Supreme S/S '13

Stunt

After all this chaos about resell value I finally got my 3m jacket yesterday (was at my parents house for a week before I could pick it up) only to find that the 3m was damaged as hell. There are dark spots all over the jacket, 3m completely ruined in many places. I guess this is very common with the 3m model jackets, which probably will come to light after people wear them for a couple months. I emailed supreme and got a less than enthusiastic response. After following up with some pictures, they offered to return it no questions asked and refund my card. Thankfully they acknowledged the problem, I was worried that they would stonewall me which is pretty unfair. I'm pretty curious to see what is going to happen to those who are wearing the jacket regularly. I'll have to say though the jacket fit like ass, but the 3m was seriously impressive in person.

Asked to return jacket because I mentioned in email I could not resell due to the heavy damage.

Response "the jacket is not damaged that is the nature of 3M, please email me pics of the jacket"

Again, the final outcome was awesome and I appreciate that they were at least receptive to my requests. I have heard horror stories about Supreme in the past especially with returns.

Asked to return jacket because I mentioned in email I could not resell due to the heavy damage.

Response "the jacket is not damaged that is the nature of 3M, please email me pics of the jacket"

Again, the final outcome was awesome and I appreciate that they were at least receptive to my requests. I have heard horror stories about Supreme in the past especially with returns.

"i could not RESELL the jacket due to the heavy damage." of course they're not going to be very enthusiastic...

Hah let me rephrase. I said I wanted to keep it but with the defects it was not worth holding onto, and I don't feel honest selling the jacket to somebody as brand new condition since it was defective in the first place. I figured the natural reaction if I don't like something I buy from supreme is to sell it, but I believe that somebody would ask for their money back if I sold this to them.

Pics of the damage (which was ALL over the jacket)

https://docs.google....UJGWHBTMXc/edit

https://docs.google....EJ0ZDl6Z2M/edit

https://docs.google....3V3cFNhMlk/edit

Edited by Fycus

Pics of the damage (which was ALL over the jacket)

Also, three small spots on a jacket? Not a big deal. Sounds like you're bored.

I have a folder full of damage like this, and it was all over the jacket

My girlfriend picked up a couple of odd pieces from the London store that I can't recall having seen online. A five panel hat with a crocodile leather strap and a lightweight stretchy box logo cotton beanie. Could they be older season stuff or were they just never on the website?

edit:

Nevermind, they are just not on the webshop.

Edited by carlanton

Supreme really are a giant bunch of cunts. I can't imagine the case getting further than MTTM's lawyer simply saying "your honor, Barbara Kruger" and then dropping the mic. 

http://www.complex.com/art-design/2013/05/barbara-kruger-responds-to-supremes-lawsuit-a-ridiculous-clusterfk-of-totally-uncool-jokers

Barbara Kruger holds no relevance to this case and the way Complex is trying to spin it because they got one silly email from a 68 year old washed up artist is sensationalism. Streetwear journalism is yellow journalism and to think that anyone can take anything you say seriously when you say 'cunt' in your first sentence is hilarious.

Edited by Mauisnake

Its just sad. Does any female think, "I think I would like to purchase some Supreme. It will make me look streetwear. BUT WAIT! I can wear  items that say "Supreme Bitch" instead? Sweet!"

I would guess that most girls who wear Supreme choose to do so because it fits the "punk/streetwear boyfriend's clothes editorial" vibe that runs rampant on tumblr. And even then, they would want to be wearing their boyfriend's Supreme rather than having purchased Supreme just to imitate that look. The appeal of that look lies in the fact that clothes do communicate things to the people who surround you, and dressing in your boyfriend's clothes tells everybody else that you are rather close to each other.

Supreme and Married to the Mob are selling to completely different groups of people, and this is silly.