Supreme S/S '13

Stunt

honestly, so long as my rent/bills are paid, and i put money in my savings etc, any other purchase i make no matter how dumb or exorbitant is cool. I mean honestly, i could blow 500 in a weekend and have nothing to show for it, and if worst comes to worst, supreme tends to retain its value these days so i could always recoup with little to no losses

I'm almost positive the material on the backpack is a different offering from 3m. If you look at the catalog posted a page back, 3m has many different styles in their reflective fabrics. According to reports, the backpacks are showing spots already which tells me they are the cheaper iterations of the 3m.

This also made me lol: "I'm going to deduct two jackets on my tax return for being a professional fuckboi"

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d3cde96c5

this is the only auction i've found on ebay so far where the reseller is winning. Im willing to bet this will turn out like the ss12 collabo jacket where everybody realized it looked like it came from zumiez and then nobody could get more than retail for it. Not that I think this one looks super horrible, I just can't imagine a lot of people wanting to pay 700 for it.

I think if any of you bought it for resell, you should put it up on ebay now while it's hot. Otherwise keep it to match the last dunk collabo.

Edited by andrewisdope

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d3cde96c5

this is the only auction i've found on ebay so far where the reseller is winning. Im willing to bet this will turn out like the ss12 collabo jacket where everybody realized it looked like it came from zumiez and then nobody could get more than retail for it. Not that I think this one looks super horrible, I just can't imagine a lot of people wanting to pay 700 for it.

I think if any of you bought it for resell, you should put it up on ebay now while it's hot. Otherwise keep it to match the last dunk collabo.

I agree and disagree with you. I think the ss12 jacket was horrible, but it was also priced relatively inexpensively so if people were taking a loss on it, it was not a huge loss and the jacket was pretty ugly so serves them right for reselling. This jacket uses a unique material and the design and detail on the jacket are on point. I guarantee a couple years down from now the jacket will be referenced as one of the better supreme pieces, it is unique enough that it probably won't be revisited, and hardly any other companies have jackets like this. I'm sure comments will be made about the high price, but it isn't totally out of the realm of other 3m jackets. Unless of course the 3m ends up being shitty and the jackets are defective after a couple wears.

Edited by Fycus

There's a built in price resistance around 800 for resale and i would predict most will likely go between 600-650 unless you get in/out really quickly. So if you're trying to flip, basically you're buying a lot of 10 camp caps at 50 to sell for 60-65. This is especially true for mail orders.

Buying to trade up to visvims is risky, if you don't hit your mark you risk tying up money on something or taking a loss

The bigger the price tag the bigger the return usually. No point in buying to resell something for $20-30 profit.

Going off the average, give or take, release day resale on the two items:

TNF: $700 - $508= $192/$508 = 37.80% return

CDG box logo: $200 - $90 = $110/$90 = 122.22% return

Where the fuck are you seeing box logo tees sell for 200? Not only that, it's not easy to buy multiple items unless you have more than one card or are buying different colorways. Forget % return on investment, that doesn't mean shit here. The absolute profit is higher for the higher priced margins because reselling more expensive items usually has a higher return.

TNF: $700 - $508= $192/$508 = 37.80% return

well if you're opening day coat in hand it's 700 - 540 (incl tax) and likely 5-10% selling fees = less than 20%

funny how margins are much better on the waistpack

i have much more respect for people who buy it because they think it's awesome even if that reason is retarded. the rest of you are just perpetuating hype

Edited by readytoignite

well if you're opening day coat in hand it's 700 - 540 (incl tax) and likely 5-10% selling fees = less than 20%

funny how margins are much better on the waistpack

i have much more respect for people who buy it because they think it's awesome even if that reason is retarded. the rest of you are just perpetuating hype

Exactly, my quick calculation was a best case scenario based on an online, no-tax purchase and a sale with no associated fees.

Sure, the dollar-to-dollar return on the jacket is more lucrative than say something like the CDG box logo (I sold two for $220, Fycus), but there's more risk involved dropping that much money on something that a huge majority of Supreme's clientele can't afford for potential resale than there is on a hat or a tee to resell. I'd rather be down the hole $30-$100 than $500 in the likelihood that I bought something purely to resell.

And what about the CDG SHIRT loop collar and gussets? Those were high ticket and struggle to even sell for retail in the aftermarket.

I'd rather spend the money on TOJ, but cheers to anyone that bought the Ultraman jacket because they genuinely like the piece.