Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

• 1 month later...

Perhaps of interest to anyone who wants to join a boot contest, and buy a pair of Wesco at a heavily discounted price.

Pre order is now open for BWC x Wesco Foot Patrol boot for a limited time only...

Update from a while ago (February 8th, 2014): rain and mud at the dog park. The boots were promptly cleaned and conditioned and subsequently peed on by my dog the very next day...

15552053457_915bab9db7_o.jpg

15552053247_bc61ea3976_k.jpg

Edited by jacek

Gave them a thorough cleaning and conditioning with Lexol, applied some beeswax to the natural sole edge with a Dremel (as well as some Quoddy waterproofer over that,) then applied a generous coat of Montana Pitch wax to the whole boot and brushed it all down. They're a little bit sticky from all the wax and wax based products, but much softer... possibly too soft; I was able to stretch the instep strap out to the next hole! Hadn't been wearing them much over the summer, but now I'm looking forward to wearing them practically every day.

15593310388_9144674370_k.jpg

15593920800_6e11475dd4_k.jpg

15593310878_39b607702b_k.jpg

• 1 month later...

HWB-04 

I've been working on creating my own brand and these boots are the first style handcrafted right here in New Zealand.  

Brand: Last & Loom

Style: Work Boot

Leather: Soggy Brown Steerhide (Farmed & Tanned in the Central North Island of New Zealand)

Toe: Medium Celastic

Sole: Natural Double Leather Sole with Stacked Leather Heel & Rubber Top Piece

cmub.jpg

w39t.jpg

l was in NZ a couple of months ago and am full of regret that at the time l was unaware of your,e boot or store .

lv trawled this thread to find how your,e boots have weathered but you only seem to have a few random pics up , also had a look at your,e facebook page and you seem to have the same photo,s there also . Do you post elsewhere the full transition of wear ?

Am super interested in doing this for 2015/2017 , it seems to me that they ( the organises ) have tweaked the criteria in that there is a monthly photo show and tell and task,s that are to be completed and photo documentation of event , is this right or am l just pissing in the wind .

• 2 weeks later...

been awhile since my last update. horsehide white's semi dress. worn frequently though not every day wear..

IMG_0506_zpsc2c39ac5.jpg

IMG_0508_zps240b4f97.jpg

IMG_0507_zps8f72e8e4.jpg

probably my favorite pair on SuFu, louis. just curious, do these look so wide in the toe box because of the last, or because they have a celastic toe? mine have neither and they look narrow in comparison. Edited by Rain Dogs

probably my favorite pair on SuFu, louis. just curious, do these look so wide in the toe box because of the last, or because they have a celastic toe? mine have neither and they look narrow in comparison.

yeah they look very wide because of the swing last like what brownmetallic mentioned. however the toe box just happen to make the view of it look wider. which i kinda did regret at first but actually grew on the look.

• 1 month later...

Not many at all mate, and our prize providers are proving difficult to contact also.

On the bright side it still has an extra month to go before the end so we will see what happens.

• 1 month later...

Sagara boots will be honouring their sponsorship, good on them, so the winner of the HWBC will receive a new pair of Sagara boots and they are bloody nice if I do say so myself.

The final submissions thread will open shortly.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...