Stunt

Supreme S/S '13

I want.

20130503-221647.jpg

Kidult

Its just sad. Does any female think, "I think I would like to purchase some Supreme. It will make me look streetwear. BUT WAIT! I can wear  items that say "Supreme Bitch" instead? Sweet!"

I would guess that most girls who wear Supreme choose to do so because it fits the "punk/streetwear boyfriend's clothes editorial" vibe that runs rampant on tumblr. And even then, they would want to be wearing their boyfriend's Supreme rather than having purchased Supreme just to imitate that look. The appeal of that look lies in the fact that clothes do communicate things to the people who surround you, and dressing in your boyfriend's clothes tells everybody else that you are rather close to each other.

Supreme and Married to the Mob are selling to completely different groups of people, and this is silly. 

The appeal of that look lies in the fact that clothes do communicate things to the people who surround you, and dressing in your boyfriend's clothes tells everybody else that you are rather close to each other.

what are you talking about bruh?

what are you talking about bruh?

I was insinuating that their respective genitalia may mash together from time to time, my good sir. Victorian ideas of social conduct still apply on the internet, yeah?

Supreme and Married to the Mob are selling to completely different groups of people, and this is silly.

I guess that's true if you think gender is some kind of irreconcilable social gap. And to that point, I don't get why mttm would highlight that jebbia authorized the sale of the shirts, it strengthens the argument for their work diluting the supreme brand

man they've been pushing that "my girls rock....." shirt for like at least five years, it sucked then and it sucked now

someone take that shit out back and shoot it

MTTM is gay and will always be gay.

I guess that's true if you think gender is some kind of irreconcilable social gap. And to that point, I don't get why mttm would highlight that jebbia authorized the sale of the shirts, it strengthens the argument for their work diluting the supreme brand

Perhaps you misunderstood. I think that girls who wear supreme are separate from girls who would wear a "supreme bitch" item of clothing. I do not think only boys are allowed to wear supreme.

only on the internet are things cool until someone else starts wearing it, now we don't think it's cool anymore

^?

Edited by fang

Perhaps you misunderstood. I think that girls who wear supreme are separate from girls who would wear a "supreme bitch" item of clothing. I do not think only boys are allowed to wear supreme.

you didn't get my point.  other than your questionable speculation about the motivation of chicks who wear supreme, you don't seem to understand that there really isn't much difference between people who buy supreme and people who buy mttm.  maybe you're stuck on the notion of what these brands represent to 6 square miles of nyc, but supreme's a big brand - maybe they have slightly more discerning (read: elitist) customers but the brands don't cater to "completely different groups of people" unless you think men and women are different groups of people.

btw what complex failed to mention is that mcsweeney tried to trademark "supreme bitch."  so for her to try and represent supreme exercising their own trademark claim is disingenuous.  if you can't trademark "supreme" then you can't trademark "supreme bitch"

you didn't get my point.  other than your questionable speculation about the motivation of chicks who wear supreme, you don't seem to understand that there really isn't much difference between people who buy supreme and people who buy mttm.  maybe you're stuck on the notion of what these brands represent to 6 square miles of nyc, but supreme's a big brand - maybe they have slightly more discerning (read: elitist) customers but the brands don't cater to "completely different groups of people" unless you think men and women are different groups of people.

btw what complex failed to mention is that mcsweeney tried to trademark "supreme bitch."  so for her to try and represent supreme exercising their own trademark claim is disingenuous.  if you can't trademark "supreme" then you can't trademark "supreme bitch"

Gotcha. I now understand much better what you were saying, and I am happy to concede the point that the customer base is not nearly so far apart as I argued. 

Anyone know how much this season's sunglasses are gonna cost???

Just throwing this out there:

If anyone has a pair of Supreme x Oakleys they would like to sell, please get at me. Looking to get a pair for a friend as a going away present, he's a huge Frogskins collector.

please don't flog your wares in a discussion thread

tumblr_mb3b6kSNqe1r6rvooo1_500.gif

Edited by destroyer

thoughts on vans dropping this week? i already have the navy coaches jacket (and the navy box logo but i haven't even touched that), think i'm good having just one piece with this print on it.

50 yo dude in front of me at post office just received the fakest looking camp cap with a store tag the size of a business card. His son's going to be pissed

50 yo dude in front of me at post office just received the fakest looking camp cap with a store tag the size of a business card. His son's going to be pissed

hahaha the most mad.