okonomi

6.0 suggestions

Figured it couldn't hurt to let you guys in charge know what we might like to see in the next upgrade, however far down the track that might be.

My suggestion: PLEASE bring back rep comments. The whole communication style of this forum is based around the assumption that we have rep comments. It is not as good without that mode - the WAYWT threads especially. Also they were fun and helped keep threads pretty tidy.

Edited by okonomi

I loved Rep comments.

He's still posts on the board. Just under a different name...

search function - at the very minimum, i would like to be able to see all archived content by username. some of this seems to have been lost when the old threads were indexed. advanced search within threads and forums would be nice, if possible.

supermarket - i would like to have the ability to run advanced searches and filters by size, color, brand, etc... additionally, the option to view individual "stores" by username would be great to reduce multiple threads per user.

search is key here... there is so much information lost in the labyrinth of supermarket... if this info not usable and retrievable, then it's worthless.

at the end of the day, anything to facilitate posting and interaction is fine really.

at this point, there have been too many cosmetic overhauls that have driven away many users in the past.

would like to see an atmosphere and layout that is supportive of more posting... that's it.

it might be helpful to ignore superfluous interface tweaks for a moment... and focus on posting, which is the core of any successful forum community

supermarket - i would like to have the ability to run advanced searches and filters by size, color, brand, etc... additionally, the option to view individual "stores" by username would be great to reduce multiple threads per user.

search is key here... there is so much information lost in the labyrinth of supermarket... if this info not usable and retrievable, then it's worthless.

this would be amazing.

i do agree that a forum of this magnitude is in desperate need of a functioning search. i do also agree aesthetic "upgrades" may need to take a backseat for 6.0 and instead focus on utility a little: posts should occupy less vertical space to make presentation of information/posts more practical; greater implementation of analytics for posts/threads (arrange by trending, featured, etc.)

as for supermarket, why not introduce an interface that requires users to specify individual items by brand via a dropdown (plus an "others" category for the less than obvious)? this allows users to shop by brands and can prevent search term inconsistency issues (e.g. someone listing a thread for ann demeulemeester as "annd")

i disagree on the brand search. any diction regarding brands would potentially restrict the entire site to a specific identity or style or what have you. for example, i'm sure there has been a large influx of new members searching for rick or raf during the past 6-12 months. all the meanwhile, there are still new denimbros getting baptized in bathwater every week.

my point is, i think that superfuture is first and foremost, a worldwide shopping source, where one can learn how and where to shop better, faster, smarter stronger. learning how to dress comes naturally because clothes is typically the first nonessential that people shop for.

but i don't disagree that supermarket needs to be changed. how about adding the location of the seller? i, personally, avoid dealing with anything in HK or SG dollars.

not a 6.0 suggestion but please ban anyone bumping dead sale threads. i.e I see about 5 "still got these?" comments a day for year old sale threads for rick dunks.

but i don't disagree that supermarket needs to be changed. how about adding the location of the seller? i, personally, avoid dealing with anything in HK or SG dollars.

>fobsquad

>subtle racism

nice.

yeah +1 for rep comments.

just dont do another utterly useless UI overhaul that forces people to re-learn everything, like the last 3 times

instead of hosting every single user's profile picture, why not let some of them use images that are hosted externally? there's an option to enter a URL, but the image will end up getting hosted by this site anyway, so things like this don't work

instead of hosting every single user's profile picture, why not let some of them use images that are hosted externally? there's an option to enter a URL, but the image will end up getting hosted by this site anyway, so things like this don't work

suggestion: utilize pictures in that link to convert all profile pictures into anime avatars

Make repcom free. I understand that the site needs money to survive, but something like repcom only works when everybody has it.

edit: also make the rep page similar to how it was in 3.0, ie 50+ items per page

Edited by ProfMonnitoff

ability to rep while using the mobile interface would be cool

Suggesting MODS check their msgs please and thankyou.

suggestion: utilize pictures in that link to convert all profile pictures into anime avatars

the site is largely used by megatokyo members, but you understand what it does, right?

melfice0.jpg

if not, refresh the page a few times

there's  an add friends function and list, so pls implement an add enemies function etc.

also where is the "poopular" after 50 negs? 

i want to post embedded soundcloud links so that i can play the track in the post

is this possible to do now?

I'm a bit confused as to whether or not we have a maximum image size for posts. What I mean is anything larger than such and such a size would be scaled down to the maximum the forum would allow automatically.

Sometimes I'll click an image and it will show up larger in its individual pop up window, which leads me to believe it's been automatically resized, other times a huge image will distort an entire page of posts.

if u enable  superseller/etc status members to browse other members' pages anonamously i'd consider paying to upgrade.  meaning i dun want my name to appear in "recent visitors."

don't want timber or whitney 2 b scared

or any others thinkin i'm not just hatin

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Can you please move the "use mobile version" button away from "supertalk" etc?

I love to use the full version on an ipad and this close quarters mistake leaves me feeling frustrated.

Thankyou.

the ability to change rep for a minute or two after giving it. would cut down the number of "sorry meant to +rep" posts immensely.

fuck.  sorry i meant to +rep.  seriously lol

Can you please move the "use mobile version" button away from "supertalk" etc?

I love to use the full version on an ipad and this close quarters mistake leaves me feeling frustrated.

Thankyou.

Or just take out mobile version completely, with the resized pictures with no option to zoom and no rep it's completely useless

the supermarket should take after styleforum marketplace

I like seeing thumbnail pics before clicking on threads, quick way to judge if style, color, etc. is something i would want

Also restrictions on bumping threads to once a week or so

Idk if this is the right place to post this, just correct me if I´m wrong.

I think the icons for jumping to the last (or first) page of a thread are wrong.

They are << and >> when logically they should be |<< and >>| .

<< and >> are usually used to go back and forth one page at a time.

I hope someone understands what I mean, I just woke up. 

maybe take off warning points once they're expired.