Visvim F/W 2013

kiya

Is the cat officially out of the bag on Visvim in Portland? And by cat out of the bag I guess I mean confirmed/certain.

Is the cat officially out of the bag on Visvim in Portland? And by cat out of the bag I guess I mean confirmed/certain.

Yes, Table of Contents is carrying the line.  They told me the first shipment isn't till the fall delivery though.

havenshop is also picking them up

Oh really? I'm a big fan of Haven, so this comes as welcome news. Of course, both Table of Contents and Haven will be more for selection than price.

I was discussing with someone about this just the other day...must have been in chat. How is it that Tres-Bien manages to operate in the manner it does? Almost anything I could order in the states I could order off of Tres-Bien for less due to the 20% discount. As long as I know my size and know something would fit, why wouldn't I order from there to save money? They remain a confusing entity to me.

And then there's proxies from Japan right? Things are always more complicated when I think about them.

Well, Tres-Bien (and other EU shops) can deduct sales tax when shipping outside of the EU.

And because you buy in as a shop without tax your profit won't be affected (it usually wholesale price X 2.2 + Sales Tax = Retail price)

So any EU shop carrying Visvim would be cheaper for you to buy on.

And then there's proxies from Japan right? Things are always more complicated when I think about them.

anyone who doesnt buy from japan right now is dumb, especially if youre in the states, the exchange rate is roughly 99.5 yen to 1 dollar. take the raw denim, thats 26,000 yen, so about 265 dollars, union wants over 400 even with an expensive proxy and shipping youre still saving over 100 usd

the fee for proxy compared to US on the recent FBTs was $650 usd compared to the $730 USD they were asking on their site. This is even with me paying the 4% on paypal on accident.

• 2 weeks later...

so for those of us that have seen this entire season, thoughts? i personally am into a lot of the outerwar, especially the inuit coat (god i gotta figure out how to manage to cop that) quite into some of the footwear, but overall some of it is just bland. patton jacket is great, loving the IT commodores as well, just wish they were available in darker colors.

Patton is my favorite by far, had to pull the trigger on that and the cord boler. Sundance shirt jacket, 101 non wash, brig boots, and both 3L gore tex items the PFD and totem caught my eye. IT outer is generally pretty nice even if it some of it would never suit me they're still stepping out with crazy quality outerwear.

Honorable mention for the storm rider and the lhamos too.

Did feel some of it was a bit bland, excessive peace signs, and footwear didn't do it for me on aesthetic imo,quality seems to be there though. Although we will probably get a lot of great recognized boot/shoe models in spot items.

@ the HK trunk show, the damaged moleskin minie hunting jacket was clear cut winner imo - seemed like everyone there picked that joint up.  Personally was not a huge fan of any of the shoes being release except the decoy duck book which ill pick up when released. Since i have yet to get a PFD, i pre-order the nat dye one (dk mud) which i am stoked about.  Also picked up the navy caravan which is slub cord ranch style jacket similar to boiler jacket minus the $$ - this cord jacket was another hit with most people there at show most likely due to good price point. Another solid pc imo was the gortex chinook parka in olive which i picked up as well.  The one Item that i wish I could fit in (and afford) was the Natural dyed Cowichan FZ - just insane looking

@hatful the nat dye PFD is one of the most insane things they've ever released. I really hope they do a video/write up on how they dyed the gore tex naturally. I've never seen or heard of another company ever doing that.

I haven't decided how I feel about the NW 101 yet, part of me loves it, part of me sees diesel/true religion when I look at it.

I liked the storm rider until ruco kept sending me pictures of broke back mountain lol.

Valdez is a no brainer, easily one if the best pieces if outerwear that they've ever done.

Footwear I'll pick up the lhoka and brigadier and that's about it.

Nat dye HBT caf combats look sweet and really good price point. The nat dye pfd is gangster the Patton the boiler the hunting jacket. Pretty much what everyone is saying, to go to a trunk contact union and ask them if you can come and plan on spending at least 4 racks. Which is surprisingly very easy to do with this brand

Haha yeah a trunk show is a promo event by the label to gin up business at a preferred retailer that can generate enough sales volume to warrant the costs of putting on the event. But you're buying from the store, not the label

I want one on the east coast but no doubt union would fight tooth and nail even if there was enough business (which is unlikely)

Very disappointed generally. Couldn't make a trunk so hard to commit but only Boler that really took my eye and still want to see more before I commit. No footwear at all.

First time in six years I didn't pre-order......

Not sure about zip on moleskin......maybe Patton's a grower.

@Akuma - I hope you get the inuit because I'd love to see it on. Reckon Ruco could do it though :D

Anyone know any more on the ICT line the webpage mentions? Also it says Jan 13 release?? Maybe a typo.......

Not a typo. This has been out for sometime.  You can purchase through the website as well. I have a couple of t-shirts, which I'm happy with.  In fact, if anyone as an indigo crew in 4 I'd be interested.