SUFU Ebbets Round Three

Northwest

I am fond of the green satin visors too. Can we see another pic with under the brim of your hat visible 2112?

img1923yu.th.jpg

is it just the lighting or is the burgundy that red/bright in person?

It's the lighting/pic. It's a bit darker irl. Not as dark as the cap Northwest posted, but somewhere in between.

green wool underbrim would be straight fire.... ive never seen that done and ive followed ebbets from the beginning.

Never seen it either, but that would be fire.

Edited by 2112

sufuhat_greenwoolvisor.jpg

here's a crappy PS rendition of green wool under the visor.

if this is an option, i'm all for it

edit: hope the maroon in the hat would be closer to the Bows & Arrows color pictured in the OP.

Edited by fang

Just wanted to note that changing details like the undervisor material might change the price. Probably not more than a couple dollars, but I didn't want anyone to think that $22 was the final price no matter what options are on the hat.

Edited by brozek

Thanks for bringing that up Brozek. I will make sure to double check with the rep that our choices on options for the hat do not change its price, but as they were on the sheet I hope they would not. Now, I am sending a PM to people who have done this in the past, but I really want to start taking payments once we completely finalize the hat. To clarify, in what form should I ask people to send their payment? Gift or not?

Down to the final stretch guys! Emailed our rep about the wool underbrim, and let us have this be the final discussion of the topic.

The current hat design for SuFu round three has a maroon wool underbrim. The green wool underbrim has been suggested as an option because it is a play off the normal green satin underbrim. Now a detail like that is something that certainly represents a lot of what we stand for when it comes to clothing. For most of us on SuFu, clothing occupies a different priority in life for us than it does for the majority of people who surround us. Looking at our clothes, many people would either think that we look slightly odd or not recognize the difference in the qualities of our clothing at all. However, to any of the members of our tribe of details and differences, a subtle change like this one earns respect and admiration because, as noted, no one thought to make a change like that before.

While I like this detail, I do not think it belongs on a maroon/creme hat.

I would love to see this detail implemented however. And I have good news in that regard: I am not going anywhere. The next time we do a Sufu hat purchase I can help organize it much more efficiently and we might be able to be done with design, interest, information, and payment in two weeks if we are slow.

I would personally love to see a green wool underbrim on a murdered out black hat or the charcoal hat with a black S that was the runner up for Sufu round three. And I think we should save it for one of those hats rather than trying to put it on a color scheme where it could end up clashing. As andrew said, we don't want to be looking like christmas.

Just my two cents, but let me thank everyone who's come to this thread and thrown in their opinion on design, helped me out with payment, etc. Once we get paid up hats are on the way.

As soon as I get an email back, my paypal we go up and we are on our way.

Just got home from Seattle and I have the final clarification email from Ebbets. The embroidery of (10) will cost us $2.00 extra per hat, but it has been part of every iteration and I think it's certainly worth that.

Final Price: $36.35 for all continental US, $40.50 for international customers, and $63.95 for two in the continental US.

After receiving advice from former organizers and the thread, I request that all payments go through Paypal.

Do not send payment as a gift. Because we are not sending as a gift, I am getting charged Paypal's fees. I will cover the two early birds so they do not have to resubmit payment but to those newly checking the thread the final price above includes the extra $2.00 for embroidery and covering Paypal fees.

The email address that I use for Paypal is [email protected]

I will note who has paid on the spreadsheet as payments come in. If we can manage to get all of our payments done by this weekend, they can start work on our order Monday morning. I'd like that to be our goal.

Edited by Northwest

just for reference - as i mentioned earlier, i went with my normal new era 5950 size and it fits fine. but you know how fitteds shrink a bit over time like when they get wet, of if you haven't had a haircut for a while so its a bit tighter - new era's you can just use your knee and pull on it and it will stretch out a bit. on the ebbets you can't do that as its a bit more delicate (at least the sufu v1 is). I've busted a few threads on the seams doing that.

i guess if you keep it dry and your fades in check, you'll be fine with your normal size.

ps - I just sent you the $$$.

Edited by M4TM

Fair question Ulysses! Let me check in with the rep.

maybe for the next iteration of the hat someone can design a sufu baseball logo a la the yankees/giants/etc- like this supreme one here:

e1.jpg

just a thought

how much more would it cost to use a custom design?

Edited by fang