SUFU Ebbets Round Three

Northwest

Hey guys. SUFU Ebbets Round Two has been busy. Busy enough to create the next hat and gather, at this point, 27 people who are interested in a new Ebbets SUFU hat. Our design is a maroon hat with a creme S that was decided upon after having viewed the Bows & Arrows x Ebbets design seen here. A similar boxy font would be used for the S; our reference point was the S on an Ebbets vintage white sox hat.

4nfGOgN.jpg

As mentioned, 27 people have already PMed me their hat size and have hopefully taken my warning that we are dealing with a business and if anyone delays on their payment they will be delaying the whole community's hat delivery.

However, upon returning home today from work today I discovered many PMs had arrived after I posted about emailing the Ebbets representative and I thought that this had not been spread around the community enough. Starting a new thread earlier would have been in our favor, but having one now is better than keeping the SUFU Ebbets round two thread as our base of operations.

I am happy to include more people in this order who know that they would like a hat and will be able to pay for it. Out of deference to everyone who took the time to PM me early with their hat sizes and who are eager to have their hat arrive, though, I request that anyone who is interested in getting in on SUFU Ebbets Round Three please PM me their hat size in a fitted hat this weekend. I will be getting my first email back from the Ebbets representative this Monday and it would be good to know the grand total of how many people we will have in on this.

Let there be much WAYWT stunting and matchy-matchy meetups.

Fang, I definitely like that idea. However, those who have signed up are picturing the design that is being advertised. To add or subtract from it at this point is ill-advised. In the future, I would be happy to see that included.

Having arrived home, I now have my first email from our Ebbets representative. This contained information that should be shared with those purchasing hats. We laid out our base design but the custom cap form has more details. The following is my idea of what our current design looks like/should look like as well as the remaining options.

Cap Crown Types: Ebbets 6 Panel (low profile 6-panel; 5 panel camp crown)

Visor Type: Regular 3 inch visor (short 2")

Under Visor Fabric: same wool as hat (green satin is standard; colored cotton; colored wool)

Sweatband: White cotton (black cotton) Would black be more advisable as white would get dirty easily?

Inner Seam Tape: white satin (black cotton; white cotton)

Labels (from left to right): Made in USA (on the left), Ebbets Field (on the right)

As this is my first time creating these hats, criticism is welcomed.

Then there was some bad news. Their fitted hats run size 7 1/8 through 8". I will PM the users who requested hats below 7 1/8.

I am currently composing an email to Ebbets to determine the logistics of shipping the hats and I am consulting with a former facilitator of the SUFU Ebbets hats to ensure that I move the process along as smoothly as possible.

I agree with most of the things you put up, though I do think that the sweatband should be black. Don't want them sweat stains~ (even if it is on the inside). Inner seam tape can also be black to match (again, it's the inside so whatever if others disagree). Otherwise, real good job bru.

Second email from our rep after asking about shipping: drop fee is $5.00 and it costs $5.95 for shipping. The price for just our hat will be $22.00. Therefore, the final cost to all individuals involved will be $32.95. In order to have them ship out to everyone I will need to PMed your name and address if you want a hat.

Design with Adjustments:

Crown: Wool, maroon, Ebbets 6 panel

Visor: Regular 3"

Under visor Fabric: maroon wool

Button: Tonal

Eyelet: tonal

Sweatband: Black cotton

Seam Tape: Black cotton

Lettering: Boxy S on front (BBS23C), tonal (10) on back (opinion when PMing name and address could clear this up)

Labels: Made in USA (on left), Ebbets Field (on right)

I will PM everyone requesting their name and address for shipping today.

Finally, Ebbets has requested that the payment occur in a single transaction, which I believe will necessitate everything going through my paypal account. This is what was done for SUFU Ebbets Round Two, so I will discuss the logistics of that with the former facilitator.

If we can manage to have names, addresses, and payment done by this Monday that would be aces. I will determine where to send the $32.95 ASAP.

The archives have spoken! Let it be so.

i get the next size up usually. having it the same as my NE would make a bit tight. but i'm sure there are others who buy the same size.

k, i'm a 7 1/2 in mitchell & ness, 7 5/8 in new era

do i therefore need to order a 7 3/4 in ebbets?

Edited by jbanger

All PMs should have gone out. Filling in the spreadsheet as I get information in.

Emailed our rep about pricing if people want to purchase more than one hat (for all you lucky people who actually know fellow Sufu members, one person could collect, have them shipped to them, and then distribute to cut down on shipping costs).

Also emailed about international shipping.

I'm down for one... my Grey v1 is beat. I got my normal New Era size and I find the Ebbets to be slightly small and not as easy to stretch out (it's a bit more delicate). I'm going to go up a size this time around.

Ebbets representatve is great, just so everyone knows. I should visit their store here in Seattle sometime.

I emailed her about international shipping, and the cost to all of the guys outside the US is going to be $37.00.

$22.00 for hat + $10.00 international shipping + $5.00 drop ship fee = $37.00

Finally, she asked about the size of our order. Apparently, they recently had someone go through the process I am going through right now and then request a 196 piece drop ship hat order. We will not be making such a request of Ebbets now nor should we do so in the future. That's the kind of order that ruins a day, then an evening, then probably a weekend for whoever has to work there. It is also the kind of order that doesn't get you a nice welcome back. She would like the order to remain between 24-60 pieces. We are currently ordering 37 hats, and we will not exceed 60.

While I wait for information on how to have you guys make a deposit into my Paypal account so I can pay Ebbets when we reach the final cutoff date, I will still accept orders. Please read through how people have found the hats to fit, as there appears to be some debate and it would be rough to be unable to wear your hat. I am happy to make changes to the spreadsheet so that we try to end up happy with the experience.

^ nice work man, good to see ebbets don't charge rape on the freight for us internationals either!

hmmm, just need to work out whether to size up or go tts now....

Edited by jbanger

Currently waiting for a name and address from the following: Landwolf, Albite, Airick, Ihaveaccount, Zachinthebox, Brozek, thatboyo, CSK, and Coaster.

Now I don't want messages being misdirected, but I don't think there should be any harm in noting that Nixon is the one who helped out with previous orders and is assisting me in this process, so throw some rep his way for helping me out. His message today alerted me that the Paypal transaction fee will cost everyone approx. $1.00 more per hat unless we make the payments to me a gift.

As anyone who has visited the supermarket has probably seen, there is a sticky that warns against sending payment as a gift unless the seller is personally known. I will be in charge of approx. $1300.00 total, so I understand there being cause for concern. However, in that same post I believe there is an explanation of how to have your money returned to you in the effect of having something go awry.

This should not be a concern, however. I will be sure to continue updating this thread with information about received payments and when the final payment goes to Ebbets. I am thoroughly enjoying the community and I will remain someone worthy of the community's trust. My jawns will continue to be purchased with money I have earned.

I'd encourage you not to take payments as gifts - Paypal can put a hold on your account for large activity like that, and then we're all sort of stuck while they sort it out. I don't like Paypal any more than the next guy, but I don't want the order held up unneccessarily. Anyone who can pay $32 for a hat can pay the extra paypal fees too.

Edited by brozek

Hey guys. Going to have one last chat with Nixon/other paypal knowledgeable folks before I open up the floodgates for payments. Still need name/address from the following if you want a hat:

Landwolf

Albite

Ihaveaccount

ThatBoyo

CSK

Coaster

Thanks for sticking with me on my first time organizing guys.

I'm down with the boxy S. The burgundy is a really dope c/w. Here's one I had custom made a while back.

img1919lh.jpg

Black sweatband with white satin piping, and burgundy wool undervisor.

I wish I would have opted for the green satin undervisor though. That's what really makes these caps pop.

is it just the lighting or is the burgundy that red/bright in person?

I also prefer the green underbrim as well anyway some of us can get the green underbrim

If I pmed you about the hat do we need to get a reply back or just sending the pm means you are in