly? That's gonna throw a wrench in my summer budget.

I like the heel piece on the Brigadier, but without any other Visvim-specific touches it would be impossible to justify buying that while already owning Trickers on Dainite.

Looking forward to seeing more pics, thought I'm worried we'll see peace signs and smileys on near everything. I like the subtle hippie touches seen throughout Visvim's perennial aesthetics, but that would address those influences in too direct of a way for me.

My Trickers on Dainite soles are one of the most uncomfortable shoes i own, i attribute it to the sole and how stiff it is.  I'll have to try on the Brigadier before buying it.

Curious, my Trickers are often all I wear for months at a time during fall and winter. One of my favorite things about my most worn pair is their flexibility. I did find that the Dainite sole on a pair of suede Stows I have since sold was unfortunately stiff, but that may have been due to the contrast with the soft upper.

Bear in mind that I have borked feet that are basically right triangles, so our comfort needs may be way different.