Supreme S/S '13

Stunt

The appeal of that look lies in the fact that clothes do communicate things to the people who surround you, and dressing in your boyfriend's clothes tells everybody else that you are rather close to each other.

what are you talking about bruh?

what are you talking about bruh?

I was insinuating that their respective genitalia may mash together from time to time, my good sir. Victorian ideas of social conduct still apply on the internet, yeah?

Supreme and Married to the Mob are selling to completely different groups of people, and this is silly.

I guess that's true if you think gender is some kind of irreconcilable social gap. And to that point, I don't get why mttm would highlight that jebbia authorized the sale of the shirts, it strengthens the argument for their work diluting the supreme brand

I guess that's true if you think gender is some kind of irreconcilable social gap. And to that point, I don't get why mttm would highlight that jebbia authorized the sale of the shirts, it strengthens the argument for their work diluting the supreme brand

Perhaps you misunderstood. I think that girls who wear supreme are separate from girls who would wear a "supreme bitch" item of clothing. I do not think only boys are allowed to wear supreme.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I think that girls who wear supreme are separate from girls who would wear a "supreme bitch" item of clothing. I do not think only boys are allowed to wear supreme.

you didn't get my point.  other than your questionable speculation about the motivation of chicks who wear supreme, you don't seem to understand that there really isn't much difference between people who buy supreme and people who buy mttm.  maybe you're stuck on the notion of what these brands represent to 6 square miles of nyc, but supreme's a big brand - maybe they have slightly more discerning (read: elitist) customers but the brands don't cater to "completely different groups of people" unless you think men and women are different groups of people.

btw what complex failed to mention is that mcsweeney tried to trademark "supreme bitch."  so for her to try and represent supreme exercising their own trademark claim is disingenuous.  if you can't trademark "supreme" then you can't trademark "supreme bitch"

you didn't get my point.  other than your questionable speculation about the motivation of chicks who wear supreme, you don't seem to understand that there really isn't much difference between people who buy supreme and people who buy mttm.  maybe you're stuck on the notion of what these brands represent to 6 square miles of nyc, but supreme's a big brand - maybe they have slightly more discerning (read: elitist) customers but the brands don't cater to "completely different groups of people" unless you think men and women are different groups of people.

btw what complex failed to mention is that mcsweeney tried to trademark "supreme bitch."  so for her to try and represent supreme exercising their own trademark claim is disingenuous.  if you can't trademark "supreme" then you can't trademark "supreme bitch"

Gotcha. I now understand much better what you were saying, and I am happy to concede the point that the customer base is not nearly so far apart as I argued. 

Just throwing this out there:

If anyone has a pair of Supreme x Oakleys they would like to sell, please get at me. Looking to get a pair for a friend as a going away present, he's a huge Frogskins collector.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

50 yo dude in front of me at post office just received the fakest looking camp cap with a store tag the size of a business card. His son's going to be pissed

hahaha the most mad.